PDA

View Full Version : Paul-Barr Meeting

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I've heard from several sources now that there were talks on Tuesday between Bob Barr and Ron Paul. To me, this can almost certainly only mean one of two things:

1. Ron Paul and Bob Barr are going to announce an independent ticket together.

OR

2. Ron Paul is going to continue the movement and endorse a Bob Barr third party/independent run for President.

The details should be known to the rest of the world shortly, possibly through the Third Party Watch blog.

What do others think went down?

tbrambo
03-06-2008, 10:41 PM
He used to go to my church sometimes down here in Georgia. Nice to know he's starting to come over to the liberty side.

Hook
03-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Or
3. Barr asks Paul to come back home to the LP, and Paul tells Barr to shove off.

colecrowe
03-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Disclaimer: I have done a TON, financially and otherwise for RP, and I still am: On Saturday at 8AM I am attending our county convention (Douglas County, NV) with many family members and friends who are also delegates and alternates. And we plan on going to state and then being one of 34 and go to St. Paul. So I am not giving up on restoring the GOP. But like the founders, I think we need to get away from parties--that's more important. And I am a real supporter, because I would give thousands more and do tons more if he declared indy.

You still think something can happen at the convention? Here... The important part of this is: 1. 80% of delegates come from Primary states, 2. more than 80% of those delegates will be pledged, 3. those states are almost all winner-take-all, 4. McCain gets to research and approve (choose basically) all those delegates, 5. Ron Paul only got 5% average in all those primaries, and did not win any of them outright.

The most important part is: 86%-95% of the voters and delegates voted for a pro-war, non-Paul candidate. Even if we won half of Romney's people and half of Huckabee's people (extremely, ridiculously, stupidly unlikely) we would still only have like 30% of the delegates. And 80% of Republicans pro-war (thus very anti-Paul), so they would never vote for Ron Paul--even if McCain died, and Romney and Huckabee--it doesn't matter--they would choose many other people before they would ever choose Ron Paul.

http://lh6.google.com/croweswedding/R9DMGVsMNwI/AAAAAAAAB6s/ra6HT0lnrhI/s800/votes.PNG

Hook
03-06-2008, 11:21 PM
You still think something can happen at the convention? Here... The important part of this is: 1. 80% of delegates come from Primary states, 2. more than 80% of those delegates will be pledged, 3. those states are almost all winner-take-all, 4. McCain gets to research and approve (choose basically) all those delegates, 5. Ron Paul only got 5% average in all those primaries, and did not win any of them outright.

The most important part is: 86%-95% of the voters and delegates voted for a pro-war, non-Paul candidate. Even if we won half of Romney's people and half of Huckabee's people (extremely, ridiculously, stupidly unlikely) we would still only have like 30% of the delegates. And 80% of Republicans pro-war (thus very anti-Paul), so they would never vote for Ron Paul--even if McCain died, and Romney and Huckabee--it doesn't matter--they would choose many other people before they would ever choose Ron Paul.

http://lh6.google.com/croweswedding/R9DMGVsMNwI/AAAAAAAAB6s/ra6HT0lnrhI/s800/votes.PNG

No, just saying Paul isn't running indy.

constitutional
03-06-2008, 11:22 PM

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/OBCConan/Troll_Alert_1a.gif