PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee Sees Ron Paul as a threat

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 09:39 PM
On Colbert right now, Huckabee said that he sees Ron Paul as another 2nd tier threat. He sees RP as a threat to him. I see it as a trmendous compliment

Ron Paul Fan
08-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I saw that too and at least he's honest about Ron Paul being the biggest threat to him in the 2nd tier. Brownback, Tancredo, and Hunter aren't very big threats overall. It was a nice little compliment from Huckabee. I also liked how they showed Mitt Romney as a muppet.

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 09:49 PM
I saw that too and at least he's honest about Ron Paul being the biggest threat to him in the 2nd tier. Brownback, Tancredo, and Hunter aren't very big threats overall. It was a nice little compliment from Huckabee. I also liked how they showed Mitt Romney as a muppet.

LOL I laughed so hard when i saw that. Colbert almost lost it too

I'm glad Huckabee is the one 2nd tier guy making it besides us. He seems like at least a decent person unlike all the others

Hook
08-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah, he seems less war-mongering than some of the others.

JAHOGS
08-16-2007, 10:00 PM
He wants to bring the troops home. When he was still governor here, he was doing his little "testing the water" campaign. he went to Iraq and did a little live interview here on local news. He wants our troops to come home.

I have noticed that in none of the debates have they went after Huckabee about the war like they have Paul. It's because they know where he stands, and he stands just like Paul does.

Hook
08-16-2007, 10:05 PM
I fear that he would impose his standards via the FCC, etc. though. I don't know where he stands on the free market either.

quickmike
08-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah, he seems less war-mongering than some of the others.

Yeah, Ron Paul and Huckabee would be the only two I would vote for in the general election if they won. If it were Thompson, Romney, or Ghoulianni, I would probably just vote for Hillary purely as a protest vote, just to speed up the downward spiral our country is headed towards. That way it would be just that much sooner that we finally woke up enough people to do something about it. If its gonna get worse in this country, it might as well happen sooner than later.

Hey, maybe that should be Hillarys campaign slogan:D

AgentPaul001
08-16-2007, 10:09 PM

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 10:10 PM
There are a lot of things I dont like about Huckabee. Namely, I cannot respect any individual who does not believe in evolution. After all my studies, I really cannot get over that

Hook
08-16-2007, 10:12 PM
There are a lot of things I dont like about Huckabee. Namely, I cannot respect any individual who does not believe in evolution. After all my studies, I really cannot get over that

It doesn't matter as long as he doesn't force his beliefs on anyone else.

Hook
08-16-2007, 10:13 PM
George Washington didn't believe in evolution either, he turned out alright. :)

quickmike
08-16-2007, 10:14 PM

I couldnt care less how the president feels about evolution, as long as he doesnt make his personal beliefs part of his policy reguarding the constitution. If the president wants to believe that the universe was created by Santa Claus taking a dump in outer space, I wouldnt care, just as long as he didnt put that into any kind of policy. Thats the important thing.

Shatterhand
08-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Guys, what's all this talk about Huckabee? Have you never looked him up on Wiki?

Read the criticisms carefully.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huckabee

Ron Paul is my candidate. No one else. :D

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Huckabee has been criticized by a conservative group for his fiscal record as governor. He increased state spending 65.3 percent from 1996 to 2004. He also supported 5 tax increases, prompting the Club for Growth to accuse him of being a liberal in disguise.[11] The Cato Institute, a libertarian non-profit public policy research foundation,[12] gave him an F grade for spending and tax policy in 2006, and an overall grade of D for his governorship.[13] During his tenure, the number of state government workers in Arkansas increased over 20 percent, and the state’s general obligation debt shot up by almost $1 billion.

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Mike Huckabee has been criticized for supporting illegal immigration.[22] In his 2005 State of the State address, he complained that a Hispanic student was not able to get financial aid because he was an illegal alien. Huckabee said, "But when he applied for financial aid, he wasn’t eligible for the various scholarships or grants because of his status, a status that he had no decision in or control over". [23] [24] Huckabee opposed a 2005 bill sponsored by Arkansas State Senator Jim Holt which would deny state benefits to illegal immigrants. [25] Huckabee argued that illegal immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits

Huckabee supports the War in Iraq, the troop surge, the PATRIOT Act and the continued operation of the Guantanamo Bay detention camp.[1]

Hook
08-16-2007, 10:19 PM
If the president wants to believe that the universe was created by Santa Claus taking a dump in outer space, I wouldnt care, just as long as he didnt put that into any kind of policy. Thats the important thing.

