PDA

View Full Version : Rush subverts the democratic process

moostraks
03-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Forgive me if this was posted recently. I tried search but came up empty handed.:)
Article here:http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Texas_GOP_voted_Hillary/2008/03/05/78104.html?s=al&promo_code=469F-1

I was curious as to how he isn't breaking some law by screwing with the election process as blatantly as he is?

Limbaugh claimed at least some of the credit for Hillary’s victory, saying on Wednesday: “What we did, if we did anything, is to create a bunch of chaos in the Democratic Party — and it worked.”

It was disgusting, I caught some of Hannity when I was out the other day and he had callers calling in on election day to gloat over voting as democrats to mess up their results. There needs to be a backlash towards the media for their participation this year in the election process. Now we can be left to question whether it was faulty voting machines or the media's role in this years results. I am still trying to grasp that McCain is in the position he is in. :mad:

jjank11
03-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Rush is a complete idiot. This type of thing only reinvigorates the Democrats and quite simply it just makes it more interesting. I like to pay attention when it is close, it is kind of exciting.
The good thing is that this probably helped Paul, in terms of delegates to state conventions, at least in Texas.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Forgive me if this was posted recently. I tried search but came up empty handed.:)
Article here:http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Texas_GOP_voted_Hillary/2008/03/05/78104.html?s=al&promo_code=469F-1

I was curious as to how he isn't breaking some law by screwing with the election process as blatantly as he is?

Limbaugh claimed at least some of the credit for Hillary’s victory, saying on Wednesday: “What we did, if we did anything, is to create a bunch of chaos in the Democratic Party — and it worked.”

It was disgusting, I caught some of Hannity when I was out the other day and he had callers calling in on election day to gloat over voting as democrats to mess up their results. There needs to be a backlash towards the media for their participation this year in the election process. Now we can be left to question whether it was faulty voting machines or the media's role in this years results. I am still trying to grasp that McCain is in the position he is in. :mad:

Because he makes a fabulous living off of political conflict, Rush Limbaugh is in the business of hate mongering. Regardless of the political outcome, he makes his fabulous living.

micahnelson
03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Because he makes a fabulous living off of political conflict, Rush Limbaugh is in the business of hate mongering. Regardless of the political outcome, he makes his fabulous living.

Not defending Limbaugh... but im getting sick of the word hatemonger.

FreeTraveler
03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Whoa, let's not be the pot calling the kettle black. Remember not long ago, when we were encouraging Democrats to cross party lines in Michigan and vote for RP?

jason43
03-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Also, planning to hijack the convention when we averaged 6% or so in the actual voting rather than doing the ground work and getting people into congress...

LittleLightShining
03-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, it backfired here in VT. I worked at my polling station for 11 hours on Tuesday. VT has an open primary so people could choose which primary ballot they wanted, Republican, Democrat or Liberty Union. The Democratic ballots were flying off the tables at about a 3-1 ratio. So many Republicans were absolutely gleeful to take the Democratic ballot and fiddle with that primary instead of A) voting for their obvious choice of John McCain or B) voting for what VT Republicans historically support-- fiscal responsibility, free market economics and lower taxes.

Obama took the state easily even with all the meddling by Republicans. So here anyway, they really did waste their vote. I'm thoroughly disgusted and wonder if there actually is any hope for reforming the Republican party after all.

moostraks
03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Whoa, let's not be the pot calling the kettle black. Remember not long ago, when we were encouraging Democrats to cross party lines in Michigan and vote for RP?

I don't advocate anyone voting for someone unless they agree with their policies. What he is doing is advocating voting to create chaos....

acptulsa
03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Well, it backfired here in VT. I worked at my polling station for 11 hours on Tuesday. VT has an open primary so people could choose which primary ballot they wanted, Republican, Democrat or Liberty Union. The Democratic ballots were flying off the tables at about a 3-1 ratio. So many Republicans were absolutely gleeful to take the Democratic ballot and fiddle with that primary instead of A) voting for their obvious choice of John McCain or B) voting for what VT Republicans historically support-- fiscal responsibility, free market economics and lower taxes.

Obama took the state easily even with all the meddling by Republicans. So here anyway, they really did waste their vote. I'm thoroughly disgusted and wonder if there actually is any hope for reforming the Republican party after all.

How fun to be a part of the horse race. How much more entertaining it is to ratfuck the Dems, as Nixon put it, than to vote your conscience. Well, maybe if we do it right, this sort of attitude can work for us, not against us, in St. Paul. After all, I've met damned few Republicans who actually like McCain.

moostraks
03-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Also, planning to hijack the convention when we averaged 6% or so in the actual voting rather than doing the ground work and getting people into congress...

Hmm... using the tools of the system which requires one put their time and money into a second tier layer of voting (especially when one may clearly feel there is voter fraud) is different then intentionally inciting chaos in an opposing party. If we were to be advocating joining the democratic national convention to subvert their votes (in order to change election results to the republican favor) that would be different.

moostraks
03-06-2008, 01:16 PM

One caller to Hannity said her Republican husband voted for Obama because he felt like he was the easier candidate to beat...So no telling what is going in in people's heads. Sure is an eye opener for not having open voting....

Ball
03-06-2008, 01:27 PM
I met two people who "love" Ron Paul, but voted for Hillary. They were going to screw around in the DNC convention, too.

What they COULD have done was become Ron Paul delegates, and made the national convention hostile towards McCain. THAT would have worked.

Morons

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-06-2008, 01:39 PM

If a whoremonger is in the business of prostitution and a warmonger in the business of war, Rush Limbaugh is in the business of hate. Perhaps the word bites because it best defines what most people are figuring out about him: Rush Limbaugh does less to define the American character than do the silly people he ridicules.

Geronimo
03-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Got any synonyms up your sleeve?

newyearsrevolution08
03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Why is there a "democratic process" in the first place?

Does republic mean anything anymore lol.

IcyPeaceMaker
If it were to end up McCain -v- Hillary, McCain will likely beat her, though some polls say she wins. Obama will beat McCain because of his high negative ratings. This campaign comes down to negatives.

newyearsrevolution08
Got any synonyms up your sleeve?

jackass comes to mind, sell out is another one lol....

newyearsrevolution08
03-06-2008, 06:27 PM
If it were to end up McCain -v- Hillary, McCain will likely beat her, though some polls say she wins. Obama will beat McCain because of his high negative ratings. This campaign comes down to negatives.

Not if there is going to be a clinton/obama or obama/clinton ticket. Mccain will NOT have a chance in the least. Have you looked at the democratic voting numbers versus the republican side? Imagine if all the voters for clinton and obama all joined forces and anyone quite frankly who is against the war in general. Mccain has ZERO chance to do anything at all except tank the republican party.