PDA

View Full Version : Could people live in Anarchy around the world?

cageybee
03-06-2008, 07:56 PM
any ideas anybody?

New Governor Of Alaska
03-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Could people live in Anarchy around the world?
Well, it depends what the nations you are referring to. Some nations will sh*t themselves to extinction.

:)

nate895
03-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Some already do (meaning the government cannot enforce its laws) in Africa, and look where it got them.

Kludge
03-06-2008, 08:26 PM
True anarchy has never existed. There's speculation on some magical pirate utopia that may or may not have had anarchy though...

Tdcci
03-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Probably not at this point in time, because the "international community" (UN imperialists) won't allow for it.

forsmant
03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
It depends on your definition of anarchy.

Kludge
03-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Anarcho-Capitalism's where it's at ;)

Many of the other, more collectivist adjective-anarchists don't have principles and end up requiring government to enforce their ideas.

forsmant
03-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Anarchy in Latin is translated literally to mean without a ruler. A man can only control his own actions and not the actions of others. Man may wield influence over others but does not control them. We already live in anarchy by that definition.

Kludge
03-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Anarchy in Latin is translated literally to mean without a ruler. A man can only control his own actions and not the actions of others. Man may wield influence over others but does not control them. We already live in anarchy by that definition.

Control implies aggression and aggression implies control. Our gov't commits aggression on a regular basis. We have a VERY authoritarian gov't (well... not relative to other countries but...)

cageybee
03-06-2008, 08:58 PM

no, we are not in anarchy - we have a government and are paying taxes for our being.

Cowlesy
03-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Anything is better than filthy stinking Communism. An@rchy in theory would be probably be tough to overlay a world population.

Let's restore the Republic before anything else.

ItsTime
03-06-2008, 09:10 PM
but that would mean work. I would rather theorize thank you ;)

Anything is better than filthy stinking Communism. An@rchy in theory would be probably be tough to overlay a world population.

Let's restore the Republic before anything else.

Tdcci
03-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Anything is better than filthy stinking Communism.

What's wrong with Communism?

cageybee
03-06-2008, 09:21 PM
What's wrong with Communism?

nothing. those are brainwashed speaking.

Dr.3D
03-06-2008, 09:21 PM
There was once a country where there were only judges and no king.
I guess that would be called anarchy.

Kludge
03-06-2008, 09:24 PM
There was once a country where there were only judges and no king.
I guess that would be called anarchy.

Only if the courts were private =)

(Quik-edit: Private could mean "public" in the sense that it's staff is paid thru a fund citizens can opt out of, if that makes sense)

Cowlesy
03-06-2008, 09:26 PM
nothing. those are brainwashed speaking.

No -- just me tired of you spreading communist rhetoric all over this board constantly.

But by all means, carry on good fellow.

forsmant
03-06-2008, 09:36 PM
no, we are not in anarchy - we have a government and are paying taxes for our being.

Just because you are faced with a negative choice doesn't mean you are controlled. You still decide to pay taxes, obey laws, and allow yourself to be influenced by others. That does not give them control over your actions. If the government cannot control your actions, what control do they really have? None.

Anarchy is the natural state. All forms of government are based on your voluntary choice to concede to their demands. There are many people who don't pay taxes and many who ignore the laws and nothing happens to them. Enforcement of the law is mainly voluntary action on everyones part. You choose to stop at a stop sign because it is the law or you choose to run it based on the low risk of doing so.

Now, I assume you meant the theoretical definition of anarchy in which people don't have aggressive tendencies to control others actions. This goes against mans nature to want to control things. Inevitably someone will want to control another and will attempt to do so by persuading them with a negative choice.

These theories of Utopian society are all based on freeing man from the bonds of nature. Libertarian ideas are the closest to mans nature and the best way of achieving a free and prosperous society.

Tdcci
03-06-2008, 09:43 PM
There are many people who don't pay taxes and many who ignore the laws and nothing happens to them.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kludge
03-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Just because you are faced with a negative choice doesn't mean you are controlled. You still decide to pay taxes, obey laws, and allow yourself to be influenced by others. That does not give them control over your actions. If the government cannot control your actions, what control do they really have? None.

Anarchy is the natural state. All forms of government are based on your voluntary choice to concede to their demands. There are many people who don't pay taxes and many who ignore the laws and nothing happens to them. Enforcement of the law is mainly voluntary action on everyones part. You choose to stop at a stop sign because it is the law or you choose to run it based on the low risk of doing so.