LOL

Hook
08-16-2007, 10:21 PM
I guess I don't agree with his policy then. He still seems decent enough. I would never vote for him over RP or a Libertarian.

dmitchell
08-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Agreed, he creeps me out. Anyone else notice the resemblance to 24 villain Charles Logan?

maiki
08-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Mike Huckabee has been criticized for supporting illegal immigration.[22] In his 2005 State of the State address, he complained that a Hispanic student was not able to get financial aid because he was an illegal alien. Huckabee said, "But when he applied for financial aid, he wasn’t eligible for the various scholarships or grants because of his status, a status that he had no decision in or control over". [23] [24] Huckabee opposed a 2005 bill sponsored by Arkansas State Senator Jim Holt which would deny state benefits to illegal immigrants. [25] Huckabee argued that illegal immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits.

Ugg, That makes me angry. Legal aliens pay taxes. Legal aliens pay thousands of dollars worth of forms for paperwork. Legal aliens suffer paycuts over visa issues. Legal aliens get no benefits whatsoever. They cannot get grants or scholarships. Illegal aliens don't pay taxes, social security, medicare, or file paperwork with the INS. Yet they go to public schools, get treated as American citizens, get expedited to get green cards, get medicare... Sorry, this frustrates me. I file form after form and pay money and get nothing in return. And all these illegal immigrants are being given all the benefits I'm trying to get by breaking all the rules? Fix the Department of Homeland security, so that people can immigrate properly. Don't just let rule-breakers get off scott free.

remaxjon
08-16-2007, 10:29 PM
youtube?

Also Huck doesn't believe in evolution hard to vote for someone that does not believe in science

paulitics
08-16-2007, 10:29 PM
This guy sounds like a CFR member too judging by his record? Is he?

Dustancostine
08-16-2007, 10:31 PM
He is not currently CFR. Doesn't mean that can't change.

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 10:33 PM
science says global warming is true, and i dont believe in global warming, so am i against science no, i can see why he doesnt support evolution, probly trying to get the evangelical vote.

Global warming is happening. What is up for debate is the cause of it and whether we should allow government to interfere with the economy

1000-points-of-fright
08-16-2007, 10:35 PM

Evolution is a theory. It's a good theory and the best we have so far. Could we be wrong? Maybe partially, some of the finer points might need reworking.

My problem is not so much that he doesn't believe in evolution. It's that he is a Creationist and that just flies in the face of all scientific evidence and rational thought. If there's one thing I want in a government official, it's rational thought.

paulitics
08-16-2007, 10:37 PM
global warming is a theory with alot of holes in it. I thought it was proven until one day I picked up a basic weather book, and started finding the truth that AL Gore leaves out. Dr Grey, who is a genious when it comes to climate, thinks it is bunk.

What bothers me is the obvious agenda behind it, meanwhile they turn a blind eye to much more pressing problems like 60% of the bee population dying, which 90% of all life on this planet is dependent on.

quickmike
08-16-2007, 10:38 PM
youtube?

Also Huck doesn't believe in evolution hard to vote for someone that does not believe in science

I think religion is about 95% bullshit, and science about 75% bullshit. Both use theoretical "laws" to come out with results skewed in their favor to get the desired results of whatever goal they are trying to attain, but science just happends to have a little more truth on its side. Scientific things are disproven every day. One scientist will tell you that milk causes cancer because he is a vegan and hates the use of animal byproducts for anything, one scientist will tell you it doesnt because he owns a dairy farm. Same thing with global warming. I dont think either side knows for sure that they are right, but they sure like to use their degrees as proof of their stance.

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Global warming is happening. What is up for debate is the cause of it and whether we should allow government to interfere with the economy

30 years ago global cooling was happening and it was a "scientific fact" and we were going to have another ice age..

hmm.. I don't know anyone living in igloos, personally.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
08-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Huckabee is CFR, though . . .

cjhowe
08-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Evolution is a theory. It's a good theory and the best we have so far. Could we be wrong? Maybe partially, some of the finer points might need reworking.

My problem is not so much that he doesn't believe in evolution. It's that he is a Creationist and that just flies in the face of all scientific evidence and rational thought. If there's one thing I want in a government official, it's rational thought.

It irks me to no end how people mangle this argument. Evolution is NOT a theory. Evolution is a fact, a data point, a phenomenon. The theory is titled "The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection". The theory is not evolution, the theory is how it occurs.

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Scientific things are disproven every day. One scientist will tell you that milk causes cancer because he is a vegan and hates the use of animal byproducts for anything, one scientist will tell you it doesnt because he owns a dairy farm. Same thing with global warming. I dont think either side knows for sure that they are right, but they sure like to use their degrees as proof of their stance.

I'm not a regular listener to Rush, but there was nothing else on.. He did say something funny about them banning Trans Fats at the Indiana State Fair.. "In 20 years we'll find out that people are dying because trans fats are actually good for you in some way."

