PDA

View Full Version : Open GOP Convention - please read

LEK
03-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Has anyone seen this website: Open GOP Convention
h ttp://opengopconvention.com/

They are pushing for a Dark Horse candidate to take the convention. There is a poll at the bottom of the page for you to select who you would want as that candidate. Incredibly Ron Paul isn't on the list BUT you can write in a name for the "other" slot.

I wrote in Ron Paul as my first and only choice.

Would y'all do the same?

The site is an interesting read in that it gives examples of past Dark Horse candidates upsetting the GOP convention. It is also quite anti-McCain.

Thanks...

nate895
03-05-2008, 09:15 PM
I voted Ron Paul on the poll, but I did put Mark Sanford as my number two.

LEK
03-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I voted Ron Paul on the poll, but I did put Mark Sanford as my number two.

Hi fellow South Carolinian :)

nate895
03-05-2008, 09:20 PM

I have relatives down there, haven't talked to them since the last family reunion 5 years ago, though.

damon04
03-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Bump

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
It's a BIG red flag that they don't mention Dr. Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm researching the 'Patriot PAC' that is mentioned in the tagline
at the bottom of the page.

Be careful revealing who you are and that you're a Ron Paul
delegate (if that be the case).

Margo37
03-05-2008, 09:36 PM

Same here and it said I'd already voted, I didn't, I just saw this 4 minutes ago.

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-05-2008, 09:39 PM
It's OK if they take McCain delegates away from McCain but
we 100% don't want to let them [openGOPconvention] to
change Paul's delegate or take what could be Paul delegates.

smartguy911
03-05-2008, 10:05 PM
thanks for the link..

RSLudlum
03-05-2008, 10:10 PM

make that three of us :D

RSLudlum
03-05-2008, 10:23 PM

Feingold had a PAC called the Progressive Patriot PAC...just a coincidence?

nate895
03-05-2008, 11:11 PM
bump

pinkmandy
03-05-2008, 11:15 PM

I agree. I get the feeling delegate info is being fished for heavily- here and elsewhere. If you are a delegate, trust no one new. Don't give info on the phone, don't sign up for stuff...just stay STEALTH.

LEK
03-06-2008, 07:33 AM

Do you think it's OK to write him in?

And...what's a PAC?

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Do you think it's OK to write him in?

And...what's a PAC?

I wrote him.
I just wouldn't give all my info.

OferNave
03-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Ron Paul is mentioned once on the page, in this paragraph:

"At this stage in the 2008 presidential election, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, and Ron Paul and other, more CONSERVATIVE candidates are still on ballots in remaining state contests — AND A VOTE FOR ONE OF THEM STILL IS A STRONG MESSAGE THAT THE RANK-AND-FILE REJECTS JOHN MCCAIN, AND WANTS the delegates at OUR convention to draft a "true" conservative leader as our standard bearer."

Still, they should add him to the poll. Maybe if we all email them?

OferNave
03-06-2008, 11:34 AM
There appears to be no contact info on the site. I whois on opengopconvention.com reveals this:

Registrant Contact:
Patriot PAC
E. L. Alexander (elalexander@live.com)
+1.2812429800
Fax:
4850 Wright Road
Ste.168
Stafford, TX 77477
US

Ball
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
The registrar lives in Stafford, TX.

He knows who Ron is, obviously. Use your brain guys. This isn't a public service.

We have a plan come convention time, but we have to keep these things private so McCain will stay asleep and stop campaining.

Only concern yourselves with gaining delegates. It's all about the delegates.

Bump every thread with "delegates"

Ball
03-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I agree. I get the feeling delegate info is being fished for heavily- here and elsewhere. If you are a delegate, trust no one new. Don't give info on the phone, don't sign up for stuff...just stay STEALTH.

+1

Live Free or Die
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
There appears to be no contact info on the site. I whois on opengopconvention.com reveals this:

Registrant Contact:
Patriot PAC
E. L. Alexander (elalexander@live.com)
+1.2812429800
Fax:
4850 Wright Road
Ste.168
Stafford, TX 77477
US

That's American Caging, Inc. and we'd be wise to stay far away. I don't have time right now to write it all out, but please google the company, plus one or more of the following keywords: "Alan Keyes," Minutemen, Simcox, scandal, audit.

dannno
03-06-2008, 01:29 PM
And...what's a PAC?
Political Action Committee

TruthAtLast
03-06-2008, 02:43 PM

i did the same.

