PDA

View Full Version : McCain to win election and then...

pinkmandy
03-05-2008, 06:19 PM
resign from office due to health problems forcing his VP (Rick Perry maybe?) to be sworn in as our new President? Is that far fetched?

Shed
03-05-2008, 07:00 PM
McCain was endorsed by President Bush. Surely he won't win the General.

pinkmandy
03-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't think that endorsement matters to his supporters. They still think he's "independent". The endorsement might help the far right people who actually still like Bush support McCain, though.

I think we're making a mistake to assume a dem is going to win. McCain v. Hillary would be very close and many dems HATE Hillary and would rather vote for McCain. Then add in the people who wouldn't trust "a woman" to run the country in wartime.

Obama would sweep I think. I just doubt the powers that be will let him be the nominee.

ETA: I don't think Obama would be any better. I just don't think it's "his turn".

ELT
03-05-2008, 07:53 PM
The endorsement might help the far right people who actually still like Bush support McCain, though.

I think we're making a mistake to assume a dem is going to win. McCain v. Hillary would be very close and many dems HATE Hillary and would rather vote for McCain. Then add in the people who wouldn't trust "a woman" to run the country in wartime.

Obama would sweep I think. I just doubt the powers that be will let him be the nominee.

Last I checked, I don't think there are many Bush supporters any more. Lowest approval rating in history, etc.

I agree with you about Hilary v. McCain. I have always said that's what it will come down to. They are buddies by the way, and I'm sure they are the 2 chosen ones for the powers that be. Either way, it will be rigged, and one of them will win. Either way, we're screwed by having essentially either a Clinton or a Bush back in the whitehouse AGAIN!

nate895
03-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I don't think that endorsement matters to his supporters. They still think he's "independent". The endorsement might help the far right people who actually still like Bush support McCain, though.

ETA: I don't think Obama would be any better. I just don't think it's "his turn".

Bush's approval ratings are at 19%, which probably means the moderate end of the Republican Party.

pinkmandy
03-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Bush's approval ratings are at 19%, which probably means the moderate end of the Republican Party.

They would have to be the pro-war folks, the believers of "they hate us for our freedoms" crowd. I assume they were the people who actually loved Giuliani, the "Hannitized" warmongerers.