PDA

View Full Version : Walter Williams 2008! More than likely Ron won't do 3rd party.

libertythor
03-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Lets get somebody else that is high-profile to do a 3rd party run. Wayne Alyn Root just doesn't cut it for the Libertarians.

Here are some good choices: Walter Williams, John Stossel, Gary Johnson, Barry Goldwater Jr.....

libertythor
03-06-2008, 10:22 AM
bump

libertythor
03-06-2008, 10:35 AM
bump Some thoughts? The revolution isn't about just one man. Its the ideas.

crazyfingers
03-06-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure who Walter Williams is but I like Wayne Root and don't really understand the Libertarian disdain for him. They say he is pro-war but he wants to get out of Iraq within 12-18 months, and in the mean time focus on training the Iraqi police/army. It's called making the best out of a bad situation. Maybe Libertarians are just afraid of the "success" (>1% of the vote) that would come about from nominating a more mainstream candidate.

defe07
03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't mind supporting and voting for a Gary Johnson/ Barry Goldwater Jr. ticket. The major parties always argue that one of the main disadvantages of a 3rd party or independent ticket is that they don't have experience. Johnson was a former Gov. of NM and Goldwater Jr. a Congressman. And they both personally endorsed Paul!

me3
03-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Looks like Walter Williams is pro-Empire, pro-Neo Conservatism.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/020069.html

Very disappointing.

Original_Intent
03-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Chuck Baldwin would be a good choice for the Constitution Party.

Aratus
03-19-2008, 02:31 PM
a barry goldwater jr/john stossel ticket sounds cool!

0zzy
03-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Looks like Walter Williams is pro-Empire, pro-Neo Conservatism.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/020069.html

Very disappointing.

I don't know if he is "pro-empire", but he is definitely a neocon when it comes to middle eastern affairs.

Kotin
03-19-2008, 02:36 PM
"Because those millions of peace-loving Muslims do not speak out and expose terrorists and don't more fully cooperate with domestic and international authorities trying to stop terrorists, they become enemies of the West just as the peace-loving people in Germany, Italy and Japan became enemies of the Allied powers during World War II. Like them, Muslims should be prepared to suffer the full might of the West in its efforts to fight terrorism."

-Walter Williams

Aratus
03-19-2008, 02:36 PM
could any nader/gonzalez and/or goldwater/stossel possible tickets
actually get these mcain/huckabee and/or obama/clinton mainstream choises
aspected campaigner people to actually agree to a string of 4,5, 6 or 7 way
debates concerning all the possible "to be" veeps and potuses?

yongrel
03-19-2008, 02:41 PM
It would be infinitely more productive to focus on the candidates that ARE running.

BJ Lawson (reportedly), Jim Forsythe, and Murray Sabrin have all been endorsed by Ron Paul. Try getting them into office.

And then there's Vern McKinley, Dean Santoro, Theodore Terbolizard, Amit Singh, and many others who are all worthy candidates.

Maybe our efforts would be better spent on them.

Kotin
03-19-2008, 02:48 PM
It would be infinitely more productive to focus on the candidates that ARE running.

BJ Lawson (reportedly), Jim Forsythe, and Murray Sabrin have all been endorsed by Ron Paul. Try getting them into office.

And then there's Vern McKinley, Dean Santoro, Theodore Terbolizard, Amit Singh, and many others who are all worthy candidates.

please dont forget Ron Paul Forum's own Brent Sanders..

boggie08
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't mind supporting and voting for a Gary Johnson/ Barry Goldwater Jr. ticket. The major parties always argue that one of the main disadvantages of a 3rd party or independent ticket is that they don't have experience. Johnson was a former Gov. of NM and Goldwater Jr. a Congressman. And they both personally endorsed Paul!

That sounds like an idea. Could this possibly happen?

boggie08
03-19-2008, 03:43 PM

I think so too. We should definitely make sure all of the RP endorsed candidates at least win the primary. If we can do that, Ron Paul instantly gains influence within the Republican Party. We should push the Rand Paul endorsed candidates too. Rand endorsed Vern McKinley and Amit Singh at least.

New York For Paul
03-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Walter Williams most recent column.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20080322/COMMENTARY/649241842/1012