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 10:44 PM

There seems to be a common misunderstanding among creationists regarding the meaning of a "theory" within the context of science. A scientific theory is not some guess but rather a framework in which all observable reality falls. Gravity is a "theory" too, but I doubt anyone is going to be jumping off any cliffs. Furthermore, the theory is not concerning whether or not evolution is occurring but HOW evolution is occuring. You cannot deny that evolution is occuring if you have any basic understanding about the kingdoms and the advancement of species on this planet. I highly doubt you'll find many biology majors who would so carelessly throw evolution out the window

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 10:45 PM
I would rather believe God, and to find out there isnt a God, then to Not believe in God and find out there is one......
think about it :O

did you read that on one of those black billboards or something? :D j/k

Brandybuck
science says global warming is true
Science suggests that climate change is occuring. But the climate has been changing continuously for hundreds of millions of years.

quickmike
I would rather believe God, and to find out there isnt a God, then to Not believe in God and find out there is one......

Do you think if god existed he would punish you for being wrong? If a god would do that, I choose not to believe in it. Maybe 200 yrs of clipping gods toenails would be good punishment, but I dont think any just god would sentence you to eternal suffering just for being wrong.

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Do you think if god existed he would punish you for being wrong? If a god would do that, I choose not to believe in it. Maybe 200 yrs of clipping gods toenails would be good punishment, but I dont think any just god would sentence you to eternal suffering just for being wrong.

yeah i never really understood that.. like the South Park episode of do retarded people go to hell? anyone have an answer on that one yet?

cjhowe
08-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Ugg, That makes me angry. Legal aliens pay taxes. Legal aliens pay thousands of dollars worth of forms for paperwork. Legal aliens suffer paycuts over visa issues. Legal aliens get no benefits whatsoever. They cannot get grants or scholarships. Illegal aliens don't pay taxes, social security, medicare, or file paperwork with the INS. Yet they go to public schools, get treated as American citizens, get expedited to get green cards, get medicare... Sorry, this frustrates me. I file form after form and pay money and get nothing in return. And all these illegal immigrants are being given all the benefits I'm trying to get by breaking all the rules? Fix the Department of Homeland security, so that people can immigrate properly. Don't just let rule-breakers get off scott free.

Maybe you should stop sending in forms to government agencies that were dissolved over 4 years ago (INS).
Oh, and BTW, Illegals pay taxes, and any illegals that work for companies that pay corporate income tax will pay SS and MCARE taxes as well (otherwise the corporations can't write off the labor expense). Oh and they are not eligible for Medicare since that's a federal program that isn't emergency health care. So, don't be so frustrated.

quickmike
08-16-2007, 10:50 PM
dont take words out of context :X i dont believe in global warming, but im saying most scientists do.

Sure global warming is happening. Its a measureable fact. The question is what is causing it? Thats debatable to me.

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 10:58 PM
look at mt st helens, when that erupted you know how much co2 came out of it? alot, so im guessing its pretty natural, so if we go into the ice age, its just nature doing its course.

agreed.. i haven't seen any evidence to convince me this isn't just a temporary natural trend. our average temperatures have fluctuated all throughout time..

akalucas
08-16-2007, 10:59 PM
I have my masters in biology and I do genetic research at Loma Linda University. My belief in science doesnt correlate with belief in macro evolution. Macro evolution and creationism are both theories and both have not been proven. There's nothing close to concrete evidence for macro evolution. There might be interesting facts that might suggest macro evolution but the same can be said about creationism. Real scientist keep an open mind to things that have not been proven through the scientific method. Unfortunately politics plays a part in the scientific community, just like government politics. The people that have beliefs in evolution hold the top positions in the scientific community, decide who gets funded and frown upon any research that deals with creationism. Many researches here say they believe in evolution and do research that furthers that cause because that pretty much guarantees them funds for their projects. Kind of like republicans in washingtion might be on board with the war just to secure their seat. As of right now Huckabees beliefs in creationism should not disqualify him from being a man that believes in sciences. Now, if he believes the earth is square and that the sun revolves around the earth than thats a whole other matter.

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 11:02 PM
the earth isnt square? omg....

LIES!!!

Mr. White
08-16-2007, 11:04 PM
what the... I keep finding threads on ron paul hijacked by the global warming discussion.

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 11:07 PM
what the... I keep finding threads on ron paul hijacked by the global warming discussion.

join in.. all the cool kids are doing it..

paulitics
08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I have my masters in biology and I do genetic research at Loma Linda University. My belief in science doesnt correlate with belief in macro evolution. Macro evolution and creationism are both theories and both have not been proven. There's nothing close to concrete evidence for macro evolution. There might be interesting facts that might suggest macro evolution but the same can be said about creationism. Real scientist keep an open mind to things that have not been proven through the scientific method. Unfortunately politics plays a part in the scientific community, just like government politics. The people that have beliefs in evolution hold the top positions in the scientific community, decide who gets funded and frown upon any research that deals with creationism. Many researches here say they believe in evolution and do research that furthers that cause because that pretty much guarantees them funds for their projects. Kind of like republicans in washingtion might be on board with the war just to secure their seat. As of right now Huckabees beliefs in creationism should not disqualify him from being a man that believes in sciences. Now, if he believes the earth is square and that the sun revolves around the earth than thats a whole other matter.

