PDA

View Full Version : We need a true March debate and poll

AJ Antimony
03-06-2008, 09:16 PM
When Congressman Paul first mentioned the March in DC I was excited. I thought it was a great idea. Then Devvy Kid wrote her thoughts (http://www.rense.com/general81/prr.htm) on the March.

I was ashamed by my lack of thinking.

She makes some very good points about a March in DC. It would be pricey for people to attend, it will naturally get little media hype, and as she points out with first hand experience, unless a REAL large amount attend (attendance is the most uncertain element) it will be ignored in DC as just another hippie protest.

This does not mean I don't support a huge gathering/demonstration, I'm just skeptical on doing so in DC. It also does sound much more logical to March at the GOP Convention where it's true the media WILL be there without question.

Nonetheless I want to hear the rationale as to why a March in DC on June 21st would be the more efficient use of our resources. So before we all organize around June 21st because Dr. Paul suggested it, let's think this through and have a rational debate as to where we can more efficiently spread the message.