PDA

View Full Version : Martial Law Scenario

OptionsTrader
03-06-2008, 12:13 AM
I am not a gun owner myself, but I completely understand the 2nd amendment and support it of course. That said, my question is what are you folks going to really do in the event that martial law is declared and you are asked to leave your home, and leave your weapons behind, and are commanded to leave your neighborhood via a bus or whatever? I am honestly just trying to play out scenarios in my mind, and am reminded that in Louisiana the citizens were disarmed and left defenseless against crime.

Primbs
03-06-2008, 12:43 AM
I would like to hear experiences from New Orleans about how people handled that situation.

I couldn't believe that the govt. which couldn't maintain law and order in New Orleans would spend their time going to people's houses to take their gun away.

Dequeant
03-06-2008, 12:59 AM
It will not happen like that.........but of course I would never end up on that bus.

STRATIOTES
03-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Responding to any emergency takes knowledge and experience and both can be had through organization.

Not everyone needs to be of the same discipline, what is needed is communication so those that are the instructor cadre can get the information and training to the people that need it.

Martial still needs a reason (event) to justify it, so when people are faced with a real emergency/threat they drop the every day petty behaviour as the survival instinct kicks in, making more receptive on how to survive and even prosper.

The militias of the several states already have radio communication and standard operating procedures for emergency events.

Natural disasters provide experience in dealing with catastrophic events and some militia already are first responders that use the incident command system.

All the service branches combined are still a small force compared to the continental U.S. and it's population in order to martial law to be effectively enforced it could only be done in areas of a state, and that is where mutual aid agreements come in.

The founders did not neglect such a situation in the constitution, they wrote it twice, once in article 1 sec 8 and again in the second amendment.

Every man women and child should be a riflemen or at least learn to be a relay signalmen/communications capable person.

Absolutely everyone should have a copy of the National Militia Standards, there is a live link in my sig line.

rpfreedom08
03-06-2008, 05:49 AM
Wish there was a malitia in Louisiana.

GunnyFreedom
03-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Responding to any emergency takes knowledge and experience and both can be had through organization.

Not everyone needs to be of the same discipline, what is needed is communication so those that are the instructor cadre can get the information and training to the people that need it.

Martial still needs a reason (event) to justify it, so when people are faced with a real emergency/threat they drop the every day petty behaviour as the survival instinct kicks in, making more receptive on how to survive and even prosper.

The militias of the several states already have radio communication and standard operating procedures for emergency events.

Natural disasters provide experience in dealing with catastrophic events and some militia already are first responders that use the incident command system.

All the service branches combined are still a small force compared to the continental U.S. and it's population in order to martial law to be effectively enforced it could only be done in areas of a state, and that is where mutual aid agreements come in.

The founders did not neglect such a situation in the constitution, they wrote it twice, once in article 1 sec 8 and again in the second amendment.

Every man women and child should be a riflemen or at least learn to be a relay signalmen/communications capable person.

Absolutely everyone should have a copy of the National Militia Standards, there is a live link in my sig line.

Here too, is another fine excellent organization whose organizing goal is to train every man woman and child (who wants to) in America to be a Rifleman, even if they don't own a rifle:

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Highly highly highly recommend. Even if you are already an expert rifleman, (I cam out of the USMC with an expert badge) an Appleseed is still something you need to do -- for the review, to cover topics you aven't covered yet and much more.

In USMC Boot Camp, we didn't really cover Minutes Of Angle. But that makes sense because we only had the one rifle. Understanding MOA, inches, and clicks allows me to pick up nearly any rifle in the world, zero it with a single group, and fire it accurately from that point forward.

Check out an Appleseed, they are ALL OVER. (And tell em GunnyFreedom sent you!)

Edit: The link http://www.awrm.org/nms.htm doesn't seem to connect, from RoadRunner, I can't seem to find the host. 8-(

GunnyFreedom
03-06-2008, 07:11 AM
As to the question from the OP...

There are a metric pluck-ton of potential skit-hit-the-fan (SHTF) scenarios. The response would depend on what exactly happens in the world around us.

For instance, let's examine the worst of the worst possible SHTF scenarios. In an economic meltdown that makes the Great Depression look like a missed payment on a car-note, everything goes to chaos. There are food riots, and foreclosure riots, and job riots etc. The federal government goes completely bankrupt and may as well not exist. In an effort to create 'profit protectionism' the big megacorps band together to pool resources and hire mercenary forces like Blackwater to police the population. This, predictably, devolves quickly into corporate fascism, and before long neighborhood misfits are getting dragged out of their homes by their hair, executed in their driveways, and their families are billed for the bullets.

In just such a scenario, yeah, I can assure you I'll be fighting back with every ounce of force I have at my disposal.

But you have to remember, that is one of literally millions of potential SHTF scenarios, and the responses will be as unique as the scenarios. In some scenarios, there would be no response at all. In others, it will be merely property protectionism, standing on my front porch with a rifle keeping off looters. In some scenarios, it will be neighborhood group protection, where my whole neighborhood bands together to protect ourselves from roving gangs. In yet other scenarios, I may be taking an active, aggressive role.

Who knows?

maeqFREEDOMfree
03-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Here too, is another fine excellent organization whose organizing goal is to train every man woman and child (who wants to) in America to be a Rifleman, even if they don't own a rifle:

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Highly highly highly recommend. Even if you are already an expert rifleman, (I cam out of the USMC with an expert badge) an Appleseed is still something you need to do -- for the review, to cover topics you aven't covered yet and much more.

In USMC Boot Camp, we didn't really cover Minutes Of Angle. But that makes sense because we only had the one rifle. Understanding MOA, inches, and clicks allows me to pick up nearly any rifle in the world, zero it with a single group, and fire it accurately from that point forward.

Check out an Appleseed, they are ALL OVER. (And tell em GunnyFreedom sent you!)

Edit: The link http://www.awrm.org/nms.htm doesn't seem to connect, from RoadRunner, I can't seem to find the host. 8-(

another great training opportunity => www.michiganmilitia.com

i will also not be on that bus. while i wont publish my emergency plan on the net, i am confident that when/if that day comes, i have made preperations to ensure that me and my family will be able to stay safe, supplied, and free. I truly believe that my, and my family's' freedom is worth fighting for.

maeqFREEDOMfree
03-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Wish there was a malitia in Louisiana.

start one
EDIT - check these guys out. although the fact that i could google them and find them on first page brings serious doubt to your commitment to educating yourself about your local militia, here's the link (http://www.la-st-militia-10th-brigade.org/)

or: h ttp://www.la-st-militia-10th-brigade.org/

rpfreedom08
03-06-2008, 10:20 AM
lol, I swear I went to a sight that had all the militias named by state and louisiana had none. Maybe that site was old but obviously it was wrong. Thanks for the link!

edit: mehh it looks more like a civil war reinactment club then anything else. I'll keep searching though.

http://www.constitution.org/mil/link2mil.htm, not much here in louisiana besides a broken link and an "unorginized militia". Don't think I'd be the one to start it as I don't have any military experiance not because I don't want any but because I never believed in fighting for corporatism or greed. Fighting for my consititutional rights is a differant story though.

JK/SEA
03-06-2008, 10:21 AM
http://members.tripod.com/~Sidlinger/ml.html

GunnyFreedom
03-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Wow! I just found an excellent resource in NC for militia -- and it's the kind I wanted to start myself about a year and a half ago, a truly UN-organized militia.

http://ncmilitia.org/

Doktor_Jeep
03-06-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQXQfJ9Ge6A

:rolleyes:

JK/SEA
03-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Good vid. I often think about whats going to happen in regards to how its all going to 'go down' (martial law). Will there be an increase in military vehicles blocking access to freeways? grocery stores all of a sudden guarded by local police? gas stations closing, helicopters everywhere, tanks, news blackouts, all of the above? how much warning will we have? and what will be the clues before it finally hits the fan? how will i know who i can trust if i want to join up with partisans, and start fighting back?...not sure i can truly trust some groups who claim to be Militia, for all i know they could be a set-up. Oh well...back to thinking, and getting ready.

Starting to stock pile dried beans, AND AMMO.

GunnyFreedom
03-06-2008, 03:10 PM
A good friend of mine at Liberty's Price is involved with a group food buy. If you want to stockpile food, I'd suggest you get in on this. It closes TODAY:

http://www.libertysprice.org/yabbse/index.php?topic=3974.0

Now you'll have to sign on as a member and PM CabinBoy to participate, but these canned meats are at AWESOME prices right now...

This group food buy looks like a good deal to me. YMMV

The folks at Liberty's Price do group buys from time to time, and I have gotten the best stuff att he lowest priced by participating.

We had an Ammo group buy not too long ago, and I got 1000 rds of M855 62gr 5.56 NATO for $230. Amazing! Amazing!

charger
03-06-2008, 03:23 PM
How do you guys even think you have a chance to resist the beast. I remember news reports when they were interviewing troops in Iraq. They said and I quote "we rule the night".
They have night vision capabilities that would make any oposition a sitting duck.
Better to just fall in line and pray they take you and your family to the same holding facility.

Dr.3D
03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
How do you guys even think you have a chance to resist the beast. I remember news reports when they were interviewing troops in Iraq. They said and I quote "we rule the night".
They have night vision capabilities that would make any oposition a sitting duck.
Better to just fall in line and pray they take you and your family to the same holding facility.

I have night vision capabilities too. :)

Matt
03-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Be careful with militias, I have it on good authority that there isn't a single one that isn't infiltrated by the Feds. When the black helicopters start following you around you'll know, lol.

There's a big difference between having a group of friends that you go shooting with and parading around in camo attracting attention if you know what I mean. ;)

Deborah K
03-06-2008, 05:10 PM

I don't want to live in a world like that, thank you very much. You can guard yourselves against an economic collapse and even profit from it like the wealthy will, if you educate yourselves. Where do you think the money goes when an economy collapses? Do you think it just disappears? NO. It changes hands!

I think the ultimate goal is to merge our country with mexico and canada. In order to get the average moron -dumbass with his/her head currently in the sand on these issues to go along with it, they will have to orchestrate an economic collapse like they did in 1929.

The one thing that gives me solace is that there are more of us than there are of them. There are over 65 million gun owners in this country right now. NRA and the NGOA have unbelievable membership numbers. Most gun owners have a survivalist mentality, lots are former military and police. I'm a minuteman, so I can tell you, many of the ten thousand members of MCDC would never tolerate a military type action against the citizenry.

However, it doesn't mean we're out of the woods on this. With the suspension of habeas corpus and posse commitatus and the new Civil Assistance Plan that allows mexican and canadian military to be used against us on our own soil, and several other plans to oppress and control us, we need a plan of our own.

What if they shut down sections of the internet? Don't think they can't do it. How would we find eachother again and galvanize against this? We need to set up a data base with contact information in it. We need HAM radios and an underground communications system. We need a centralized group of leaders we can turn to. We need a plan of action:

1. Prepare for economic collapse
2. Gather with other like-minded people .
3. Set up a bartering and leadership system in your community. This can be done with HAM radio operators, meet up members, gun club members, etc. All survivalist types.
4. Try and talk some sense into the media zombies in your life, including any police and military people you may know.

It's really all up to us whether the establishment gets away with this or not.

OddballAZ
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't want to live in a world like that, thank you very much. You can guard yourselves against an economic collapse and even profit from it like the wealthy will, if you educate yourselves. Where do you think the money goes when an economy collapses? Do you think it just disappears? NO. It changes hands!

I think the ultimate goal is to merge our country with mexico and canada. In order to get the average moron -dumbass with his/her head currently in the sand on these issues to go along with it, they will have to orchestrate an economic collapse like they did in 1929.

The one thing that gives me solace is that there are more of us than there are of them. There are over 65 million gun owners in this country right now. NRA and the NGOA have unbelievable membership numbers. Most gun owners have a survivalist mentality, lots are former military and police. I'm a minuteman, so I can tell you, many of the ten thousand members of MCDC would never tolerate a military type action against the citizenry.

However, it doesn't mean we're out of the woods on this. With the suspension of habeas corpus and posse commitatus and the new Civil Assistance Plan that allows mexican and canadian military to be used against us on our own soil, and several other plans to oppress and control us, we need a plan of our own.

What if they shut down sections of the internet? Don't think they can't do it. How would we find eachother again and galvanize against this? We need to set up a data base with contact information in it. We need HAM radios and an underground communications system. We need a centralized group of leaders we can turn to. We need a plan of action:

1. Prepare for economic collapse
2. Gather with other like-minded people .
3. Set up a bartering and leadership system in your community. This can be done with HAM radio operators, meet up members, gun club members, etc. All survivalist types.
4. Try and talk some sense into the media zombies in your life, including any police and military people you may know.

It's really all up to us whether the establishment gets away with this or not.

+1

I'm also a member of the MCDC (Just joined not long ago in Tucson AZ). From what I've seen, the Federal Government isn't going to do a damn thing to fix the problems right now. They are allowing the economic collapse. Even under the Fed's BS fiat money system you don't lower interest rates in the face of high inflation. That is just going to make the inflation worse and appease the stock market temporarily. They are pushing towards an NAU. Why else would they be trying to offer amnesty to people in the country illegally? Jorge Bush just sent a bunch of money to Mexico to help them secure Mexico's SOUTHERN border! That's part of the NAU! Something needs to be done. If the government isn't going to do it, then we the people need to.

maeqFREEDOMfree
03-07-2008, 12:17 PM
MCDC? what's that an acronym for? is there a website?
thanks in advance

found it: h ttp://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/

mordechai
03-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I agree. I'm a member of mcdc. I personally can only believe the government has been infiltrated by traitors.

I believe the economy is meant to tank, therefore "justifying" the switch to NAU, and the "Amero."

I've said before, there is no need for things to have gone as they did economically. So, right now is the time to prepare.