What is the difference btwn macro evolution and evolution?

angelatc
08-16-2007, 11:15 PM
After serving as governor for more than ten years, Gov. Huckabee left the state with almost $1 billion in surplus

That's a bigger sin than raising spending. They're not even bothering to spend the money - just stashing it in the king's coffers?

shadowhooch
08-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Huckabee is a real threat. And it shows because he has "fooled" many of you.

I've watched all the debates and speeches by him. One thing is clear -- he is very vague and offers no concrete solutions. Even the ABC column today backs this up. He tells great stories no doubt. But he is hard to pin down on any direct answer.

Take his speech in Ames about the his visit to Germany regarding the Holocaust. His daughter asked him "why didn't someone do something." Huckabee said she "got it". You have to read between the lines with this guy. Very sneaky and very well spoken and very vague -- and it is serving him well.

On a personal level, I really do like Huckabee. I really like Duncan Hunter too. But their policies don't have as much in common with Ron Paul as some might believe.;)

honkywill
08-16-2007, 11:18 PM
agreed.. i haven't seen any evidence to convince me this isn't just a temporary natural trend. our average temperatures have fluctuated all throughout time..

http://www.sightline.org/images/blog/co2growth425kbcepresent.jpg?

There are obvious fluctuations in this chart. Then there is the unmistakable anomoly which is right now.

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 11:28 PM

There are obvious fluctuations in this chart. Then there is the unmistakable anomoly which is right now.

nice graph.

what's before -450,000 years?

the earth is 4,500,000,000 years old.

LibertyEagle
08-16-2007, 11:34 PM
On Colbert right now, Huckabee said that he sees Ron Paul as another 2nd tier threat. He sees RP as a threat to him. I see it as a trmendous compliment

Hey oughta. It's Ron Paul he's been trying to emulate lately.

Dartan
08-16-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm still quite unconvinced that Global Warming is happening.

Where do they get their info? (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/BillSteigerwald/2007/08/16/watts_rattles_global_warming_theologians)

cjhowe
08-16-2007, 11:37 PM

Microevolution is the change of frequency of genes in a population. Macroevolution is speciation, or when the gene pools no longer mix. It's a strange argument that will always exist because of how fluid the definition of a species is.

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 11:38 PM
it's on right now

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 11:41 PM
it's on right now

whats on

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 11:42 PM
whats on

The original point of this thread, heh. Stephen Colbert. It will re-air tomorow somewhere around 7-8sh. Forget when he re-airs. Huckabee is on at the start of the show

cjhowe
08-16-2007, 11:42 PM

That's a funny graph. It's missing two important things.
1) Detail. Each data point prior to recent times, is roughly 5000 years.
2) Relationship to O2. CO2 and O2 are part of a cycle. This may simply be a representation of fluctuations in biomass.

Edit: I'm sure others can find more things wrong with it.

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 11:44 PM
The original point of this thread, heh. Stephen Colbert. It will re-air tomorow somewhere around 7-8sh. Forget when he re-airs. Huckabee is on at the start of the show

oh lol i thought you were mad at us global warming doubters and were going to start inundating us with proof "the polar ice caps are melting" or something.. :D

honkywill
08-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Sorry, my Wayback Machine is broken.

maiki
08-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Maybe you should stop sending in forms to government agencies that were dissolved over 4 years ago (INS).

I've been sending forms since before then, so yes, it was still called the INS back then. I am way to familiar that they are called USCIS now, unfortunately. :(

angelatc
08-17-2007, 02:12 AM
I didn't realize he was the Governor who started this program! I remember hearing about it on the radio and getting my hackles all up. (As usual...)

Mr. Huckabee’s national profile, not everyone here appreciates a governor whose policies include weighing schoolchildren and sending home report cards on their body mass index.

austin356
08-17-2007, 02:51 AM
this discussion sucks.

Pistis
08-17-2007, 03:41 AM

Macro-evolution is the General theory of evolution. This is different from micro-evolution which is the Special theory of evolution. Both postulated by Darwin.

No one disputes micro-evolution which is small changes/variations in an organism usually in response to changes in their environment -- this is observable and proven -- as Darwin himself did on the Galapagos islands.

