PDA

View Full Version : To those in states that have yet to vote...

bulloncoins
03-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Don't let anything bring you down. Don't listen to all the "its over" BS.

When I woke up on the day of our Primary, I only had 2 names to nominate at the precinct convention. My precinct had 22 delegate slot open to be filled.

I had called, gone door-to-door, handed out slim jim at previous elections in my precinct, put up signs, painted my car, talked to neighbors, for a year. And I still only had 2 names. My sister and myself.

During the day of the election, I started getting phone calls. Then emails.....
by the time the precinct convention was fixing to start, my list had grown to 5.
Literally 1 minute before the convention started, I picked up 2 more. During the convention itself, I found out that two people I had been trying to reach for weeks were infact sitting in the room, even though they had not returned my messages or had contact with me before the convention.

When it was done I had all nine Ron Paul supporters elected as delegates, out of 22.

I was so down when I woke up that morning. Feeling like all the work had had no impact on my precinct at all. 1 whole year of work for nothing. At the end of the night, I felt like I had just joined the revolution all over again.

Don't give up. Don't EVER give up until the last vote is counted.

Your hard work has and will pay off. Keep the faith.

Travis

Kotin
03-06-2008, 09:40 PM
bump

NEPA_Revolution
03-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Its not over until we say it is!

tpreitzel
03-06-2008, 09:44 PM
No committed supporter will be derailed on the track to Minneapolis by a misinterpreted e-mail or a misinterpreted video. ;) Much work remains to be done in both the presidential and congressional races.