PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see: RON PAUL to run 3rd Party !!

Falseflagop
03-06-2008, 09:52 AM
That is the news I want to see. I think with who is left RP can really do good. I think the base would be fired up because he truly would be the economic guy and the anti war guy .

Come on RON do it for AMERICA we need you, Its just 8 months of your time come on RON !!

Banana
03-06-2008, 09:53 AM
*thud*

pacelli
03-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I think there are election laws in several states which prohibit a candidate from being on a ballot in a general election under a different party than when s/he was on the ballot during the primary. Might want to check into this before we start breaking news.

PauliticsPolitics
03-06-2008, 09:54 AM
ummm......
falseflag is a good name for you....

FrankRep
03-06-2008, 09:55 AM
:mad:

That's F-ed up man. Party foul.

libertythor
03-06-2008, 09:57 AM
:mad: I am going to slap you around with a large putrid trout.

rockandrollsouls
03-06-2008, 09:57 AM
douchebag.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-06-2008, 09:59 AM
BREAKING NEWS: RON PAUL to run 3rd Party !!

Thanks for getting my hopes up for a second for nothing. :mad:

I think there are election laws in several states which prohibit a candidate from being on a ballot in a general election under a different party than when s/he was on the ballot during the primary.

Only three states still currently have those laws. Mississippi, Texas and one other. Anyway, every time those "sore loser" laws were challenged in court, they were overturned as unconstitutuional.

pacelli
03-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Only three states have those laws. Mississippi, Texas and one other. Anyway, every other time those "sore loser" laws were challenged in court, they were overturned as unconstitutuional.

Thank you for the info, glad to hear it ! :)

Falseflagop
03-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Clearly this is what you all want and I think we need to send the campiagn this message, you are all hoping for what I am hoping for a 3rd party run to fire up the RP Revolution which is needed more than ever!

acptulsa
03-06-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm all for getting his name on the ballot of the forty-six (not forty-seven) states that lack sore loser laws. It will put him in a stronger position at the convention if we do this without his permission, and it will give us a chance at an independent (not necessarily third party) run if the G.O.P. sticks (or should I say keeps) it's collective head up it's rump.

Shed
03-06-2008, 10:05 AM
The topic title is deliberately misleading and the suggestion is old, suicidal and been repeatedly ruled out by Ron Paul himself.

Banana
03-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Clearly this is what you all want and I think we need to send the campiagn this message, you are all hoping for what I am hoping for a 3rd party run to fire up the RP Revolution which is needed more than ever!

WTF?

You don't just put words in our mouths. You cram it down our throats....

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-06-2008, 10:09 AM
I just wanted to repost this message Steve placed in the independent thread "Petition." It sounds very interesting:

I have been working on this for the past two weeks, calling major players in the grassroots, including wealthy donors, and even speaking to RP's brother, Wayne, and also his son Rand about it in recent days. Wayne volunteered to me that his brother never said he would not run "independent"--only that he would be guided by what his supporters insisted upon.

We are going to have to demand that he do it. And, he will--I believe. But we must demand it politely and persistently and we must reach a consensus that it is the right course among ourselves, AND QUICKLY.

I have also spoken to Congressman Bob Barr about this very topic a couple times, and he met with RP on Tuesday at 5:30 PM in D.C.

I agree that it must be an INDEPENDENT run and not a 3rd party run. Then, the ticket can go after the endorsements of all the third parties--even the Greens, though that might be the toughest one to get.

I believe if Barr is on the ticket, that his bulldog qualities would complement RP's qualities perfectly. Some have reservations about Bob Barr, and I must confess I don't know if his personal integrity is of RP's caliber, but he was better known nationally than RP at this time a year ago, led the impeachment of Clinton, and would leave the LP to run independent (I am convinced) with Ron Paul, if we could get this done. I am not, by any means, devoted to the Bob Barr option, and other excellent choices could be made with similar impact (Bob Smith, Walter Jones, Andrew Napolitano, Mark Sanford--the options are numerous...)

Anybody who wants to discuss in detail what I've been hearing/doing, etc. please call me:
207-532-3635.

For Ron Paul and the Republic,
Steve Martin
Meetup Coordinator #17
Aroostook County, ME

crazyfingers
03-06-2008, 10:11 AM
10 votes and they're all 1-star. Who says the grassroots is divided?

Anyway, what is the point of rehashing this subject again and again? Ron has made his decision and it's not going to change. He has been there and done that and understands how futile it is. He is not holding off because he doesn't think we'd support him. He's holding off because he doesn't want to do it.

acptulsa
03-06-2008, 10:15 AM
10 votes and they're all 1-star. Who says the grassroots is divided?

Anyway, what is the point of rehashing this subject again and again? Ron has made his decision and it's not going to change. He has been there and done that and understands how futile it is. He is not holding off because he doesn't think we'd support him. He's holding off because he doesn't want to do it.

He has ruled out a third party run but not an independent run. There is a difference. One does not involve affiliating with a party besides the one he's with now. Remember he's a sitting congressman.

