PDA

View Full Version : it's time for another moneybomb!

mannycp
03-06-2008, 03:54 PM
:D:DReally. Why not!
lets keep Dr. Ron Paul In Till the End!

evilfunnystuff
03-06-2008, 03:57 PM
i say we need to do a money bomb but i dont think it should be for the official campaign they have been very poor at advertising check out my grassroots ad thread i have going to punk mccain call him out ask for a debate and insinuate he is a chicken

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126764

FreeTraveler
03-06-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126557

Time for Change
03-06-2008, 05:27 PM
FOR THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN...ABSOLUTELY!!!!

The cash has all but dried up and he needs an infusion quick.

Let's do this

RonPaulFanInGA
03-06-2008, 05:44 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126557

I like the March 23rd suggestion. We need a good website now. Anyone? Trevor?

TruthAtLast
03-06-2008, 05:45 PM
what kind of dumb ass poll options are those. The only choices are YES or Drop Out? I don't want a Ron Paul money bomb (though I wouldn't mind a Paulitician Money Bomb) but I don't want Ron Paul to drop out either. He has plenty of money and we need to focus on delegates and helping other congressmen.

If you are going to do a poll, make some REAL answers.

Time for Change
03-06-2008, 05:50 PM
what kind of dumb ass poll options are those. The only choices are YES or Drop Out? I don't want a Ron Paul money bomb (though I wouldn't mind a Paulitician Money Bomb) but I don't want Ron Paul to drop out either. He has plenty of money and we need to focus on delegates and helping other congressmen.

Everyone keeps assuming that since there is a running total on the website, that's the cash on hand. That is NOT the case.
He is spending the money...it does NOT just magically replenish itself...that's where we come in.
We need to get a cash infusion into the campaign right away.
He needs travel money, money to pay staff, buy campaign materials for states yet to vote, radio / tv ads, etc.

This is NO TIME TO GIVE UP...it's time to dig deep and drop some cash in right away.

Kludge
03-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Campaign is lost, we need to back off and refocus on local efforts (including INFO BOOTHS AND THE LIKE, YOU LAZY SoBs!!!).

We're focusing too much on the person and not enough on the message.

Time for Change
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Campaign is lost, we need to back off and refocus on local efforts (including INFO BOOTHS AND THE LIKE, YOU LAZY SoBs!!!).

We're focusing too much on the person and not enough on the message.

Really? You have given up?

Everyone keeps saying...get to the convention, blah, blah, blah, but nobody wants to pay to get him there?

Amazing

yongrel
03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Option 3: Ron Paul stays in, but we donate to Murray Sabrin, Jim Forsythe, Brent Sanders, BJ Lawson, etc.

blakjak
03-06-2008, 06:45 PM

seconded.

I vote No without the "drop out" part.

TruthAtLast
03-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Everyone keeps assuming that since there is a running total on the website, that's the cash on hand. That is NOT the case.
He is spending the money...it does NOT just magically replenish itself...that's where we come in.
We need to get a cash infusion into the campaign right away.
He needs travel money, money to pay staff, buy campaign materials for states yet to vote, radio / tv ads, etc.

This is NO TIME TO GIVE UP...it's time to dig deep and drop some cash in right away.

i don't believe the campaign is lost, and I don't believe he still has a full 6 million either. But he has NOT been spending very much recently (as least not from his Presidential fund). I don't think he is in dire need of funds.

I also think that much of the work that needs to be done now is at the delegate level. yes there a few states left but there aren't very many major markets left. it is the grass roots that has provided most of the support in this campaign.

If Ron sends another email saying he needs money, I'll give it to him (actually I'm maxed out but I'll give the money to my fiance to donate), but he hasn't asked and really hasn't done much of anything recently. Maybe that will change, who knows. If he suddenly becomes rejuvinated and re-energized and wants to start campaigning hard then that's different.

Until then I really don't want him to be the lone voice in Congress anymore. I want to get him a little support and want to help some of these people who are ready and willing to make a difference in this Government. I'm not counting out the RNC and what might happen there, but it is also crazy to put all of your eggs in one basket.... clearly Ron Paul didn't and that was a smart move for the long term success of this Movement.

Kludge
03-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Really? You have given up?

Everyone keeps saying...get to the convention, blah, blah, blah, but nobody wants to pay to get him there?

Amazing

I don't much care if he goes to convention. He has NO chance at all of becoming president. Cut your losses and help where it matters, the local and state government. Ron Paul HQ has grossly mis-spent its scarce resources.

jmdrake
03-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Option 3: Ron Paul stays in, but we donate to Murray Sabrin, Jim Forsythe, Brent Sanders, BJ Lawson, etc.

QFT. This isn't an either/or proposition. The only benefit of Dr. Paul dropping out is if he wanted to distribute what he had left among other candidates. But moneybombs for other candidates can be done either way. I'd like to see a single moneybomb to be distributed among all of the "liberty candidates" as opposed to all of these separate bombs. They're getting hard to keep up with.

OferNave
03-06-2008, 07:53 PM
My thoughts for those interested:

Purpose of Money Bombs (psychological hypothesis)

The whole point of a money bomb instead of just the usual "donate now" is to try to make a big splash all at once in order to witness our strength. One could argue that the same purpose is served by the real-time money counter - afterall, we can witness our strength by simply donating as much and often as possible and watching that counter. The problem is on one hand, laziness (I can donate later), and on the other hand, fear-of-getting-used (I'll let others donate first, see how it goes... maybe if it's doing well, I won't have to give much...)

The reason the money bomb is effective at getting more people to donate is precisely because of the time constraint. If the goal is to raise as much money as possible all the time, there's no deadline. With a one day money bomb, there's a limited window of opportunity to accomplish a more specific goal than raise money - the goal of raising money on that particular day. You can only help that goal during that day. So you step up, because every dollar will be counted and measured. Think about it. Do you have $5 and have not yet capped out? Then why don't you donate that $5 right now? You have two minutes, right? See.

Targeting Funds

Some people want to fund Ron Paul some more. Some believe we need to focus on local races now. Others want and are able to do both. Why not let everyone play? There was a bomb last month at http://libertywarchest.com/ that somewhat pioneered the combination bomb - $50 for Ron Paul for Congress, and $10 each for five Ron Paul Republicans running for Congress. I'd like to say it was a success (I played), but there was no way to know. Referring back to my 'Purpose of Money Bombs' thesis, there was a key ingredient missing - some of the campaign sites didn't have real time tickers, so there was no way to measure success.

My Suggestion

So here's the bottom line. I recommend a money bomb site be set up that lists Ron Paul's presidential and congressional campaigns, as well as all the Ron Paul Republicans that people have identified. Have periodic money bombs. For each bomb, people check which people they plan to donate to and how much. The site can show running totals for all listed campaigns. Lastly, someone needs to help all the campaigns install real time counters for donations, so the results of the money bombs are visible.