The dispute is with macro-evolution for which Darwin basically theorized that micro-evolution can be multiplied millions & billions of times to account for evolution from one organism to a completely different organism.
This is not observable (because in theory it happens over millions & billions of years) and unproven because the fossil record that should be in overwhelming abundance recording these macro-changes from one organism to the other just doesn't exist. The scanty fossils that exist have all been adequately explained not to be an indication of macro-evolution. This is a major problem that even secular scientists in the field of evolution agonise about.

Myself, i'd say you need faith of biblical proportions to believe in macro-evolution :D

beermotor
08-17-2007, 04:20 AM
It doesn't matter as long as he doesn't force his beliefs on anyone else.

That's the problem with him. Haven't seen any indication that he's good for that - Paul, you know he won't, but the Huckster ... it's an unknown.

Why vote for an unknown? Write in Paul.

Freedom
08-17-2007, 06:23 AM
I'm glad Huckabee is the one 2nd tier guy making it besides us. He seems like at least a decent person unlike all the others

As they say, looks can be deceiving. I met a political consultant who had worked for several of the current candidates. I was told that Huckabee was the biggest phony of all of them. Apperently, he is very polished and charming to the TV but a real devil behind the scenes.

In the opinion of the political consultant, who were the most decent? Ron Paul of course, Tancredo and Brownback.

itsnobody
08-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Watch the video of the Colbert Interview with Mike Huckabee
http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/player.jhtml?ml_video=91746&ml_collection=&ml_gateway=&ml_gateway_id=&ml_comedian=&ml_runtime=&ml_context=show&ml_origin_url=/shows/the_colbert_report/videos/celebrity_interviews/index.jhtml&ml_playlist=&lnk=&is_large=true

Huckabee says Ron Paul @2:03...but he doesn't really say he's a threat or anything like that...

bc2208
08-17-2007, 07:25 AM

http://www.dovidgottlieb.com/Rabbi_Gottlieb_Tapes.html

Listen to the lecture on Evolution. It doesn't do much to prove creationism, but it points out a healthy number of flaws in evolution science. I thought the same at one point - but not so much anymore.

Didn't RP raise his hand at the debate when they asked who doesn't believe in evolution?

Either way, it's not a central issue.

The guy who said "I'm gonna vote for Hillary to speed up the process" - hysterical.

im_a_pepper
08-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Sen. Sam Brownback, Gov. Mike Huckabee and Rep. Tom Tancredo all stated they do not believe in evolution,
NOT Ron Paul. Being a doctor I'm sure he has probably accepted the parallel views. Denying that shows an obstinate view of the world and in my opinion is a warning how to close-minded as a president they could be. Even the Pope has stated there is room for both, and evolution should not be dismissed.

I thought last night Colbert kind of made Huckabee look foolish (too easily actually) and Huckabee didn't do a very good job with Colbert to the point of looking uncomfortable and confrontational.

1000-points-of-fright
08-17-2007, 07:42 AM
It doesn't do much to prove creationism, but it points out a healthy number of flaws in evolution science.

I don't care if evolution has flaws or "missing links". The fact is that Creationism (or at least young earth creationism which is most common among the rabid evangelicals trying to take over the country) puts the earth at some ridiculously young age like less than 10,000 yrs old and reshaped by the great flood.

I can accept the other versions of Creationism like Progressive and Theistic. At least they accept the geological record and some evolution.

cjhowe
08-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Macro-evolution is the General theory of evolution. This is different from micro-evolution which is the Special theory of evolution. Both postulated by Darwin.

No one disputes micro-evolution which is small changes/variations in an organism usually in response to changes in their environment -- this is observable and proven -- as Darwin himself did on the Galapagos islands.

The dispute is with macro-evolution for which Darwin basically theorized that micro-evolution can be multiplied millions & billions of times to account for evolution from one organism to a completely different organism.
This is not observable (because in theory it happens over millions & billions of years) and unproven because the fossil record that should be in overwhelming abundance recording these macro-changes from one organism to the other just doesn't exist. The scanty fossils that exist have all been adequately explained not to be an indication of macro-evolution. This is a major problem that even secular scientists in the field of evolution agonise about.

Myself, i'd say you need faith of biblical proportions to believe in macro-evolution :D

You've gotta love the thumpers ignoring evidence once again. At least they're up front about their bias. Macroevolution is speciation. There are four modes of speciation: allopatric, peripatric, parapatric, and sympatric. The contributors to the wikipedia article on speciation did a pretty good job. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation feel free to inform yourself there.

