PDA

View Full Version : Be On Committees.

runderwo
03-05-2008, 07:10 PM
BE ON COMMITTEES
============

It has come to my attention that many people do not know what the Committees at your County and State Convention are. These are not the "executive committees" that the Committeemen and Committeewomen are elected to. These are the committees known as Platform, Rules, and Credentials (and some will have a Delegate committee). It is VERY important that you do the following:

1. Know how to get on these committees; is it done at precinct meeting, by calling GOP, by calling committee chair, etc? You may have to talk to several different GOP people to get a straight answer.
2. Once you are on the committee, find out the date/time/location of ALL Committee meetings, and disseminate this to your State coordinator and every RP supporter that can also attend
3. Other people can just show up and be on the committee!

The Platform committee is especially important to have the most numbers possible. Followed by the Rules committee, because if you need to vote some BS amendment down, you need the people there to do it. You should also make sure you are represented on Credentials, especially in a closed primary state, to make sure that would-be delegates are not rejected for bogus reasons.

Do not mistake the committee meetings for the committee REPORTS that are listed on the call to convention. At convention the committees will be presenting their reports, and the report as a whole will be voted up or down with little debate. You want to be part of the process that CREATES these reports, which always happens before the convention.

Most jurisdictions will only allow you to serve on 1 committee per cycle.

If you are on a committee, don't show up even 1 minute late because you may be kicked off.

Committee meetings usually start 1 week before the convention, so if it's approaching that time and you haven't figured the committee thing out yet, NOW is the time to do it. Only one person needs to find out the committee meeting information, and it can be passed around openly!

This is also a good thing to do because it helps you build relationships with party people who will also be there, and it will at the same time put fear in them about the numbers you bring to committee, while it also relieves their fears that we are a bunch of weirdo kooks who want to blow up the houses of the Republican Party.

pinkmandy
03-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Bump. I agree.

runderwo
03-05-2008, 08:43 PM
blimp

ghemminger
03-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Awesome

ItsTime
03-05-2008, 09:02 PM
stickies get less views... just keep bumping :)

american.swan
03-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I'll bump this. Read it people.

Can we get a list of when these committees are meeting?

molly_pitcher
03-05-2008, 09:10 PM
bumped for subscription and sticky recommendation.

Publius Freeman
03-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Bump for Liberty.

RP2008!

Bryan
03-06-2008, 12:38 AM
stickies get less views... just keep bumping :)
This is correct- PM for a sticky when you're tired of bumping. :)

Yes- be on a committee! :)

molly_pitcher
03-06-2008, 07:35 AM
bump

Aratus
03-06-2008, 10:08 AM
au~h2o, yes!

-lotus-
03-06-2008, 10:34 AM
im in the process of getting my name on the ballot here in san diego to be on the central committee for my assembly district (79th).

Everyone should do this because it requires minimal effort on your part and the possible rewards are limitless!

This will be the real continuation of the Ron Paul revolution and it WILL succeed!

Aratus
03-06-2008, 11:42 AM
bump!

runderwo
03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
blump

Maltheus
03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
We thought we were on top of the committee situation here. We had a bunch of resolutions we wanted to get through. We would check every day and the local GOP would say that they are still working out the schedule and that they haven't met yet. Then we found out through back channels that they had in fact met and were just keeping us out of the loop. We had volunteers helping out the local GOP a lot too so we felt especially slighted. They needed a lot of help, we helped them when no one else would and they still fucked us. Hopefully our county convention this Saturday will shock the hell out of them. They don't know what's coming.

Conza88
03-06-2008, 06:11 PM
YES! We're gonna take this thing by storm!

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-06-2008, 06:26 PM
We thought we were on top of the committee situation here. We had a bunch of resolutions we wanted to get through. We would check every day and the local GOP would say that they are still working out the schedule and that they haven't met yet. Then we found out through back channels that they had in fact met and were just keeping us out of the loop. We had volunteers helping out the local GOP a lot too so we felt especially slighted. They needed a lot of help, we helped them when no one else would and they still fucked us. Hopefully our county convention this Saturday will shock the hell out of them. They don't know what's coming.

bump for pissing me off!

...and for all our freedoms.

robert4rp08
03-06-2008, 06:54 PM
_bump_

runderwo
03-06-2008, 10:29 PM

QFT

runderwo
03-07-2008, 01:20 PM
bump

runderwo
03-07-2008, 05:59 PM
blimp

runderwo
03-08-2008, 08:00 PM
blimpity blump

Akus
03-08-2008, 08:23 PM
super bump, I'd make this a stickie, were it up to me.

kigol
03-08-2008, 08:33 PM
bump

runderwo
03-09-2008, 05:55 PM
super bump, I'd make this a stickie, were it up to me.

That used to be in the title, but "somebody" edited it.

spacehabitats
03-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Yes, and by the way we need to keep this and any other important posts bumped.
I wish there were a section just for delegates. The state sections are to diluted and there are a lot of things that we could be sharing that would be useful in almost any state.

spacehabitats
03-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Bump.

runderwo
03-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Bump, I am STILL talking to people in other states who have the Executive Committee confused with these committees. These committees are seprate from the Executive Committee. I have also heard people saying that you must be elected to {Platform,Rules,Credentials} committees in an off year. That is FALSE. Only the chairs of those committees must be elected. The committee meetings are open. But you have to find out when and where they meet.

Paul Revered
03-15-2008, 04:51 PM
bump

runderwo
03-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Here is another reason to be on committees. Our Congressional District Rules Committees are passing rules to require new application forms and affidavits, and to shut-out delegates who have not submitted said application within 10-15 days prior to the Convention. Of course these committee meetings are not publicized, so you have to keep a watchful eye on the GOP. You snooze you lose!

mavtek
03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
GOP is not your friend, get active, speak up and get on committees!

joemiller
03-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Committee participation is an illustion....it's becoming an elected party official where the real road to power is found.

joe

joemiller
03-24-2008, 09:25 PM
im in the process of getting my name on the ballot here in san diego to be on the central committee for my assembly district (79th).

Everyone should do this because it requires minimal effort on your part and the possible rewards are limitless!

This will be the real continuation of the Ron Paul revolution and it WILL succeed!

Getting on a convention committee is important as far as it goes, and I would certainly recommend anyone who wants to participate in this fashion to try their luck. But they are of limited political consequence and WILL be largely controlled by party officials, as they have always been.

So my advise to you is simple, go head and try, just make darn sure your name is also on your local ballot to be elected as your local Executive Committeeman or Committeewoman as well, or the game will have been lost before you even get a chance to play.

It is time for Ron Paul supporters to gain the necessary political standing within the GOP as "elected" party officials representing your own constituencies in order to move the R3volution forward, and you don't do this by sitting on a Platform Committee once every four years at convention time.

joe.