PDA

View Full Version : Money bomb idea

berrybunches
03-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I was thinking we should plan a money bomb for Dr. Paul.
The theme needs to be "force him to stay in until November"

Plan it for a month down the road or something so we can get a lot in on it and start making inspirational videos to go along with it.

Just a thought, I sense people are getting bored.

yongrel
03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
March 23 is the anniversary of Patrick Henry saying "give me liberty or give me death."

I think we should probably focus our resources on other candidates though. Murray Sabrin and Jim Forsythe come to mind.

TruthAtLast
03-05-2008, 08:43 PM
if people are getting bored. we could give many Congressional candidates much needed help. Ron Paul himself has asked us to support some of these people yet they've received just a fraction of the money we raised in a spontaneous Congressional Money Bomb we did for RP.

If Ron Paul decides to run as a 3rd party candidate that is one thing, but he has already addressed this over and over again. He has no intention of running as a third party candidate yet people somehow think they can FORCE him.

Let's say we raised $20 million or more. He would make a statement (though he probably wouldn't say anything more than what people have already heard) but ultimately he would be blacked out of many debates and we would be sitting here with the same frustration.

Conversely, if we have the ability to raise that kind of money for Ron Paul, we should have the ability to raise that kind of money to fund over a dozen Congressional candidates. The money would see REAL measurable returns in the election of people who can actually make a difference rather than just spending money to put up a bunch more signs. The media is going to be so preoccupied with this General Election that many of our candidates will be able to slip under the radar (or at least wouldn't feel the full effect of a focused media blackout).

Again... if Ron, himself decides he is going to run then I'll support him. Otherwise, let's focus on people who are begging for our support and waiting for our "army" to come to the rescue.

Seriously, what the hell are we waiting for? I get the sense that people think this entire campaign is just a fun little thing they like to play with. They like to feel "cool" that they are apart of this rebellion. "Revolution" is just a buzz word to most people. Very few people are truely committed to Ron Paul's REAL GOAL.

This isn't just about a Presidency. It never was. Ron Paul has said this himself.

berrybunches
03-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I do not think Ron Paul should run third party. I just think he should announce that he plans on staying in the race until November. He can still stay a Republican and continue to gain momentum.

Majority of us are not going to stay in this thing without Ron Paul. They do not care about Murray Sabrin for Senate or the congressional candidates and will probably not send them money. They want Ron Paul because he inspires them. They think of him as the leader.

Sure hard core supporters can donate to the other candidates and they do.

I don't want Ron Paul dropping out. This would leave McCain as the only contender and would discourage supporters even more - you think the other candidates are hurting for donations now just wait. He said he would be dropping if we did not monetarily support him.

Why not a "We will not give up" money bomb. I am sick of seeing this movement lose momentum and Murray Sabrin is not going to help it gain momentum back.

ItsTime
03-05-2008, 09:11 PM
agreed. Ron Paul has enough money to stay in... although you should donate if you can.

March 23 is the anniversary of Patrick Henry saying "give me liberty or give me death."

I think we should probably focus our resources on other candidates though. Murray Sabrin and Jim Forsythe come to mind.

TruthAtLast
03-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I do not think Ron Paul should run third party. I just think he should announce that he plans on staying in the race until November. He can still stay a Republican and continue to gain momentum.

Majority of us are not going to stay in this thing without Ron Paul. They do not care about Murray Sabrin for Senate or the congressional candidates and will probably not send them money. They want Ron Paul because he inspires them. They think of him as the leader.

Sure hard core supporters can donate to the other candidates and they do.

I don't want Ron Paul dropping out. This would leave McCain as the only contender and would discourage supporters even more - you think the other candidates are hurting for donations now just wait. He said he would be dropping if we did not monetarily support him.

Why not a "We will not give up" money bomb. I am sick of seeing this movement lose momentum and Murray Sabrin is not going to help it gain momentum back.

I agree that Ron Paul should not drop out before the convension. However, he has plenty of money. Why ask supporters to send in more money JUST to send a message?

And BTW, anyone who is only supporting Ron Paul and no other liberty candidate (even when Dr. Paul himself endorses them) is NOT A REAL RON PAUL SUPPORTER.

These people are just on the bandwagon because it is the cool thing to do. If you really do believe in the message, then you will do everything you can to change this country and that includes helping anyone who shares that message.

It is un-friggin-believable how many people claim to support Ron Paul yet ignore what the man HIMSELF has said. This is a Revolution and it does not focus around one man. I'm not making this up. This has been Ron Paul's message from the beginning.

I was on board with the money bombs and even donated to the congressional campaign which saw some success (though I doubt he even needed all of the money we gave him). Should we focus on delegates? Of course. But that doesn't require any more money bombs.

If you want momentum, start calling people in the remaining states. Start helping other people to become delegates. Ron Paul raised a million dollars for his congressional run and it didn't even hit the news. He then WON that race and it was barely mentioned. What do you expect to accomplish with another tiny money bomb?

So go ahead and waste more money by sending it to Ron Paul who doesn't need it at this point.

