PDA

View Full Version : My wife and I are state and congressional delegates - what are you doing?

Matthew P.
03-05-2008, 07:56 PM
I read the post by Phantom (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126428) and wanted to put my two cents in the pot.

As they say "It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings," and I haven't heard any singing yet!

I know that the readership on these forums in nation-wide, yea, even global, but here, in the state of Minnesota, Ron Paul is doing much better than the Main Stream Media would like you to believe.

You see, when we caucused on Super Tuesday the straw polls didn't really mean anything. Out of our little precinct there were 3 delegates elected (out of 5) who were Ron Paul supporters. This didn't include the alternates.

Then, this last Monday (March 3), we had our senate district caucuses, (moving up in the world). Some of the other districts have already had theirs and some still have them ahead. This is where it really starts to get interesting. You see, Ron Paul seemed to have such a 'poor showing' on Super Tuesday, but, because of extensive networking, our district managed to pump out at least 20 delegates to both the state and congressional conventions (coming up) - out of 24 for the state and 46 for the congressional.

Did you catch that?! Ron Paul delegates going to the state convention make up 83% of the total selected from our Senate District - now isn't that a twist on what the MSM would like you to believe? That's also 43% for the congressional (at least - and I say that because that is the minimum that we know of, but are still awaiting the final count).

I hope this encourages you and that you stay active. It's definitely not over and we have a chance to make our voices heard!

What will you do?:cool:

tpreitzel
03-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Follow the example of a great leader! :)

fatdumb
03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Nice! I'm a delegate for district and state also. Our county was at 16% on the straw poll but we won approx 60% of the delegates.

molly_pitcher
03-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Precinct Leader
County Coordinator
Caucuses begin this Saturday!

nf7mate
03-05-2008, 08:32 PM
I made it to my county's convention (March 29th) as an alternate. RP got 3/5 delegates in my precinct and 3/5 alternates as well.

nate895
03-05-2008, 08:34 PM
I made it to my county's convention (March 29th) as an alternate. RP got 3/5 delegates in my precinct and 3/5 alternates as well.
NVM

Akus
03-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Precinct Leader
County Coordinator
Caucuses begin this Saturday!

Good for you.

I am a delegate. I am also a voice of eleven delegates because I was the only one who showed up at my precint. ;)