PDA

View Full Version : How to be elected to be a delegate at the state level

UnitedWeStand
03-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I have a couple of ideas, but want to hear yours too, please.

1. Join local republican groups. I was invited to join a republican womens' club by a fellow poll worker the other night. Dress up, blend in, and become one of the good ol boys. This will help at the next convention because they will be more likely to elect someone they know, or have seen.

Another thing about these local groups is that local candidates parade themselves to them, and you can find out about them and ask them questions.

If you are considering running yourself at any point in the future, you have to be a good ol boy first.

If you havent been invited =) you might tell them -----

a.That you are pursuing a political science degree and want to get involved with local politics to learn more about how the system works. Also, that you looking for a mentor in your studies.

b. that you couldn't just complain about "things" anymore, that you decided to get involved to try to make the country a better place.

c.that you don't have any higher political aspirations (unless you do of course)--that you just want to do your duty as a republican to help the party and educate other people in your community to get them to understand more about how they party works and to get more people interested in volunteering and donating (hehe)

Many of the active people in the lower eschelons of the gop will eat this up! They want help, they want young/new people to care, they hate mccain themselves im sure-- how can you be so involved as a conservative and not hate him? hmm? Im not going to mention this when I go, however, at least not yet=)>

So what else can we do to become a good ol boy who gets elected to higher delegate positions?

runderwo
03-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Who wants a political science degree? PoliSci graduates from state funded universities comprise most of today's political establishment. It's how the state self-perpetuates.

UnitedWeStand
03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Who wants a political science degree? PoliSci graduates from state funded universities comprise most of today's political establishment. It's how the state self-perpetuates.

It was just an idea to smooth your way into one of these local clubs. I'm not suggesting anyone lie, but if you are "pursuing" any degree, or planning on taking a political science class electively in the future-- why not "seek a mentor" that will be helping elect you as a state/national delegate?

MikeStanart
03-06-2008, 12:06 AM

I'm from A&M, and I wouldn't necessarily agree with that statement.