He can't ask us to get him ballot access without spoiling his own chances of being able to negotiate at the convention. He can't ask us. We don't need his permission. We just need the petitions.

Why would we be divided about this?

Falseflagop
03-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Sick of the trolls time to get RP Revolution back in the spotlight. Think about it, if he announces a 3rd party run wouldn't you be pumped? After this election we have 4 yrs of hell imho we need to get RP back in the saddle, he needs to hear it from us people. Ask yourself are you okay with McCain, Hill or Barack? Doubt it, so send RP a message please run 3rd party or indpendent we need you NOW only 8 months left come on RON !

NinjaPirate
03-06-2008, 10:17 AM
*sigh* ...why do you title your threads like this?

libertythor
03-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Sick of the trolls time to get RP Revolution back in the spotlight. Think about it, if he announces a 3rd party run wouldn't you be pumped? After this election we have 4 yrs of hell imho we need to get RP back in the saddle, he needs to hear it from us people. Ask yourself are you okay with McCain, Hill or Barack? Doubt it, so send RP a message please run 3rd party or indpendent we need you NOW only 8 months left come on RON !

Lets prepare somebody else as a backup. More than likely Ron won't do it.

Walter Williams 2008!

hillbilly123069
03-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Has anyone bothered to ask outsiders such as the Pope to inquire into our situation?

acptulsa
03-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Has anyone but me bothered to read Lovecraftian4Paul's post?

RonPaulFanInGA
03-06-2008, 10:23 AM
I have been working on this for the past two weeks, calling major players in the grassroots, including wealthy donors, and even speaking to RP's brother, Wayne, and also his son Rand about it in recent days. Wayne volunteered to me that his brother never said he would not run "independent"--only that he would be guided by what his supporters insisted upon.

This is what I've been thinking, suggesting and saying.

Ron Paul on February 9. 2008 (http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/week6/index.html):

"Of course, I am committed to fighting for our ideas within the Republican party, so there will be no third party run. I do not denigrate third parties -- just the opposite, and I have long worked to remove the ballot-access restrictions on them."

Seems pretty firm, huh?

But then there is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iti14BUEDQw) from March 2, 2008:

Interviewer: A lot of your supporters want you to continue on with this campaign. I’ve heard personally from some of your supporters, they want you to run as a third party candidate. if you can’t get the nomination for the Republican candidacy, they want you to break out as a third party. Is there a chance and if not, why not?

Paul: Not likely, I have no plans to do that.

Why no longer so firm? My thought is Ron Paul only ruled out a third party run (libertarian, constitution party, etc.), but never an independent presidential run.

and other excellent choices could be made with similar impact (Bob Smith, Walter Jones, Andrew Napolitano, Mark Sanford--the options are numerous...)

Um...if we can get Mark Sanford, DO IT! But I really, really doubt Sanford would join Ron Paul as his running mate in an independent presidential run this year.

Join The Paul Side
03-06-2008, 10:30 AM
douchebag.

+100

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
RonPaulFaninGA,

I am of the opinion (like some others were on here shortly after it came out) that the post-Super Tuesday message where he said there would be no third party run was NOT written by Ron Paul himself. Why the hell would he quote Trotsky?

You also point out that he continues to say he has "no plans." Why not just come out and say NO if he is really intent on absolutely not running as a non-Republican?

I think the most telling thing of all was on his January interview with Tim Russert on Meet the Press. When pressed about the third party question, he said he wanted at least a little "wiggle room" on it! Why would he say that if he had absolutely ruled it out?

In any case, there has to be at least some truth to the rumors floating around. Even if he ruled out a third party run, that does not mean independent too. And more importantly, Ron Paul has been very loyal to his followers, just as we have been loyal to him. If pressed politely by popular demand, he will very likely run independent. Just as it took popular pressure to get him to form an exploratory committee, and then launch into a full fledged Republican run.

We can get Dr. Paul to run! All we need is a little organization to petition and pledge support for an independent run, and channel this demand in an unmistakable way to the campaign and RP himself.

acptulsa
03-06-2008, 10:57 AM
I believe nothing would speak louder than ballot access petition drives. I really do. If they ask what party, put down "none".

defe07
03-06-2008, 12:46 PM
I think the problem is that many people confuse a 3rd party run with an independent run. I think a pretty amazing idea would be to have Paul run as an independent but we try to get him endorsements from 3rd parties.

acptulsa
03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I think the problem is that many people confuse a 3rd party run with an independent run. I think a pretty amazing idea would be to have Paul run as an independent but we try to get him endorsements from 3rd parties.

Yes indeed. Thank you for the clarification. And that would indeed work!

Bro.Butch
03-08-2008, 11:06 PM
The topic title is deliberately misleading and the suggestion is old, suicidal and been repeatedly ruled out by Ron Paul himself.

He has only made that statement while he had competition in his house race. They would have used it against him. RP 70 + % X Peden 29 + %. Ron don't have to worry about that anymore !!!