Captain Shays
08-17-2007, 07:55 AM
LOL I laughed so hard when i saw that. Colbert almost lost it too

I tend to agree with the deadhead. Not because I'm a deadhead too, but because Huck is a decent guy. What I don't like about him is him attempting to steal Ron Paul's thunder and I don't think its be accident. Michael Medved had been pushing Huckabee hard on his show and continues to berate Paul.
My take is that the RNC is trying to get one of the other second tier guys to knock out RP to diminish the threat he poses to their agenda. Yeah, call me a conspiracy nut but I think its just strategy on their part.
Think about this. There is no way the Rep war monger/Israel protectorate USA taking the place of God crowd is going to support RP even if he wins the primaries.
It would be so much of a reversal, so much of an awakening their heads would explode from the input of truth, and honesty. They would have to admit so many wrongs. So many ill concieved tactics. So many lies it would completely demolish all they worked for in the past 25 yers.
Their whole Reaganesque "peace through strength" code for 140 forward deployments, intervening in the affairs of other countries, overthrowing governments and bombing the crap out of central bank detracters would be revealed as not only unconstitutional, but detrimental to our national security.
We were sold out by Republicans with SALT I's establishment of Mutual Assured Destruction by precluding us from installing extensive cival defense shelters and a missile defense system that would enable the majority of US citizens to actually survive a nuclear exchange like what Switzerland has been doing for the past 30 yrs. (Our founding fathers designed our style of defense and foreign policy with the Swiss as a model and considered Switzerland our "sister nation").

When something political, or geopolitical or a policy doesn't make any sense (look up mom's dress for bombs to protect us from terrorism but leave our borders wide open), look through the lens of the New World Order and it all comes into clear focus.
The Military industrial complex has too much to lose to allow RP an win in the elections. If by some chance or by the hand of God Himself RP, you and me succeed then "they" will try to off him. That's when I would be willing to take the bullet for RP.

Huckabee's rise is no accident in my humble opinion. He's a nice guy, but his policies have been altered. In the first three debates, he didn't even mention the Constitution. He also seemed more like a war hawk in those other debates. In the past debate, where he rose to a higher prominance, he did mention the Constitution and also said that we shouldn't be policing the world taking the RP position and it worked well and threw RP off his game a little.

"If we were merely dealing with the law of averages, half of the events affecting our nation's well-being should be good for America. If we were dealing with mere incompetence, our leaders should occasionally make a mistake in our favor. We . . . are not dealing with coincidence or stupidity, but with planning and brilliance."
--Gary Allen, from his book None Dare Call It Conspiracy

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." --Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
-- Leading Nazi leader, Hermann Goering, at the Nuremberg Trials before he was sentenced to death

Who knows though? Maybe Huckabee is starting to run for RP's VP running mate.

cottonmouth
08-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Agreed, he creeps me out. Anyone else notice the resemblance to 24 villain Charles Logan?

When he smiles he looks just like Gomer Pyle. Sounds like him too.

cottonmouth
08-17-2007, 07:57 AM
http://www.dovidgottlieb.com/Rabbi_Gottlieb_Tapes.html

Didn't RP raise his hand at the debate when they asked who doesn't believe in evolution?

NO, NO, NO. Huckabee, Brownback, Tancredo.

Dary
08-17-2007, 08:31 AM
If Hucky were such a decent guy, he would respect state's rights and support the idea of ending raids on the sick and dying.

But he won’t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtprTFgcdAI

Next!

Pistis
08-17-2007, 08:36 AM
You've gotta love the thumpers ignoring evidence once again. At least they're up front about their bias. Macroevolution is speciation. There are four modes of speciation: allopatric, peripatric, parapatric, and sympatric. The contributors to the wikipedia article on speciation did a pretty good job. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation feel free to inform yourself there.

No, Macro-evolution is NOT speciation. I'd love to know where you got this information because the link you cite does not claim this.

Speciation is observable and proven -- in fact, it can happen rapidly in some species (within years), especially in the allopatric kind (this doesn't help Macro-evolution btw).
Speciation does not produce NEW genetic information (and so is non-evolutionary by definition), however, Macro-evolution necessarily must.

I'll be happy for you to show me where speciation produces new genetic information in the biosphere. You'll probably be the first to find such an example and i'll hand you that Nobel prize myself :D

Captain Shays
08-17-2007, 09:10 AM
well! that video did it for me as far as huckabee is concerned. he was a preacher right? i personally would like to ask him if he believes God is all knowing, sovereign and all wise. if he answeres yes, then i will ask him who made marijuana? if he acknowledges that God made it, then he must acknowledge that He knew before hand that some would use it one way and others another way but the fact is, if God is sovereign, all knowing and all wise and He knew how people would use it, and He made our bodies to be affected by the properties in marijuana, and MADE IT LIKE THAT ANYWAY.
in genesis it says that God made all the plants for our food and it was good. He said there was only one plant that we could not touch--the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. does Huckabee believe that marijuana is that tree? if yes, then magic mushrooms are not and fall under "it is good".

In Romans 14 it says that its not what goes into our bodies that defile it but what comes out. that we can even eat meat that is sacrificed to idols. that "happy is he who condemns not himself in what he aproves".

raid that house Huckebee! Off those pot smoking cancer patients for breaking the laws of men while violating none of God's laws.

