PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton: The Oatmeal Raisin Cookie of the Democratic Candidates

escapinggreatly
08-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Link to full article (http://dailywtf.typepad.com/content/2007/08/hillary-clinton.html)

Yes, it’s very easy to search the wide, wide world of the Internet and find plenty of people who are ready to latch onto the Hillary bandwagon like John McCain grabbing loose change. But in that quirky and unpredictable realm known as “real life,” where not everyone spends their days reading blogs and coming up with clever ways to bash the opposing party using Caturday pictures, I just don’t see it. I spend a decent chunk of my time up in Boston, where the Democratic Party is second only to the Red Sox, and these are the usual responses I get when Hillary is mentioned:

“She scares my children.”

“There are a lot of Republicans I’d vote for before her. And a few dead people.”

“Listening to her talk about Iraq is like having someone intentionally rupture my spleen.”

“Yeah, he was a really good President. I wish we could vote for him again.”

Have you ever been to a Mrs. Fields cookie shop? You know how the tray for oatmeal raisin cookies is always a lot more crowded than the other trays? It’s because nobody actually likes oatmeal raisin cookies. Oh, sure, every once in a while, a few are bought by a passing health nut, or a soccer mom on a diet, or the blind. And occasionally, some poor, innocent child with Cookie Misidentification Syndrome will excitedly reach over the counter, his face beaming with anticipation as he stares at what he believes are chocolate chips nestled into his circular confection – only to gag, and oftentimes vomit, when his mouth closes around his purchase and reveals the brutal truth.

And if the Clinton Machine somehow manages to win the Democratic nomination, if the primary voters are too divided between the chocolate chips and peanut butter chunks of the world to prevent the selection of the candidate that more of them actively hate than anyone else, the donkey will have signed its own death warrant. Barring a Dean Scream-like disaster for another Democrat, Hillary is the only legitimate contender on that side of the aisle who will cause her party to lose. Democrats don’t want to vote for her. Republicans would fight through hail, sleet, and snow to vote against her.

So, yes, I suppose it does technically qualify as blog-pimping... but I feel a lot of people here would be interested in this particular topic.

Original_Intent
08-16-2007, 08:46 PM
this article is completely unfair to oatmeal cookies!

I LIKE OATMEAL COOKIES!
I LIKE SPAM!
I DO NOT LIKE OATMEAL COOKIES AND SPAM!:D

McDermit
08-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Oatmeal cookies are the best. FAR better than chocolate chip. Bleh!

Hillary is more like a chocolate chip cookie to me. haha.

CodeMonkey
08-17-2007, 07:29 AM
And occasionally, some poor, innocent child with Cookie Misidentification Syndrome will excitedly reach over the counter, his face beaming with anticipation as he stares at what he believes are chocolate chips nestled into his circular confection – only to gag, and oftentimes vomit, when his mouth closes around his purchase and reveals the brutal truth.

This line is brilliant.... It has happened to me so many times :mad: