PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC: What ever happened to Ron Paul?

wgadget
03-05-2008, 10:00 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23485858/

Pretty good read.

AJ Antimony
03-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I like how they link to John "Miss South Carolina" McCAin

joemiller
03-05-2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23485858/

Pretty good read.

It's a pretty good read for a political epitaph. But I think Ron Paul has accomplished what he needed to accomplish...he has started the spark that has awakened the conscience of the People. It is now time for us to pick up the mantel and carry it forward.

One thing we have learned is that the present leadership of the Republican Party no longer represents conservative values and must be replaced, the quicker the better. It is to this task we must dedicate ourselves in the coming months. We must take our place in the Republican Party structure at the county level, at the state level and at the national level. The R3volution depends on all Ron Paul supporters getting their names on their local ballot for precinct committee seats. The R3volution depends on Ron Paul supporters placing their names on the ballot for "State" representatives to their State Republican Parties. Once the state parties are controlled, the RNC will be next. This can all be accomplished by the off-elections of 2010. By 2012, the Republican Party will be in a position to support Dr. Paul's message.

It's like Nixon once said..." Grab them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."

joe

fairverona
03-05-2008, 10:35 PM
This is a great quote:

"[Jacob Bofferding] added, 'Conditions in this country will have to improve before the American people accept an intellectual campaign similar to Paul's, versus the personality cult of Obama.'"

Great summary of the two campaigns. I've had Obama supporters dare to accuse me and Paul followers in general of being a cult of personality. What a joke.

hyoomen
03-05-2008, 10:42 PM
It's a pretty good read for a political epitaph. But I think Ron Paul has accomplished what he needed to accomplish...he has started the spark that has awakened the conscience of the People. It is now time for us to pick up the mantel and carry it forward.

One thing we have learned is that the present leadership of the Republican Party no longer represents conservative values and must be replaced, the quicker the better. It is to this task we must dedicate ourselves in the coming months. We must take our place in the Republican Party structure at the county level, at the state level and at the national level. The R3volution depends on all Ron Paul supporters getting their names on their local ballot for precinct committee seats. The R3volution depends on Ron Paul supporters placing their names on the ballot for "State" representatives to their State Republican Parties. Once the state parties are controlled, the RNC will be next. This can all be accomplished by the off-elections of 2010. By 2012, the Republican Party will be in a position to support Dr. Paul's message.

It's like Nixon once said..." Grab them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."

joeExactly my sentiment.

Now that I know how easy some of our success was in TX, though, I really want to dedicate our little Lone Star crew to assisting Pennsylvania and other states to rock their primaries, too.

joemiller
03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Exactly my sentiment.

Now that I know how easy some of our success was in TX, though, I really want to dedicate our little Lone Star crew to assisting Pennsylvania and other states to rock their primaries, too.

Just make sure your name is on your local ballot for your precinct committee seat before you run off to Pennsylvania. In most cases, qualifing for these postions will be in early July so you have plenty of time to do both.

But my point is this, making an impact in Pennsylvania is good, but organizing a precinct-by-precinct, nation-wide coordinated effort to place Ron Paul supporters as precinct committee men and women in every GOP precinct across this nation will be the true R3volution, a R3volution that will carry Ron Paul's message far beyond Pennsylvania.

joe

wgadget
03-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Pennsylvania would make a fine battlefield for the Revolution...Ron's birthplace and good timing for his book debut.

Primbs
03-05-2008, 11:23 PM
It was a great article. I watched the television interview of Ron Paul on Meet the Press. That was a tough interview of him. I am not sure he won many voters with that.

Hondarider76
03-05-2008, 11:29 PM
It was actuallynot tripe!!!!! Holy cow.

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2008, 12:02 AM
This is what that story was really about:

Despite McCain having clinched the nomination, Paul said Wednesday he’ll continue his Republican presidential bid.

“I’m still involved, nothing has changed,” he said in an interview just off the House floor Wednesday afternoon.

Paul said he planned to continue travelling around the country spreading his limited government creed.

Will he speak at the convention?
The Texan said he hadn’t spoken to McCain recently, but would like to address the Republican national convention this summer “if somebody wanted me to. It would be nice. I always assumed it would be unlikely. They might not want to me to.” He said he had 40 or 50 delegates pledged to him.

Paul also said he’d probably not place a phone call to McCain to congratulate him on clinching the Republican nomination.

“I just never call anybody. I’m just not good calling up people” he explained.

He can not support McCain because “I don’t consider his positions to be part of the traditional Republican conservative platform.”

I'm just a bit skeptical as to if the wording of McCain "cinching the republican nomination" is what was asked. Maybe "McCain's win tonight" was the real question asked, and an editor with an agenda spun the wording...

The comment about hoping to be able to speak at the convention wasn't encouraging, though...

On page 2 they give links to 2 Paul related stories:

Oct 31st 2007
and
Feb 9th, 2008 (I believe)

see how much coverage this Media outlet gives us?

-n

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2008, 12:03 AM
It was a great article. I watched the television interview of Ron Paul on Meet the Press. That was a tough interview of him. I am not sure he won many voters with that.

YouTube or it didn't happen!

please?

-n

DFF
03-06-2008, 12:36 AM
I thought he did exceptionally well with Tim Russert. He was cool, calm and collected and made no apologies throughout the entire interview.

In response to the question posed by this MSNBC article --

Diebold (AKA Priemier) + MSM Blackout = What happened to Ron Paul(s) candidacy.

HollyforRP
03-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Whatever. Not only did the media shut out Ron Paul but they shut out their own viewers as well.

I'm still insulted. :mad:

Rhys
03-06-2008, 01:31 AM
with all the talk of CFR and all, it's nice to know there are peope out there who hear the message.

Akus
03-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Will he speak at the convention?
The Texan said he hadn’t spoken to McCain recently, but would like to address the Republican national convention this summer “if somebody wanted me to. It would be nice. I always assumed it would be unlikely. They might not want to me to.” He said he had 40 or 50 delegates pledged to him.

I think ROn Paul, if he cares about his grassroots busting their asses for him, absolutely must speak at the convention. He has to be sounding as Presidential as possible. He has to be as sharp a contrast to McCain as black is a constrast to white. And did I mention that he has got to sound presidential?

chelu
03-06-2008, 01:37 AM
define "presidential"? that thinking is the same kind of crap that gave us the term "electability". Being "presidential" has nothing to do with sounding and speaking a certain way. If I wanted a performer over a presider, I would go join the personality cult of the Obamessiah and the rest of his flock.

Akus
03-06-2008, 01:39 AM
define "presidential"? that thinking is the same kind of crap that gave us the term "electability". Being "presidential" has nothing to do with sounding and speaking a certain way. If I wanted a performer over a presider, I would go join the personality cult of the Obamessiah and the rest of his flock.

Romney people, back when Romney was still running, said about his speech at the Republican gala in some Christian University that had he talked like he talked back then he'd be wider known and would get more votes. I hope someone knows what I'm talking about, but it was a real shining moment for RP.

Jamsie 567
03-06-2008, 01:54 AM
The article is now down must of got to much traffic it's a shame I missed it. The only good news is Ron Paul news.

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2008, 01:59 AM
It's still there - but I've noticed a lot of Internet connection problems tonight....

-n