I'm done with Huck. I will now work to reveal him as the hypocrite that he is. Every time he mentions the Constitution as if he reveres it I will remember this.

ButchHowdy
08-17-2007, 09:33 AM
How does one get over the Elmer Fudd thing?!?

Tuck
08-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Huckabee isn't my ideal president but I still think he would be better than any of the democrats. I'll give him credit for making the fair tax idea more mainstream, one of my biggest reasons for supporting RP is for the elimination of the irs/income tax.

johnrocks
08-17-2007, 09:56 AM
I used to respect Huckabee until last week when I saw him on a cable news network and when asked about the democrats cut and run strategy he replied something to the effect that "we have one on our side that blames America too" type reply. I wanted to jump through that t.v. and wring his neck!

ARealConservative
08-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Huckabee isn't my ideal president but I still think he would be better than any of the democrats. I'll give him credit for making the fair tax idea more mainstream, one of my biggest reasons for supporting RP is for the elimination of the irs/income tax.

Huck will give us the fair tax on top of the current tax code.

I have never heard for him to repeal the 16th amendment.

ThePieSwindler
08-17-2007, 10:08 AM
lol@arguing religion vs science on the interbuttz. Flame wars always result.

Evolution happens, that doesn't mean God doesn't exist. I mean, had God just created a system where everything was already fully formed, life would probably have already become extinct. The benefit of evolution is it allows life to survive through favorable genes. If you're a believer, this actual mechanism is simply a neutral, naturally occuring phenomenon. The 6 days in the bible use a greek word that is vague in meaning - it could be either 6 real earth days or countless millions of years. This would work well with rapid evolutionary processes such as the extinctions and randomly appearing new species in the fossil record. I'm not saying this is all true, but it still allows for God to exist and many churches and theologians have reconciled the two. The problem is evolution is usually attached to a fully naturalistic view of the universe, which is normal in science because they are only concerned with the material universe - however, many phenomena occur that science really cannot explain so it projects and answer that is always naturalistic in origin, when it is easily demonstratable that some things lay completely out of the realm of science, whose duty is to discover and observe natual phenomena, yes, but not presume that every occurance is naturalistic in origin, because many things are generally not falsifiable nor logical(meaning able to be deduced by human logic, not that they are stupid), so they fail the scientic method.

Also, where has Ron actually said he believes in evolution, and has reconciled the two? Are we just assuming this because he probably took alot of biology at Gettysburg and is a rational man overall?

shadowhooch
08-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Huck will give us the fair tax on top of the current tax code.

I have never heard for him to repeal the 16th amendment.

No, he has publicly said (today on NPR) that he wants to do away with the IRS and replace it with the Fair Tax. At least that is his story as of today.

Dary
08-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Well! that video did it for me as far as huckabee is concerned.

Me too.

Huckabee makes it seem like it would be some big deal to stop the raids. It wouldn't be a priority as if it would require some huge amount of effort on his part.

All he would have to do is say "Stop the raids", and be done with it.

God forbid that one of his family members should ever fall victim and because of his non-action, condemn them to a jail cell for their remaining days.

For a man professed to be such a devout Christian, where is the compassion?

He shows no respect for state's rights, and no respect for Republicanism or Conservativism.

This isn't about legalizing marijuana.

It's about the respect for the rule of law, and compassion towards your fellow human being.

Pistis
08-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Ok, I'm gonna end my discussion on the macro-evolution thing -- the thread is going into a rapid death-spin as it is.

But I'll say this:

As an engineer with occasional dabbling in science, I'm pretty comfortable with following the evidence where it leads and I try to invest myself only in ideas that can be rationally and reasonably defended. Which is why I'm on the Ron Paul bandwagon 'cos he checks out 100% :D

In my worldview, I am open to either a naturalistic/evolutionary explanation or a supernatural explanation for the origin of man.
But if you start out with the notion that any particular explanation cannot be valid even if the available evidence leads in that direction then that's not scientific because you have arbitrarily rejected a possibility and you must subsequently come up with a solution that leaves out that possibility. Used to be called quackery -- not anymore, which is probably why the completely unscientific theory of man-made global warming has become such a money spinner (and don't even start me on this one :( ).

Very simply, for macro-evolution to be factual, you've gotta be able to prove a couple of things:

1) abiogenesis, that life can come from non-life
2) macro-evolution itself, that you can have a change in that life from a simple form to more complex forms over time.

Nobody knows definitively how the first could have taken place and while there's a theory postulated for the second, it hasn't been proven that it actually took place. If any evolutionary scientist (secular or not) says that an evidential evolutionary explanation beyond reasonable doubt has been provided on which the majority of his group agrees, then he's being dishonest.