Now, I assume you meant the theoretical definition of anarchy in which people don't have aggressive tendencies to control others actions. This goes against mans nature to want to control things. Inevitably someone will want to control another and will attempt to do so by persuading them with a negative choice.

These theories of Utopian society are all based on freeing man from the bonds of nature. Libertarian ideas are the closest to mans nature and the best way of achieving a free and prosperous society.

You don't have control over whether or not you pay taxes, the government does. Interestingly, I have no urge to control you through aggression, I'm guessing you are a heavy reader of those from the misguided and damnable school of naturalism?

libertarians are pussies, unable to realize that though they preach the immoralities of government, aren't willing to go all the way to create a moral government.

If I aim a gun at you and threaten to shoot you if you don't do as I say is coercion, which is aggression, which is control.

forsmant
03-06-2008, 09:49 PM
You don't have control over whether or not you pay taxes, the government does. Interestingly, I have no urge to control you through aggression, I'm guessing you are a heavy reader of those from the misguided and damnable school of naturalism?

libertarians are pussies, unable to realize that though they preach the immoralities of government, aren't willing to go all the way to create a moral government.

If I aim a gun at you and threaten to shoot you if you don't do as I say is coercion, which is aggression, which is control.

You do have control over whether or not you pay taxes. You do not control the governments reaction to your non payment action. They will give you all kinds of negative choices and you will probably choose to pay taxes or go to jail. For ever action you take there will be a reaction by someone or something. That uncontrollable action may be unwanted.

I have never heard of the naturalism school.

How I found Freedom In An Unfree World by Harry Browne has many of the ideas in which I have laid out.

Your a pussy;)

pdavis
03-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Iceland was the closest, if not, an anarchist country and lasted for over three centuries.

cageybee
03-06-2008, 10:05 PM
No -- just me tired of you spreading communist rhetoric all over this board constantly.

But by all means, carry on good fellow.

sorry, i forgot usa is not a free country and i can't just say whatever i want anymore. i better watch what i say??

forsmant
03-06-2008, 10:07 PM
sorry, i forgot usa is not a free country and i can't just say whatever i want anymore. i better watch what i say??

There is this fallacy again. You can say what ever you want. That doesn't mean others can't ignore you or suppress what you said.

Dave Pedersen
03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Wherever there are followers there will be a lack of anarchy. Anarchy is far preferable to the governments witnessed by human history.

Unfortunately there are always those who will join a collective promising superior force and others who will seek relief by lending their power to an organization to thwart their criminal designs. All such organizations of political power are corrupted either from the outset by design or by the incremental usurpations of evil men.

A follower is he who is first to give up liberty whether it be for good or evil matters little. Humanity has an abundance of them from birth.

Kludge
03-06-2008, 10:19 PM
You do have control over whether or not you pay taxes.You do not control the governments reaction to your non payment action. They will give you all kinds of negative choices and you will probably choose to pay taxes or go to jail. For ever action you take there will be a reaction by someone or something. That uncontrollable action may be unwanted.

Failure to pay taxes results in aggression being committed against you. As such, it's coercive, an aggressive action. Again, use of aggression to get someone to do what you want IS control.

I have never heard of the naturalism school.

Naturalism is a disgusting literary movement that claims Man is incapable of aspiring to anything above instinct.

Your a pussy;)

**You're a pussy.

Where do you feel government draws authority?

forsmant
03-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Where do you feel government draws authority?

Government draws its authority on your willingness to concede to there coercive demands. After all a dead man or imprisoned man is worthless to the government.

cageybee
03-06-2008, 10:22 PM
There is this fallacy again. You can say what ever you want. That doesn't mean others can't ignore you or suppress what you said.

i don't know, i guess i pissed off the moderator of the "liberty forest" by speaking my mind. his words felt like a warning "hey shut up, or i'll ban yo ass"

i apologize, i'll keep my opinion to myself in order not to upset anyone else in the future.

forsmant
03-06-2008, 10:24 PM
i don't know, i guess i pissed off the moderator of the "liberty forest" by speaking my mind. his words felt like a warning "hey shut up, or i'll ban yo ass"

i apologize, i'll keep my opinion to myself in order not to upset anyone else in the future.

Thats retarded. Upset people all you want. You must realize that they will react and probably negatively. They may or may not ban you but thats for them to decide.

Kludge
03-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Government draws its authority on your willingness to concede to there coercive demands. After all a dead man or imprisoned man is worthless to the government.

:rolleyes:

Property rights supersede your right to free speech =)