PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC: "Truthers" should be sent to secret prisons. Holy Crap this pisses me off!

Expatriate
03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Video (about 1:00 in is when it starts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqhN_p3ZO6o&eurl

h ttp://digg.com/political_opinion/MSNBC_Reporter_I_hope_there_s_a_secret_prison_for_ truthers

Whether you are a "truther" or not (I am still unsure about the whole 911 issue) this should outrage you.

These MSNBC shills are insinuating that people who question the "official story" of 911 should be tased and hauled off to secret, foreign prisons! I know they are "just joking" but this is an issue of free speech.

Never have I heard these suggestions made about any other political group. It just really creeps the hell out of me that they would say these things, what with the direction our country is going in right now.

We all know the framework is in place for these "jokes" to become reality. The infamous Patriot Act coupled with the new Homegrown Terrorism bill makes it quite possible in the future to classify truthers as terrorists, and do to them exactly what these irresponsible reporters are suggesting.:mad:

ARealConservative
03-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Clearly over the top.

family members might consider the necessity of a mental screening however.

Peace&Freedom
03-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Of course, mental health screenings are being considered for those who have 'wrong' views about the CFR, NAU, Lincoln, Federal Reserve, IRS, CPS, immunizations, and eventually any other notion that challenges the total state.

mordechai
03-06-2008, 01:34 PM
The media. Yep. Fair and balanced. Protectors of the 1st Amendment.

Good people, the traitors.

Dr.3D
03-06-2008, 02:09 PM
If there truly were no cover up in the 9/11 events, then why would they be so worried about people who claim there is? It seems obvious they are afraid of something.

mordechai
03-06-2008, 02:19 PM
I don't believe it was an inside job like Alex Jones says it was.

But, I do think that the FBI had good intel something was planned involving commercial flights, and it was purposely ignored, perhaps even encouraged.

However, I still have no way of explaining the Pentagon.

Dr.3D
03-06-2008, 02:50 PM

But, I do think that the FBI had good intel something was planned involving commercial flights, and it was purposely ignored, perhaps even encouraged.

Seems that in itself would be pretty much an inside job by there complacence in the matter.

thuja
03-06-2008, 02:56 PM
these poor idiots have zero credibility. more and more people ignore them. as for myself, i have not watched television news in ages, and i am so much better off as a result.
and, anyone paying attention to their intuition that day knows it was.

micahnelson
03-06-2008, 02:58 PM
People here say the same about the media elite. Maybe we should be a little less French and a little more American in our revolution.

Not that I'm giving them a pass, mind you... just trying to establish a foundation of individual liberty for all.

ItsTime
03-06-2008, 03:01 PM
the brainwashing continues.

0zzy
03-06-2008, 03:54 PM
You guys sure cry a lot. "First amendment!" Ya, they're practicing it. "Shills for the industrial-complex-propaganda!" No, they are making fun of conspiracy theorist, as many have throughout time. It's not a conspiracy to make fun of conspiracies. "They lose credibility every day." Yes, but for that? No. Most people care less if the make fun of a man who yells during speeches.

Calm down. Stop getting mad over stupid shiz.

Expatriate
03-06-2008, 04:34 PM
You guys sure cry a lot. "First amendment!" Ya, they're practicing it. "Shills for the industrial-complex-propaganda!" No, they are making fun of conspiracy theorist, as many have throughout time. It's not a conspiracy to make fun of conspiracies. "They lose credibility every day." Yes, but for that? No. Most people care less if the make fun of a man who yells during speeches.

Calm down. Stop getting mad over stupid shiz.

So? We're also practicing our First Amendment rights. What's the problem? Nobody told you to stop talking about "stupid shiz". So what are you getting so pissed about? Did you even read my post?

I can talk about whatever I want here as long as it's relevant to civil liberties. A major MSM outlet suggesting (I said I know they are JOKING) that people be secretly imprisoned because of their political beliefs is a very sinister sign to me. Many of us believe or suspect that the Old Media puts these things out in cooperation with the government to get people used to new ideas before they are implemented. Just look at the news before the invasion of Iraq! All the terrorist this, Al Qaeda that, WMD's etc. etc. to get everyone nice and hysterical to support the invasion.

You'd rather defend these bozos' FA rights than people who are genuinely concerned that our government may very well have MURDERED many of our fellow citizens?

I think I have a right to be alarmed at this. Did you read H.R. 1959? I think you might be alarmed too if you had.

If they were joking around that all Jews or Muslims be taken to secret prisons and tortured with electricity, what response do you think they would have gotten?

The reason I posted this is because it is a bald-faced insult to ME and others who lost family and friends in the 9/11 attacks and don't accept the official story. It really, REALLY angered me when I saw it. It is an ABSOLUTE INSULT. I want to know why they really died!

I'll just assume you misunderstood my post or didn't watch the video since you seem like a decent guy otherwise. Just lose the paternal tone and I might be a little more receptive.

Expatriate
03-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Just so you know, Ozzy, I don't profess to know what happened on that awful day. But I know there are holes in the official story, and a lot of evidence has been covered up for no good reason. I would call that probable cause.

We, the families of the victims, deserve a fair and impartial investigation, and the Commission was FAR from that. I can understand why many would jump to the conclusion that it was an inside job, any police officer would jump to a similar conclusion given the same obfuscation of evidence at a crime scene.

So please don't make fun of those who do as "conspiracy theorists", I am good friends with many "truthers" and they are not wackos like you suggest.

And why would you assert that it is not a conspiracy to make fun of conspiracy theories? If you had been complicit in a criminal conspiracy, and were in a position of power, would you not try to make fun of those hot on your trail in order to discourage and discredit them?

