PDA

View Full Version : Don't be down, darn it.

Zera
03-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I just hate it when our own supporters are down, but I can see why. With the media saying things like McCain getting the nomination, people who listen to that and repeat it... I know it's tough, and depressing. You've worked so hard to get the message of this fine Congressman out for so long, for nothing.

But, that is so very wrong.

You have to realize something. I can guarantee to you that nearly all of America does not even know how the delegate process works at all. In fact, what I am about to say will shock you very much. In just a random polling I did from people while they were discussing politics ("Oh my gosh, Obama is going to change this nation!"), eight of the eleven people I asked didn't even know delegates were real people.

No, I am not joking. These people were between the ages of 22 and I'd say about 45.

It's known that people get much of their news from the media. When the media fails to properly report the news in an unbiased, truthful way, people don't realize things and are mislead. When the media doesn't explain how something works, people assume the very little they pointed out is it.

Now, realize this. The delegate process is a confusing one, to say the least. There are so many rules, and many of those rules vary from state to state, which makes it hard to explain it properly. But I will tell you a few basic things:

* In the state GOP convention, a 2/3 vote can make all of the delegates in your state unbound to whoever they were bound to before. That means the delegates can vote for whoever they choose.
* From what I know, in a few states, you can technically and legally vote for who you want, even if you are bound. You probably will get a citation from your state GOP, but who gives a rat's arse.
* If McCain fails to get all of his delegates to get him the necessary amount in the first round of voting, they become unbound. Meaning, they can vote for who they want in the second round.

These are just three important ones I wanted to highlight. What can you do? Become a delegate. This part of the process is one I am iffy about, since I'm not of voting age yet and can't really do politics just yet, but be nominated to be a state delegate. All it takes is your hope and your work to make this happen.

Do it for our founding fathers. Do it for the country.

molly_pitcher
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm not down. You're reading the wrong posts X-D

Zera
03-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Well, I haven't been able to browse much today, but from what I saw last night... Many people had pretty much given up.

Joseph Hart
03-05-2008, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlsitMRQAdA

Agent CSL
03-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm excited! All this gloom is the sign of better, new things to come. I believe yesterday was a Phoenix moment.

Zera
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Ah, all this under the radar stuff excites me very much. I wish I could vote or do some local politic stuff to help out myself.

What makes me even more energized is the reaction of millions of people when Paul is nominated. Every news media, even ones abroad, have announced McCain as the nominee. Nearly every American thinks he is the nominee. McCain is going to do his campaigning for months ahead of the convention because he thinks he has the nomination in the hat, but when Paul is chosen, and all those millions were for nothing... I will laugh.

Revolution feels so good.

wgadget
03-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Why does the MSM keep calling McInsane the "presumptive" nominee? It sure does imply that he is only "presumed" to be the nominee. Why does no one question them?

seapilot
03-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Not down here, just waiting for the second wind to keep sailing on! This is one place (RP forums) where we can realize that we are definitly not alone in these insane times. Am looking foward to state convention, word on the street some strange things may occur will know a lot more in a couple of weeks.

tpreitzel
03-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Not down here, just waiting for the second wind to keep sailing on! This is one place (RP forums) where we can realize that we are definitly not alone in these insane times. Am looking foward to state convention, word on the street some strange things may occur will know a lot more in a couple of weeks.

Strange days indeed! Every time I log onto RPF, I feel like listening to Carly Simon's Anticipation as background music. I keep looking at the fight so I'm distracted by all the noise.

tpreitzel
03-05-2008, 10:57 PM

Strange days indeed! Every time I log onto RPF, I feel like listening to Carly Simon's Anticipation as I wait for the next Jack-In-The-Box to pop up. Off line, I keep looking at the fight so I'm not distracted by all the noise.

derdy
03-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Well, I haven't been able to browse much today, but from what I saw last night... Many people had pretty much given up.

I don't post on here nearly as much because I'm too busy getting a mock caucus organized, recruiting 137 delegates for my county, and reading up on Roberts Rules and going over the state GOP platform and making changes.

josephadel_3
03-05-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm not down, but it is unlikely Ron will get the nomination. Think about it. Most "unbound" delegates will not just magically become Ron Paul supporters. The majority of unbound delegates get their info from the MSM and are just as brainwashed as the rest of the nation, thus they will vote for the "presumptive nominee" at the national convention. I don't think it is mathematically impossible for RP to get the nomination, but again, I think it's unlikely.

The best thing to do is to stay in the race as long as possible and get the message of freedom out, hoping for exactly what I said is unlikely, that unbound delegates will go for RP. I'm not down. Freedom will never get me down.