PDA

View Full Version : Orange County, CA Central Committee Update

Allan Bartlett
03-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I just wanted to give an update to the Ron Paul Forum regulars on what's been happening locally here in Orange County, CA. I've been leading the charge to get our Ron Paul activists to run for the OC GOP Central Committee. I don't have the final numbers yet on how many of our people qualified, but we are making an impact. There are 54 total elected positions available and it looks like we will have candidates for about 20 of those positions at this point. The key for all of us who were so inspired by Ron's message is to keep fighting the battles. McCain might be the putative GOP nominee, but we are going to have an impact here locally. I want to close with sharing an email I got today from one of our candidates and my response to her...

As we're approaching the March 7th filing deadline for all candidates running for office, I wanted to share with my readers an email I received today from Krissy Alonzo who is running for the GOP Central Committee in the 67th District. These are the kind of quality people this Presidential campaign is bringing back into the GOP. I know how you felt Krissy when you got a little choked up, raised your right hand, and swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic. Here's the email:

Hi Allan,

My name is Kristine Alonzo and I am running for OC Central Committee for the 67th district. I turned in my signatures today (37!!!!). I raised my right hand and swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic. I have to tell you, I got choked up. What a privilege and what an awesome responsibility, even at the Central Committee level! :)

I want to somehow get a thank you out to all of the wonderful Ron Paul supporters who helped me collect signatures. With my schedule, it simply would not have been possible to collect as many as I did without all of the help. Lyle DeVore, Gabe and Claudia (also from Huntington Beach) and Justine Sneddon collected so many signatures for me! They are awesome! And then, of course, there were many people who drove to my husband's office simply to sign my sheet. With such a devoted and organized group of people, I know the Ron Paul Revolution has only just begun!

Please assist me in thanking these dear folks by forwarding my email to the meet-up groups of HB, Cypress, LB, etc... I really appreciate your help. Thanks so much!

Krissy Alonzo
Candidate for Central Committee
67th District

It's my pleasure Krissy. Thanks for all your hard work. I look forward to your help in getting the GOP backs to its root message of limited constitutional government.

http://powderbluereport.blogspot.com

UnitedWeStand
03-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Whoa, should you give out her identity on a public forum?

Allan Bartlett
03-06-2008, 01:42 AM
We're running for public office. She wanted Ron Paul activists to know her thanks for all our help.

molly_pitcher
03-06-2008, 07:30 AM
bump