Here's a quote from this board I always liked:

Originally Posted by linusPAULing
There's been a conspiracy to condition us into not believing in conspiracies. This might be the most insidious conspiracy of all time.

ItsTime
03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Sorry for your lose that day.

Just so you know, Ozzy, I don't profess to know what happened on that awful day. But I know there are holes in the official story, and a lot of evidence has been covered up for no good reason. I would call that probable cause.

We, the families of the victims, deserve a fair and impartial investigation, and the Commission was FAR from that. I can understand why many would jump to the conclusion that it was an inside job, any police officer would jump to a similar conclusion given the same obfuscation of evidence at a crime scene.

So please don't make fun of those who do as "conspiracy theorists", I am good friends with many "truthers" and they are not wackos like you suggest.

And why would you assert that it is not a conspiracy to make fun of conspiracy theories? If you had been complicit in a criminal conspiracy, and were in a position of power, would you not try to make fun of those hot on your trail in order to discourage and discredit them?

Here's a quote from this board I always liked:

Expatriate
03-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Sorry for your lose that day.

Thank you for your condolences.

Sorry if I got a little too angry there. Just touched a nerve. I'm sure Ozzy didn't mean any harm, probably just seen too many hysterical threads about this sort of thing lately. I know I get annoyed seeing threads barking at the moon sometimes.

Expatriate
03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
these poor idiots have zero credibility. more and more people ignore them. as for myself, i have not watched television news in ages, and i am so much better off as a result.
and, anyone paying attention to their intuition that day knows it was.

Yeah, same here. I have completely stopped watching all TV. It's amazing how much more free time you have if you can just give up your favorite mental junk food. My brain is feeling clearer than it has for years.

And you can save a lot of money by canceling your cable subscription, who needs it when you can get your news so much more efficiently off the net? No more commercials either. I only use my TV for watching rental movies now.

I know what my intuition is telling me. But right now I have to ignore my intuition in order to be taken seriously. That's why we need a real investigation.

jjank11
03-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I too am apalled by the government covering up important evidence in regards to 9/11. I did not lose any family members or friends but seeing as how my parents and many other family members are from NYC i hold NYC dear to my heart.

I dearly sorry about your loss. I hope one day all our questions can be answered to at least soothe the pain somewhat.

I've been on a search for the truth for so long.
The best thing i've found so far is this website
http://911research.wtc7.net/index.html

Please let me know if you have other great places for the truth seekers.

0zzy
03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I didn't say stop talking, I said stop getting mad. Though it is not my place to tell who should get mad at whom. I just see on the forums every day how the media is evil and sinister. I think they are just ignorant. But, that's just my personal opinion.

Though, I would say Fox news is probably evil and sinister.
The people on this video are just ignorant and careless about the issue.

What I was trying to get across was, we shouldn't get mad at every little thing. I've done that, it doesn't help. When I see stupid crap like that I just don't care anymore, I don't expect anything more from them.

Also, I do think there are "truthers" out there who are disrespectful. I've seen many who speak over others and I don't find that appropriate or helpful to their respected movement. Though I am never the one to make a scene, it's not my thing. Maybe the tactic works for them, they probably wouldn't have gotten media attention otherwise. But still, just my opinion.

Sorry to offend anyone though. <3. Don't get mad, get glad! :D

Expatriate
03-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Don't worry, you didn't offend anyone, it was those idiots on MSNBC that did all the offending:mad:

Yeah, I guess it is pretty pointless to pop a blood vessel every time the media demonstrates it's stupidity. Personally, I think all the major media companies are bought and paid for, but I guess it's possible that they are just a bunch of sheep with a lot of exposure.

Either way though, I think we should still take notice when they pull crap like this. You'd think with so much of the population getting into "conspiracy theories" they'd avoid picking on that demographic. What was it, something like 50-60% of Americans don't believe the official 9/11 story now?
http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/view/13469
http://www.zogby.com/search/ReadNews.dbm?ID=855

The way they have treated Ron Paul has been pretty dastardly, especially Fox as you say. And that last CNN debate with Anderson "The Liar" Cooper was a complete disgrace.

You're definitely right about there being a lot of rude and disruptive "truthers", which is one of the reasons I don't identify as one. The other reason is that even though the whole situation is suspicious as hell, I still don't have enough facts to conclude anything except that SOMETHING is being covered up and it is suspicious as hell. And I have a feeling the current and future administration (unless Ron Paul wins:D) wants to keep it that way.

So let's have a miracle at the National Convention and steer the good ship America away from the rocks! Otherwise, I suggest we start building lifeboats;)

Expatriate
03-06-2008, 11:39 PM
I too am apalled by the government covering up important evidence in regards to 9/11. I did not lose any family members or friends but seeing as how my parents and many other family members are from NYC i hold NYC dear to my heart.

I dearly sorry about your loss. I hope one day all our questions can be answered to at least soothe the pain somewhat.

I've been on a search for the truth for so long.
The best thing i've found so far is this website
http://911research.wtc7.net/index.html

Please let me know if you have other great places for the truth seekers.

Thanks for that site! I haven't found anything that informative ever before!

I will PM you if I find anything better. But that site is pretty comprehensive by the looks of it. Thank you so much!

kyleAF
03-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Bottom line:

If ANYONE ever tries to take you against your will, take them instead. The alternative will likely be worse. Resistance will be an individual effort at first.

Give me liberty
03-07-2008, 06:53 PM

It was :mad:

Nirvikalpa
03-07-2008, 07:02 PM
If the media and government are so outraged by the 'Truthers,' which I am and have NEVER affiliated with RP's campaign, then why don't they give us proof to shut us up?

Release the tapes confiscated by the government, and show us a jet crashing into the pentagon. Then people will shut up.

Easy as that.