And the funny thing is that as knowledge increases and more scientific discoveries are made, macro-evolutionary theory becomes more and more untenable.

I wouldn't want to invest myself in a worldview that you can really only believe when you go against the evidence. That's called blind faith and I gather only folks who believe in things like tooth fairies & santa swing that way :D

But beyond all of this, the great thing about Ron Paul is that his message brings people together. And that's beautiful! :)

cjhowe
08-17-2007, 10:47 AM
No, Macro-evolution is NOT speciation. I'd love to know where you got this information because the link you cite does not claim this.

Speciation is observable and proven -- in fact, it can happen rapidly in some species (within years), especially in the allopatric kind (this doesn't help Macro-evolution btw).
Speciation does not produce NEW genetic information (and so is non-evolutionary by definition), however, Macro-evolution necessarily must.

I'll be happy for you to show me where speciation produces new genetic information in the biosphere. You'll probably be the first to find such an example and i'll hand you that Nobel prize myself :D

Macroevolution is evolution at or above the species level. Speciation is evolution at the species level. Speciation is very specific to the ability of two gene pools to mix genetic information. New genetic information is microevolution. For your understanding to occur, you would first have to have new genetic information introduced into a species and then that genetic information be the basis for discrimination in the mixing of genetic information. This is an unlikely from a logistics point of view (if it's a discriminatory factor, no one would mate with the new genetic information individual), which is why you have such contention for evolution.

The more likely logistical manner is (and thus the theory of natural selection), first speciation then new genetic information that allows those with the genetic information to have greater fitness in that smaller gene pool, thus becoming the representative characteristic of that species. While the speciation provides for a branching, the branching is not necessary for new genetic information to enter and flourish in a gene pool.

Pistis
08-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Macroevolution is evolution at or above the species level. Speciation is evolution at the species level. Speciation is very specific to the ability of two gene pools to mix genetic information. New genetic information is microevolution. For your understanding to occur, you would first have to have new genetic information introduced into a species and then that genetic information be the basis for discrimination in the mixing of genetic information. This is an unlikely from a logistics point of view (if it's a discriminatory factor, no one would mate with the new genetic information individual), which is why you have such contention for evolution.

The more likely logistical manner is (and thus the theory of natural selection), first speciation then new genetic information that allows those with the genetic information to have greater fitness in that smaller gene pool, thus becoming the representative characteristic of that species. While the speciation provides for a branching, the branching is not necessary for new genetic information to enter and flourish in a gene pool.

Thanks, this proves my point. I just tried putting it across stripping away the sciento-babble b'cos unless you've studied evolutionary biology, that was, in a well-meaning way, one big whoosh :)

Jeremie in Minnesota
08-17-2007, 12:07 PM
He wants to bring the troops home. When he was still governor here, he was doing his little "testing the water" campaign. he went to Iraq and did a little live interview here on local news. He wants our troops to come home.

I have noticed that in none of the debates have they went after Huckabee about the war like they have Paul. It's because they know where he stands, and he stands just like Paul does.

I don't think so, just go to his website - he believes Iraq is a battleground regarding the war on terror.

cjhowe
08-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks, this proves my point. I just tried putting it across stripping away the sciento-babble b'cos unless you've studied evolutionary biology, that was, in a well-meaning way, one big whoosh :)

I'm not sure how this proves your point one iota. All it does is show that your understanding of theory of natural selection isn't the explanation that science puts forth.

peruvianRP
08-17-2007, 01:18 PM

True, you are covering your ass this way...ahh and also when you die he can forgive your sins... he is obliged to do it anyways.

:)

Swmorgan77
08-17-2007, 01:40 PM

LOL I never noticed that, but yeah!

Logan came around in the end...

cjhowe
08-17-2007, 01:45 PM
True, you are covering your ass this way...ahh and also when you die he can forgive your sins... he is obliged to do it anyways.

:)

Unfortunately you're only CYA with the proverbial fig leaf.

Captain Shays
08-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Me too.

Huckabee makes it seem like it would be some big deal to stop the raids. It wouldn't be a priority as if it would require some huge amount of effort on his part.

All he would have to do is say "Stop the raids", and be done with it.

God forbid that one of his family members should ever fall victim and because of his non-action, condemn them to a jail cell for their remaining days.

For a man professed to be such a devout Christian, where is the compassion?

He shows no respect for state's rights, and no respect for Republicanism or Conservativism.

This isn't about legalizing marijuana.

It's about the respect for the rule of law, and compassion towards your fellow human being.

Great points! The question wasn't about legalization of marijuana. At one point he told the interviewer that if he wanted to change the marijuana laws then try that. Well the laws have been changed and the questioner pointed out that the federal govt was violating states rights. Major authoritarian issue with me. Huckabee is an authoritarian of the worst kind.