PDA

View Full Version : This is what has to happen to make an impact.

matterweisen
03-06-2008, 02:01 AM
We need to have a demonstration at the GOP convention. hell, why not have demonstrations at the Dem and the Gop conventions?!

http://www.rense.com/general81/prr.htm

To summarize the article: a march on D.C. would do nothing, no media will report, the politicians dont care, the money changers laugh at us, it will be very expensive and wasted effort. imagine 250k people surrounding the GOP convention? The world media WILL be at the conventions, we can make an impact in front of millions. imagine thousands of banners. it would be incredible.

im definately going to go to minneapolis-st.paul for the GOP sept 1-4

who thinks this is a good idea? and whos going with me?

Flirple
03-06-2008, 02:10 AM
We need to have a demonstration at the GOP convention. hell, why not have demonstrations at the Dem and the Gop conventions?!

To summarize the article: a march on D.C. would do nothing, no media will report, the politicians dont care, the money changers laugh at us, it will be very expensive and wasted effort. imagine 250k people surrounding the GOP convention? The world media WILL be at the conventions, we can make an impact in front of millions. imagine thousands of banners. it would be incredible.

who thinks this is a good idea? and whos going with me?

I've been singing this tune for a while now. I mean, I will support any official march that is decided. But it is my opinion that the official march should be at the Convention in Minneapolis. Basically for the same reasons you just mentioned. If they decide to have one in DC I will be there. But I just think it is WAY more effective to maximize our impact at the media infested convention. Plus, we will be putting our money into the local private economy of Minneapolis instead of the federal parasitic metropolis that is DC.

Highstreet
03-06-2008, 02:16 AM
It could be a great idea.

I think it should be supplimentary to Trying To Get Into the Convention.....ie. as a delegate, volunteer, or being hired by the GOP.

The GOP Needs Volunteers for the Convention:
http://msp2008.com/volunteer.php

berrybunches
03-06-2008, 02:35 AM
I was thinking about going to the convention anyway with my Ron Paul signs.
We should get to making some plans on how we can bus a bunch of us over there.

It should not be expensive or time consuming to do this. Someone make a web site for it (I can if you want, although it will look like a 2 year old designed it lol). Make some youtube videos, organize a ride share forum, look into alternative transportation, spread the word to meetups. I think this is great!

Paulite
03-06-2008, 03:00 AM
in 2004 hundreds were encarcerated in NYC for protesting i believe. there are clips in alex jones rise of a police state.

but i like the idea

Flirple
03-06-2008, 07:05 PM
in 2004 hundreds were encarcerated in NYC for protesting i believe. there are clips in alex jones rise of a police state.

but i like the idea

I'm not necessarily calling for any sort of "protest". But rather, many tens of thousands of rEVOLutionaries showing their support for Ron Paul. A positive rather than a negative.

Akus
03-06-2008, 07:12 PM

who thinks this is a good idea? and whos going with me?I am very iffy about it. Out of the thousands and may be even hundred of thousands of people, one guy, just one, will hold "9/11 was an inside job" or "Illuminati controls the Earth" or "Tell Jews to stop running USA" type signs and that is all that media will pickup.

Seriously, we will be portrayed as far left anarchist racist kooks even if only one of the 250000 people there were actually one.

OferNave
03-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Yes, thank you. A rally and/or march at the GOP convention in St. Paul, Minnesota in Sep is far Far FAR more important than any number of rallies/marches of any size in D.C. I know lots of people who have been preaching this message for a while to no avail because of the D.C. March momentum. It's even more ridiculous since there's like 3-4 different dates being planned by different groups.

We could storm St. Paul, it's not a big town, never gets attention, we can pack the place and surround the damn convention, set up booths everwhere, make it Liberty, USA for a few days. And without Bush's boys keeping us off the front lawn.

Mordan
03-06-2008, 08:25 PM
definitely

bulloncoins
03-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I remember the Bush (41) convention here in Houston at the Astrodome when he ran against Clinton.

Protesters were first forced into an area which had been fenced off by chain link fence. Then a riot broke out with police in riot gear beating the hell out of a lot of people and arresting a bunch. That was then....early 90's.

How do you think they would react now?

This is a bad idea. If you go, expect that there will be trouble.

I am telling the truth here......it would be a totally different scene than a march on DC.

Ask anyone who went to the Republican National Convention in Houston for George Bush Senior.

Flirple
03-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I am very iffy about it. Out of the thousands and may be even hundred of thousands of people, one guy, just one, will hold "9/11 was an inside job" or "Illuminati controls the Earth" or "Tell Jews to stop running USA" type signs and that is all that media will pickup.

Seriously, we will be portrayed as far left anarchist racist kooks even if only one of the 250000 people there were actually one.

Yes that is always a problem/concern. Same with a DC march. I suppose my point of view is that the nuts tend to be more passionate and motivated so it is important that the rest of us show up in numbers so we water down their impact. Because they will likely be their regardless. And if we are not their then they will be the majority that is representing Dr. Paul.

Cleaner44
03-07-2008, 08:01 PM
I love the idea! Overwhelm the GOP convention.