PDA

View Full Version : I Just want things to go back to normal...Help RP!!

mcvac
03-05-2008, 08:38 PM
For years my husband and I raised our family on $50,000 a year...We ate great...went on vacations a couple times a year..Went out to eat once a week...Bought the kids nice birthday and Christmas gifts.Had extra money in the bank for emergencies...I even had money to support my book habit. We paid cash for everything and never had credit cards..(still don't) We felt comfortable..and we were...until lately....well, in the last six months at least...

Now we are barely getting by...our heating bills have gone from $150.00 a month to $500.00..I shop very frugally for food buying exactly what we need and only what we need...the savings have been drained for car repairs etc..Clothes for our youngest are hand me downs from a neighbor...I could go on..Our home insurance went up $1100 a year just for living in a hurricane zone...

I'm not bitching because I know that so many may be worse off than us...I just don't see any light...And we make $50,000 a year! In my father's time this was a great salary!

We need a Ron Paul presidency more than ever...If we are in bad shape, what's it gonna be like in a year for most of the country.

ghemminger
03-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the future....Drasically change now or you will no loger be able to survive.

Truth Warrior
03-05-2008, 08:45 PM
We may have already passed the point of no return.

runderwo
03-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Wear extra clothes around the house and turn down the thermostat to 60.

Sell the home before you're upside down on the mortgage. Rent an apartment. No insurance, lower bills, no mortgage, you can relocate wherever work is.

Get used to shopping at thrift stores.

Learn how to fix your car.

Shop at ALDI.

Secure lines of credit now, and cut up the cards so you're not tempted. Request new cards whenever a calamity strikes and you need the credit.

Buy a gun, or several. Don't forget ammo.

Oh, and take this wakeup-call as an opportunity to learn self-independence! :)

Time for Change
03-05-2008, 08:50 PM
I can relate to you...I am in the same boat.
It sucks, but what can we do?

Our nation is under the control of forces that do not care about the American Citizen.
Greed is the name of their game, the nation be damned.

The funny part: the majority of the population is CONTENT.
You believe that shit?
As long as the TV works, and they don't have to use their brains, all is good.

We need intervention here at home and fast!

ghemminger
03-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Wear extra clothes around the house and turn down the thermostat to 60.

Sell the home before you're upside down on the mortgage. Rent an apartment. No insurance, lower bills, no mortgage, you can relocate wherever work is.

Get used to shopping at thrift stores.

Learn how to fix your car.

Shop at ALDI.

Secure lines of credit now, and cut up the cards so you're not tempted. Request new cards whenever a calamity strikes and you need the credit.

Buy a gun, or several.

Oh, and take this wakeup-call as an opportunity to learn self-independence! :)

Awesome advise - consider shared liveing arangements to DRAStically save money

Time for Change
03-06-2008, 03:37 PM
bump...

acptulsa
03-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Stealing from the middle class is like taking candy from a baby. This is the vein we need to mine. Discontent is growing--and with good reason. The impending oil crisis was greatly hastened by this war--and they said Dubya/Cheney didn't have an energy policy! Ha! Reagan ensured anyone who wasn't filthy rich couldn't be sure their kids could get through college, and started both a debt crisis and an internal brain drain within the nation. Short term thinking is catching up to us.

People are waking up. They have no choice. It's hard to sleep when you can't heat the house.

This is a vein we need to mine.

acptulsa
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Evening bump.

NEPA_Revolution
03-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Anti Hillary/Obama/McWamnesty Bump.