PDA

View Full Version : Why ABC thought he was dropping out

Jeremy
03-06-2008, 08:23 PM
I watched the video for a 2nd time and realized it was definitely the opposite... he's not dropping out and said he'd even visit states and such.

I'm guessing the guy at ABC saw a quick part of the vid, or maybe heard about it (and didnt even see it) and assumed he was dropping out since McCain pretty much has the nomination (because what else is there to do for Republicans, right?) However... I doubt that guy fully understands the campaign like we do. A couple of days ago the campaign said they'd be helping with the spread of the revolution in precincts and other candidates for congress and such. And one guy from PA said they just got a huge thing of signs and other material... so he's definetly not dropping out. ;) Let me just make this as clear as possible because there was a lot of confusion for about half an hour or so.

Watch the deleted video here: http://tubemall.net/undeletube.php?v=nuxFfuqvqiM

I'm guessing they'll put up a similar video tomorrow... maybe they wanted to be more clear about continuing after they saw the ABC article.

bulloncoins
03-06-2008, 08:27 PM
It was prue wishful thinking on their part. If Ron Paul had said he was dropping out, it would be on the news NOW.....not some stupid internet news blog.

They are pushing hard just hoping their wish will come true. It won't.

Mordan
03-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I watched the video for a 2nd time and realized it was definitely the opposite... he's not dropping out and said he'd even visit states and such.

I'm guessing the guy at ABC saw a quick part of the vid, or maybe heard about it (and didnt even see it) and assumed he was dropping out since McCain pretty much has the nomination (because what else is there to do for Republicans, right?) However... I doubt that guy fully understands the campaign like we do. A couple of days ago the campaign said they'd be helping with the spread of the revolution in precincts and other candidates for congress and such. And one guy from PA said they just got a huge thing of signs and other material... so he's definetly not dropping out. ;) Let me just make this as clear as possible because there was a lot of confusion for about half an hour or so.

Watch the deleted video here: http://tubemall.net/undeletube.php?v=nuxFfuqvqiM

I'm guessing they'll put up a similar video tomorrow... maybe they wanted to be more clear about continuing after they saw the ABC article.

any lawyer here? sue sue ABC good damnit and make them remove the post AND APOLOGIZE PUBLICLY. I'm no lawyer.. Where r the lawyers?

torchbearer
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
ABC lied. I find it hard to believe someone who makes it through college is that dense.
It said nothing about ending his campaign.

torchbearer
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
any lawyer here? sue sue ABC good damnit and make them remove the post AND APOLOGIZE PUBLICLY. I'm no lawyer.. Where r the lawyers?

You could sue them for purposefully manipulating a U.S. presidential election.
That would be a serious charge and should garner media attention from competitors.

Jeremy
03-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't think that guy lied exactly... he just made a mistake. Unfortunately old media is slow and stupid and they probably won't even delete the article, lol.

I'm sure once that guy assumed what he thought, he wanted to be the first one to report it. Before someone drops out you always here someone go "so and so is about to drop out". This guy thought he'd do that... but he messed up.

Hook
03-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Always take blogs with a grain of salt.

torchbearer
03-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I don't think that guy lied exactly... he just made a mistake. Unfortunately old media is slow and stupid and they probably won't even delete the article, lol.

I'm sure once that guy assumed what he thought, he wanted to be the first one to report it. Before someone drops out you always here someone go "so and so is about to drop out". This guy thought he'd do that... but he messed up.

Have you read this guy's other articles?
When Hunter dropped out, he wrote an article that excluded Ron Paul called, "and then there were 5", knowing full well Ron was still in the race.

This is what we are up against. I do not suffer from dementia. This is real and purposeful.
Do you know how many people have written off Ron Paul for good reading this lie?
Imagine such a thing had been printed about JFK or Abe Lincoln?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-06-2008, 08:41 PM

what's wrong with you?? this wasn't an "oops, my bad"

smartguy911
03-06-2008, 08:43 PM
please bury this - http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Drops_Out_Of_2008_Presidential_Race

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2008, 08:43 PM
once again...

http://abcnewsradio.com/contact.html

NEW YORK NEWSROOM:
(212) 456-5100
newsradio@abc.com

Newsroom Fax Machine

Cristi Landes
Manager, Programming
cristi.d.landes@abc.com

Wayne Fisk
Director, Programming
wayne.fisk@abc.com

Jeff Fitzgerald
Executive Director, Operations
jeffrey.t.fitzgerald@abc.com

Heidi Oringer
Executive Director, Entertainment
heidi.b.oringer@abc.com

Jon Newman
News Coverage
jonathan.m.newman

Joyce Alcantara
Assignment Manager
joyce.a.alcantara@abc.com

Jim Kane
Deputy D.C. Bureau Chief
202.222. 6604
james.f.kane@abc.com

Andrew Kalb
Executive Director, Programming
andrew.l.kalb@abc.com

Robert Garcia
Executive Director, News & Sports
robert.garcia@abc.com

Peter Salinger (THE MAN IN CHARGE OF ELECTION COVERAGE)
Director, Special Events & Sports
peter.salinger@abc.com

Steve Jones
Vice President ABC NEWS RADIO
212-456-5101
steve.jones@abc.com

Jeremy
03-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Yes, I know. I don't think he lied (that would imply he knew he was wrong)... that doesn't mean I think what he did was OK.

Mordan
03-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Always take blogs with a grain of salt.

sorry but blog posts on major news outlets such as times, the post and abc quickly becomes NEWS

I'm all for a law framework which would allow people to sue and get reparation.
People should be free to write shit... but when this shit undermines society, it is our responsibility to sue THEM out of existence!!!!!!!!!!!!

torchbearer
03-06-2008, 08:52 PM
sorry but blog posts on major news outlets such as times, the post and abc quickly becomes NEWS

I'm all for a law framework which would allow people to sue and get reparation.
People should be free to write shit... but when this shit undermines society, it is our responsibility to sue THEM out of existence!!!!!!!!!!!!

with freedom comes responsibility.
you are free to say whatever you want, but if what you write causes damages, you are responsible for them.

Banana
03-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Maybe form a chipin to hire a lawyer to present the case?

RonPaulFever
03-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Maybe form a chipin to hire a lawyer to present the case?

I think this is a great idea.

kill the banks
03-06-2008, 11:06 PM
with freedom comes responsibility.
you are free to say whatever you want, but if what you write causes damages, you are responsible for them.

i'm with you on this ~ these stories should be checked and confirmed esp by big media source

kill the banks

amonasro
03-06-2008, 11:15 PM
ABC lied. I find it hard to believe someone who makes it through college is that dense.
It said nothing about ending his campaign.

Agree.

ABC was one of the first news outlets to censor Paul, way back in May when he started making waves. They deleted hundreds of comments on a story right before my eyes.

tropicangela
03-06-2008, 11:25 PM
They did this without an official statement from the campaign, it was unverified, and it was FRONT PAGE web news... not just a buried blog.

Banana
03-06-2008, 11:29 PM
They did this without an official statement from the campaign, it was unverified, and it was FRONT PAGE web news... not just a buried blog.

All the more reason to sue their sorry ass off.

It's high time to bring some measure of accountability to media.

tropicangela
03-06-2008, 11:36 PM
The fact that they changed the headline and the article 3 times in one hour says enough... lying sacs...