Personally, I'd rather do every friggin thing I can to give Ron some support in Congress, help others who are still trying to become delegates, and start planning a long-term strategy to build a massive grass roots network and raise several hundred million dollars in the next few years.

But, you're bored.... so I understand.

berrybunches
03-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Hey you don't have to be aggressive. I hate how sarcastic everyone here is. We should be able to talk openly and honestly with each other. I am a hard core libertarian Paul supporter. I am sure as hell not bored.

I was just suggesting something to give some of the supporters that are not political junkies some motivation. So many people lost hope. Most people do not even know who Sabrin is let alone the congressional people.

If not a money bomb I think something needs to be done. We can't have a revolution with people leaving the movement all the time.

My meetup had 75% less people last month than the month before. The people that didn't come will not be donating to anyone unless we can get them hyped again.

What is the harm in spending some time to get back the leagues or people we once had behind us?

How do you plan on recruiting new people if we can not keep the ones we have?

Primbs
03-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Give me liberty or give me death is a good money bomb.

golfboy
03-05-2008, 11:49 PM
does anyone like the delegate bomb?

jrich4rpaul
03-06-2008, 03:22 AM

YES

Andrew76
03-06-2008, 03:44 AM
I was thinking we should plan a money bomb for Dr. Paul.
The theme needs to be "force him to stay in until November"

Plan it for a month down the road or something so we can get a lot in on it and start making inspirational videos to go along with it.

Just a thought, I sense people are getting bored.

Patrick Henry, "Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death," money bomb day sounds absolutely grand to me. Why does Ron Paul need the money? For three reasons:
1) He has said that he will stay in this race as long as donations and support continues.
2) If all GOP hope is lost, and he needs convincing to run independent (WHICH HE MUST DO IF HE DOES NOT GET THE NOD FROM THE GOP), what better way to convince him to continue to run as an independent than to CONTINUE to support his efforts. THE SUPPORT MUST CONTINUE FOR GODSAKES!!! WHY on earth do some of you need to have this branded on your damn forheads? If the monetary support dries up, why would he feel compelled to continue with his message? Christ people, wake the f*ck up.
3) No matter what happens, the message must continue to get out there, even if Ron Paul loses. The message of free minds, free markets, individual liberty and freedom is what's important.

What else will you donate your money towards? Who else? McCain? Get real people. Ron Paul NEEDS your help. Donate NOW.

berrybunches
03-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Patrick Henry, "Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death," money bomb day sounds absolutely grand to me. Why does Ron Paul need the money? For three reasons:
1) He has said that he will stay in this race as long as donations and support continues.

Exactly my point. He has said the will not stay in of the support keeps dwindling!

defe07
03-06-2008, 01:28 PM
And we should bring up this question every chance we get: "Which candidate has the single day fundraising record in American political history?"

jrich4rpaul
03-06-2008, 01:54 PM
So are we going with March 23rd? If so I'd suggest we get on organizing everything before Sunday to give us at least 2 weeks to promote it.

TruthAtLast
03-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Hey you don't have to be aggressive. I hate how sarcastic everyone here is. We should be able to talk openly and honestly with each other. I am a hard core libertarian Paul supporter. I am sure as hell not bored.

I was just suggesting something to give some of the supporters that are not political junkies some motivation. So many people lost hope. Most people do not even know who Sabrin is let alone the congressional people.

If not a money bomb I think something needs to be done. We can't have a revolution with people leaving the movement all the time.

My meetup had 75% less people last month than the month before. The people that didn't come will not be donating to anyone unless we can get them hyped again.

What is the harm in spending some time to get back the leagues or people we once had behind us?

How do you plan on recruiting new people if we can not keep the ones we have?

You're right about keeping people motivated and focused. And I'm sorry if I came across aggressive. It is just frustrating when good people on these forums and others who seem to share the same goals aren't moving in the same direction.

Yes we need to do something. I'm just not sure another Ron Paul money bomb is it (unless Ron would then turn around and help out these other candidates with that money, but I don't trust headquarters).

FreeTraveler
03-06-2008, 02:39 PM

Those two items tie together nicely when you consider that Dr. Paul has Liberty PAC, a political action committee dedicated to electing pro-Free Enterprise, pro-Liberty, and pro-Constitutional candidates to federal and state offices.

Why not aim the Liberty Bomb at Liberty PAC, and let Dr. Paul spread the wealth as he intends to do with this PAC?

This has additional benefits:

A) It shows that the Remnant is not going away, and should be a good scare for the NeoCons.
B) It lumps the power of the Remnant together, instead of spreading it across multiple candidates. This will maximize any publicity it happens to get.
C) By trusting Dr. Paul's judgement, we're assured the funds end up helping the type of candidates we want to help.
D) Since Dr. Paul has resources to analyze other candidates, the funds are likely to be better proportioned than if we all just picked somebody.

We funded the Presidental run. If it becomes obvious that we're going to fund an ongoing process, Dr. Paul's clout on the hill should grow substantially.