Ron carries a LIFETIME membership with the Libertarian Party and has for over 20 years !!!

defe07 I think the problem is that many people confuse a 3rd party run with an independent run. I think a pretty amazing idea would be to have Paul run as an independent but we try to get him endorsements from 3rd parties.

Sorry, But WRONG, have you ever petitioned for ballot access ? I didn't think so, it's tough and expensive to gather over a million signatures from 50 different states. Use the third parties for their ballot access, Ron remains the U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) running on the ??? Party ticket. We save a million to use on ads. He told them he was the only Republican running he still will be !!! Just under another label...

Originally Posted by Lovecraftian4Paul

EXACTLY, if you listen closely, that's what he has always said. You never talk third party when you are running for a nomination. If the nomination is lost, he will do what we request.

defe07
03-10-2008, 12:55 AM
[QUOTE=Bro.Butch;1338063]He has only made that statement while he had competition in his house race. They would have used it against him. RP 70 + % X Peden 29 + %. Ron don't have to worry about that anymore !!!

Ron carries a LIFETIME membership with the Libertarian Party and has for over 20 years !!!

defe07 I think the problem is that many people confuse a 3rd party run with an independent run. I think a pretty amazing idea would be to have Paul run as an independent but we try to get him endorsements from 3rd parties.

Sorry, But WRONG, have you ever petitioned for ballot access ? I didn't think so, it's tough and expensive to gather over a million signatures from 50 different states. Use the third parties for their ballot access, Ron remains the U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) running on the ??? Party ticket. We save a million to use on ads. He told them he was the only Republican running he still will be !!! Just under another label...

I'm just 23 and in college in Chile (have lived there for 12 years in a row and just want to come back). OK, let me try to make myself clear: I understand that if a 3rd party endorses Paul, Paul would get automatic ballot access im the states where that party is on the ballot. It could be like what Nader did in 2004 when he ran as an Indy. I don't suggest an Indy run by itself. If so, it's better to have 3rd parties endorse him. Question: what if Paul is endorsed by the Libertarians if he runs as an Indy in a "sore-loser" state like TX?

Bro.Butch
03-11-2008, 03:38 AM
[QUOTE=Bro.Butch;1338063]He has only made that statement while he had competition in his house race. They would have used it against him. RP 70 + % X Peden 29 + %. Ron don't have to worry about that anymore !!!

Ron carries a LIFETIME membership with the Libertarian Party and has for over 20 years (and you should join TOO) !!!

I'm just 23 and in college in Chile (have lived there for 12 years in a row and just want to come back). OK, let me try to make myself clear: I understand that if a 3rd party endorses Paul, Paul would get automatic ballot access im the states where that party is on the ballot. It could be like what Nader did in 2004 when he ran as an Indy. I don't suggest an Indy run by itself. If so, it's better to have 3rd parties endorse him. Question: what if Paul is endorsed by the Libertarians if he runs as an Indy in a "sore-loser" state like TX?

...the campaign is never over...unity..(is)..secondary to principle...he (McCain) doesn't represent anything I've talked about for thirty years...how could I reject what I've talked about for thirty years..., Ron Raul, 3-10-8, on CNN

They must NOMINATE not just endorse him for him to get their ballot access. I'm not sure "sore-loser" applies to federal elections, but only to state and local. If Ron runs indy he will not receive the LP vote they have 14 people seeking their nomination now, the CP will nominate someone else also, think they have three or 4 candidates. That means 600,000 votes plus over 1,000 hardcore activists against Ron, that he could have if he would just let them draft him,

The draft could be official on Sept.4, so all you Republican can go CAPTURE your convention for Ron. Then the third parties won't matter, Ron is in through the convention Sept. 1-4, no matter what, so keep working on the delegate route.

Now to you level headed people who realize the truth on the convention strategy. All this Indy talk is fine, but you need your butts in gear. You need about 140, 000 raw OFFICIAL petition signatures in Texas by May 12. All you folkes who hate 3rd parties and want a indy race better head on down to Tx on your coffee break. Texas is a crucial state and you must be on the ballot there. The LP is on the ballot in TX already. By the way when you finish TX just move over to NM = 30,000 and AZ = 40,000 by June 4 (oh,yes LP is already on in AZ & NM) and then there are only 47 more states plus DC to go. Now WHO volunteers ??!!!??

Don't get me wrong friends I know it can be done, but it will take so much out of us and we need that and more for a professional campaign ! U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) for President ! What does a label matter, he'll be on the ballot with that (R-TX) by his name in print media...

Which ever approach you take we all need to get back revved up in these primary states and get him votes and new support. Someone posted they sent two tons of campaign materials to PA, if so we need to help get it before the voters. (that's part of your campaign donations needing to be distributed) Viva La R(3VOl)ution !!!

OptionsTrader
03-11-2008, 03:45 AM
http://www.lp.org/media/article_545.shtml
http://www.lpconvention.org/

OptionsTrader
03-11-2008, 03:46 AM
The 2008 Libertarian National Convention will be held in Denver, Colorado over Memorial Day weekend from May 22 to May 26, 2008.