Are they tracking browser cookies or just IP addresses. If it is cookies, we can delete them and vote over and over again. If it is IP addresses, I'm going to vote at home, and at work, and go to some wifi spots and vote, and login through some of my remote servers and vote, and login through vtunnel and vote.... :D

theantirobot
03-06-2008, 03:44 PM

fec.gov reveals us all.

evilfunnystuff
03-06-2008, 03:50 PM
ding

warispeace
03-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Has anyone seen this website: Open GOP Convention
h ttp://opengopconvention.com/

They are pushing for a Dark Horse candidate to take the convention. There is a poll at the bottom of the page for you to select who you would want as that candidate. Incredibly Ron Paul isn't on the list BUT you can write in a name for the "other" slot.

Would y'all do the same?

The site is an interesting read in that it gives examples of past Dark Horse candidates upsetting the GOP convention. It is also quite anti-McCain.

Thanks...
I did the same yesterday. Write in Ron Paul #1. Submit.

warispeace
03-06-2008, 04:01 PM

They DO mention RP, but he's not in the poll because of this:

"We're therefore running our own online preference poll to gauge possible choices (listed alphabetically), beyond those given us by the media and the party. (Hence we're not listing the above four choices.)"

He's one of the "above four choices" apparently "given to us by the media and the party." What a joke! Write in Ron Paul!!!

ToryNotion
03-06-2008, 04:14 PM
At this stage in the 2008 presidential election, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, and Ron Paul and other, more CONSERVATIVE candidates are still on ballots in remaining state contests — AND A VOTE FOR ONE OF THEM STILL IS A STRONG MESSAGE THAT THE RANK-AND-FILE REJECTS JOHN MCCAIN, AND WANTS the delegates at OUR convention to draft a "true" conservative leader as our standard bearer.

The sites home page does mention RP as still running...

warispeace
03-06-2008, 04:47 PM
The sites home page does mention RP as still running...
"At this stage in the 2008 presidential election, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, and Ron Paul and other, more CONSERVATIVE candidates are still on ballots in remaining state contests — AND A VOTE FOR ONE OF THEM STILL IS A STRONG MESSAGE THAT THE RANK-AND-FILE REJECTS JOHN MCCAIN, AND WANTS the delegates at OUR convention to draft a "true" conservative leader as our standard bearer."

Who's more conservative than Ron Paul??? And Romney and Huckster are "conservative"? NOT!

LEK
03-06-2008, 05:41 PM
I wrote him.
I just wouldn't give all my info.

Gotcha...anyhow, I have no info. to give.

But just adding my 2 cents and writing him in is ok, right?

I don't want to do anything that would cause problems...

TruthAtLast
03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
They DO mention RP, but he's not in the poll because of this:

"We're therefore running our own online preference poll to gauge possible choices (listed alphabetically), beyond those given us by the media and the party. (Hence we're not listing the above four choices.)"

He's one of the "above four choices" apparently "given to us by the media and the party." What a joke! Write in Ron Paul!!!

haha. isn't Ron Paul the very definition of a dark horse? lol

nate895
03-06-2008, 06:53 PM

Who's more conservative than Ron Paul??? And Romney and Huckster are "conservative"? NOT!

If you look at the list, it shows them in rank of conservative (last (Romney) to first (Ron Paul or other), and there probably is someone out there who is more conservative than Ron Paul, just no one has ever heard of him, and he is probably insane.

Ricochet
03-16-2008, 08:43 PM
They have deleted all of the Ron Paul write in votes. There was a bunch too.

libertythor
03-16-2008, 08:55 PM
On the results page write-ins are listed, and none are shown for Ron Paul. What a crock. I just wrote him in and had Mark Sanford in 2nd, Alan Keyes 3rd.

http://opengopconvention.com/poll.php?sent=1

soapmistress
03-16-2008, 09:04 PM
AHA! They want a Dark Horse to gain the nomination so that it will be someone more conservative, willing to close the border and purchase their fencing materials is what it looks like. They know that McCain will never follow through on shutting the border

soapmistress
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Not their fencing materials but the people dealing with the Minutemen.

And why anti-paul? Because he would never go for the detainment of said persons in a Camp which undoubtedly sends more business for materials their way. UGH