PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul's message is popular with sheeple until they find out it is from Dr. Paul!

Matthew P.
03-05-2008, 08:10 PM
We were at our senate district caucuses the other night and I discovered something that was absolutely fascinating.

We were debating resolutions (and we had dozens of them to get through). I made it a policy for myself (and a couple other faithful RP supporters chipped in) to argue vociferously against the ones that were unconstitutional and far from the historic GOP position. When I would stand up to the microphone, without saying Ron Paul's name, I would remind the people in the audience (about 200) that they claimed to be for smaller government and personal rights. When I did that and showed them how this resolution they were considering for adoption flew in the face of that they would vote against it, and, in some cases, even cheer!

It was a moment of joy and frustration at the same time. If you take the time to really get to know the issues that our future president has been arguing about and also take the time to read the constitution then you will have tremendous ground to stand on. The frustrating part came when I realized that, though the message resonated with them, if I had mentioned Ron Paul's name, I probably would have been 'booed' back to my seat.

Oh well, it's not about that at this stage in the game. I still am able to persuade people to join his campaign, but on a personal level. All I can hope to do at the state and congressional levels is to speak the truth boldly (while wearing my Ron Paul lapel pin) and hope that people will ask me how I came to those positions and what candidate stands for them.

His message works!:eek:

LEK
03-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Bravo and Thank You.

syborius
03-05-2008, 08:18 PM
It's simple, the media made him out to be a crazy loon with their nasty rhetoric. It's called poisoning the well, once you demonize the man, no matter what his positions, even positions that they themselves support, they will in the end reject him, and thus those positions. It's a vicious tactic that worked pretty well. Just goes to show you the power of the corrupt media. I've had intelligent people parrot that Ron Paul is crazy, and then a few seconds later they would admit to me that they weren't even sure of his positions, but they certainly new for a fact that he was "crazy"....

molly_pitcher
03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Yes, it's nice to have a platform you can actually stand on. It is motivating and empowering. Isn't it wonderful to believe in something because you know it is right, and not because someone told you it was right?

nate895
03-05-2008, 08:24 PM
It's simple, the media made him out to be a crazy loon with their nasty rhetoric. It's called poisoning the well, once you demonize the man, no matter what his positions, even positions that they themselves support, they will in the end reject him, and thus those positions. It's a vicious tactic that worked pretty well. Just goes to show you the power of the corrupt media. I've had intelligent people parrot that Ron Paul is crazy, and then a few seconds later they would admit to me that they weren't even sure of his positions, but they certainly new for a fact that he was "crazy"....

I once talked to a friend who was surprised I was die hard Ron Paul Fan, he then said "he's that libertarian quack, right?" When I talk to him though, he agrees with me on 90% of everything, and that was when I supported the war, so now it'd probably be like 95% of everything.

NinjaPirate
We were at our senate district caucuses the other night and I discovered something that was absolutely fascinating.

We were debating resolutions (and we had dozens of them to get through). I made it a policy for myself (and a couple other faithful RP supporters chipped in) to argue vociferously against the ones that were unconstitutional and far from the historic GOP position. When I would stand up to the microphone, without saying Ron Paul's name, I would remind the people in the audience (about 200) that they claimed to be for smaller government and personal rights. When I did that and showed them how this resolution they were considering for adoption flew in the face of that they would vote against it, and, in some cases, even cheer!

It was a moment of joy and frustration at the same time. If you take the time to really get to know the issues that our future president has been arguing about and also take the time to read the constitution then you will have tremendous ground to stand on. The frustrating part came when I realized that, though the message resonated with them, if I had mentioned Ron Paul's name, I probably would have been 'booed' back to my seat.

Oh well, it's not about that at this stage in the game. I still am able to persuade people to join his campaign, but on a personal level. All I can hope to do at the state and congressional levels is to speak the truth boldly (while wearing my Ron Paul lapel pin) and hope that people will ask me how I came to those positions and what candidate stands for them.

His message works!:eek:

Good job. :D I'll forever despise the MSM for smearing RP's name in attempting to prevent the message from spreading. Paul has truly taken one for the team. It's good to hear the ideas that our nation was founded on are still alive in many people today.

Behind this presidential bid is a man, and behind this man is an idea. And ideas are bulletproof. :)

tpreitzel

Oh, brother! People trying to save face (pride) when confronted about their own misinformation. Unfortunately, it happens all of the time. As the OP stated, just discuss the issues at this point if it helps to elect you as a delegate.

Verad
03-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Yes, it's nice to have a platform you can actually stand on. It is motivating and empowering. Isn't it wonderful to believe in something because you know it is right, and not because someone told you it was right?

QFT

RSLudlum
03-05-2008, 08:44 PM
This is the exact reason when passing out literature lately, I try to put Ron Paul's name at the bottom on the page or the last page (esp. if it is an article written by Paul). At least they read the message and then see Paul's name...instead of seeing "Ron Paul" first and automatically discrediting it as not worth paying attention to.

Ryan Prasad
03-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Isn't it wonderful to believe in something because you know it is right, and not because someone told you it was right?

It is indeed a wonderful thing, but disappointing at the same same time knowing that many will never really know this satisfaction out of mere laziness.