PDA

View Full Version : It's not our imagination. Ron Paul is uber-popular outside of the RP forums.

RP08
08-16-2007, 06:54 PM
I just checked out another forum dedicated to electronics with a LOT of users and activity, and there was a random thread in the off-topic area about a current Federally-funded subject, and Ron Paul was getting talked up. One fleeting mention of Kucinich and all negative about all other candidates.

I was actually VERY surprised to see how many people "in the wild" know about him and appreciate him.

angelatc
08-16-2007, 07:07 PM
I spotted A wild post in a Field & Stream blog. Apparently the fishermen like the idea of being able to carry guns while fishing in federal bear territory.

Matt Collins
08-16-2007, 07:40 PM
HA!

You should check out:
http://hannity.com/forum/

Hook
08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
HA!

You should check out:

Uh, which one? I can't spend all day trudging through that mess. :)

RP08
08-16-2007, 07:53 PM
HA!

You should check out:

Yea, "in the wild" doesn't lend itself to heavily-influenced anti-liberty sites like Hannity forums or others, eh?

I feel bad for these guys who support candidates based on their talking points instead of their long-term record and true stance, yet many of them recommend looking at long-term mutual fund performance for their invesment recommendations. Hypocracy? Surely not sir <sarcasm>

*heh*

foofighter20x
08-16-2007, 07:56 PM
I know.

Ron Paul Forums and the like are like refuges.
Hannity's site and the like zoos. :p

Every where else I'd consider to be "in the wild."

DisabledVet
08-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I spotted A wild post in a Field & Stream blog. Apparently the fishermen like the idea of being able to carry guns while fishing in federal bear territory.

Yeah kinda nice to know you might have a chance when the bear tries to steal your fish...I know...the bastard tracked me for almost a half mile once...almost had to climb a tree...lol

american.swan
08-16-2007, 08:56 PM
HA!

You should check out:

So funny. Love it. Great place to chat and spread the Freedom Message.

I think I'll create an account there with the following signature....

[I am going to vote for freedom. Guess who I am voting for?]

tmg19103
08-16-2007, 10:13 PM
I belong to several gun forums that have over 50,000 members each and a ton of members have Ron Paul stuff under their signatures.

There are also more than a few positive RP threads on these forums. The hardcore gun guys who make gun rights their single or top issue for voting seem to really like RP. Problem is more than a few pro-gun types are also for the Iraq war so I don't think RP will own the pro-gun crowd, but on the gun issue alone he is by far the best candidate.

zhughes315
08-16-2007, 10:14 PM
I frequently visit the politics forum at honda-tech.com and he is wildly popular over there too.

Eric21ND
08-17-2007, 12:17 AM
There is a lot of Ron Paul support in the young male demographic (20-35). I frequent a forum dedicated to Ultimate Fighting with 100,000+ members and Ron Paul threads pop up on there and get great responses.

Here's the forum:

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=SetMasterFrame&FID=2&PID=2

michaelwise
08-17-2007, 12:39 AM
I have already realized this. Lots of people have different interests, other than congregating on this forum. They have other places they congregate to talk about Ron Paul. Why do you think the MSM fears us so much. Because Ron Paul is everywhere.

michaelwise
08-17-2007, 01:06 AM
We have so many eyes and ears everywhere now, that nothing escapes our web. They should rename the Internet; The Ron Paul World Wide Web.

ghemminger
08-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Yeah my cousin said he posts a Ron Paul video on a sports forum and he said, "ALL these supporters came out of the woodwork...had like 100 posts last he checked...." I'm getting excited!!!

AMack
08-17-2007, 08:03 AM
I was putting RP fliers on people's doorsteps the other day at a condo complex (about 50 condos). Most people were gone, so I didn't talk to many. But, one of the two people I talked to immediately said "Ron Paul? You're preaching to the choir! I love that guy!"

Made me feel good =)

noxagol
08-17-2007, 08:47 AM
I was driving on the interstate the other day and saw a van driving with a Ron Paul sign taped to the inside of their back window. As I passed them I gave the guys a thumbs up and then they saw my red, white, and blue RONPAUL2008 written on the back of my window. That made my day, it really really did.

Trance Dance Master
08-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Ron Paul's message of freedom is spreading like wildfire across the country.

LibertyEagle
08-17-2007, 09:07 AM
We have so many eyes and ears everywhere now, that nothing escapes our web. They should rename the Internet; The Ron Paul World Wide Web.

Ron Paul is everywhere on the web. But, walk out the front door and ask people. Very few have heard of Ron Paul. I mean, seriously. There is a huge population out there who doesn't spend their lives on the net. We have to get to these people. Gun shows, concerts, any and all places where people congregate. Hand out campaign literature, set up tables.... we've got to do it all. Even so far as going door-to-door with door hangers or handing out literature. We don't stand a chance in hades unless we're willing to do this.

Bro.Butch
08-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Ron Paul is everywhere on the web. But, walk out the front door and ask people. Very few have heard of Ron Paul. I mean, seriously. There is a huge population out there who doesn't spend their lives on the net. We have to get to these people. Gun shows, concerts, any and all places where people congregate. Hand out campaign literature, set up tables.... we've got to do it all. Even so far as going door-to-door with door hangers or handing out literature. We don't stand a chance in hades unless we're willing to do this.

THX Eagle, that's it in a nutshell. Sadly the MSM won't help us, we have to do it where we live first and then help in our county and state if we can. Door to door & waiting rooms lit. drops & handing it out at events will spread the message. Yard/road signs help on name ID ! The nation will truly start to pay attention from Labor Day on to voting dates. It's now until winter for us or it will be another major DISAPPOINTMENT. :( The IL results encourages me enormously !:) Let's try to get active locally friends...

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-17-2007, 10:22 AM
I saw a Ron Paul bumper sticker on Wednesday on my way to work.

Today, I saw a house in the Myers Park section of Charlotte (wealthy area), along Providence Road (major thoroughfare) with two Ron Paul signs in the front lawn. I don't know if the people that live there are involved in the meet-up group or not.

Santana28
08-17-2007, 10:27 AM
hey, i work at a mall and i am proud to say that i saw my first car with a Ron Paul bumper sticker yesterday, besides my own! It was even a home-made printed version.

As soon as i start seeing at least one a day, i'll be satisfied ;)

marcodee
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Wasn't sure if this was worthy of a thread, i posted it this morning at 01:41 am in the ILL straw poll thread. Good to see someone did.

nullvalu
08-17-2007, 01:02 PM
HA!

You should check out:

And make sure to direct any Fred Thompson supporters there to http://fredthompsonforum.com..

Bob Cochran
08-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Mitt Romney is just about certain to buy himself the GOP nomination, not much anyone without billions of $$$ can do about that.

It would be super cool to see Ron Paul run as an Independent AND WIN.

Lesgov
08-17-2007, 01:56 PM
It would be super cool to see the people come out and vote. There are some things that money can't buy.
We only need 50,000 votes in NH to do it, that seems attainable to me.