PDA

View Full Version : Tucker was talking about Ron Paul

sheepledog
03-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Whoa...did anyone just see that on Tucker? I didn't see the whole thing, but at the end of his show, Tucker and someone named 'Bill' were talking up some good-stuff about Ron Paul (and Kucinich). The Bill guy was saying something about how people shouldn't have "pooh-poohed" Ron Paul. Need a youtube--I'd like to see the whole thing. Anybody see that?

pacelli
03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Whoa...did anyone just see that on Tucker? I didn't see the whole thing, but at the end of his show, Tucker and someone named 'Bill' were talking up some good-stuff about Ron Paul (and Kucinich). The Bill guy was saying something about how people shouldn't have "pooh-poohed" Ron Paul. Need a youtube--I'd like to see the whole thing. Anybody see that?

I don't even bother to watch most of the national news networks regularly any more since they blacked out Ron Paul, but thanks for the heads-up.

Tucker did his damage to Ron Paul when he had on a guest who unveiled the newsletter scandal on his show. Tucker and whoever want to talk about Ron Paul now that he has no chance of winning the majority of popular elections, sorry we're not fooled.

MSM plants take heed: You can't have your cake and eat it too. You've blacked out Ron Paul, and now you are blacked out.

jaybone
03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't even bother to watch most of the national news networks regularly any more since they blacked out Ron Paul, but thanks for the heads-up.

Tucker did his damage to Ron Paul when he had on a guest who unveiled the newsletter scandal on his show. Tucker and whoever want to talk about Ron Paul now that he has no chance of winning the majority of popular elections, sorry we're not fooled.

MSM plants take heed: You can't have your cake and eat it too. You've blacked out Ron Paul, and now you are blacked out.

I;m done with TV news and politics entirely. I have relegated the TV to the role it belongs; as entertainment.
Knowlege is found on the interwebs ;_0

FSP-Rebel
03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
I;m done with TV news and politics entirely. I have relegated the TV to the role it belongs; as entertainment.
Knowlege is found on the interwebs ;_0
Couldn't have said it better myself...

robskicks
03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Now if only more people would....

TheConstitutionLives
03-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't watch TV news either.

silverhandorder
03-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I stopped also way too much nonsense going on.

nbhadja
03-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Same here, I stopped watching TV.

garrettwombat
03-05-2008, 06:48 PM
after all the bias i saw against liberty i stopped watching TV entirely

RSLudlum
03-05-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't watch TV news either.

Used to be I came in from work, took my shoes off and watched the news before dinner. Now?? Lets just put it this way....all the cable news channels are blocked on all the TV's in my house and don't watch the network news broadcasts either. every once and awhile I catch the NewsHour with Jim Lehrer on PBS.

Johncjackson
03-05-2008, 07:11 PM

The Newsletter scandal had been brewing sometime and was going to be news somewhere. This is all "old news" at this point, but it probably seemed better to break the scandal in a sympathetic place where it would be met with skepticism and RP would have a chance to answer- but it didn't work out that way, and you cant blame everyone else except those responsible for the multiple fumbles.

sheepledog
03-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I really don't watch TV anymore either, but I keep it on just for background noise (which is why I barely saw Tucker). And I usually keep it on a news channel, just in case of breaking news--such as another disaster/false flag. That way, I figure I can make a run for the hills quicker. :eek:

Red Dingo
03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
yea, I have mixed feeligns about Tucker. I can't believe I saw him on a clip defending George Bush and saying Bush was not shredding the Constitution.
Can someone tell me, do you think Tucker deliberately tried to smear Ron Paul by getting that story of brothel owners and prostitutes who supported RP shown on air. I think he 'drove out and picked up the owner' to introduce him to RP. I wonder if it was a set up. It seems bizarre that a journalist would do that to any candidate. That galls me, cause they could have talked about any of his wonderful policies e.g. against the racism that the War on Drugs has in it. The funny thing was that that brothel owner and those prostitutes were so much smarter than many of the journalists I've seen concerning the what is really going on in the world and in politics.

Highstreet
03-05-2008, 08:30 PM
yea, I have mixed feeligns about Tucker. I can't believe I saw him on a clip defending George Bush and saying Bush was not shredding the Constitution.
Can someone tell me, do you think Tucker deliberately tried to smear Ron Paul by getting that story of brothel owners and prostitutes who supported RP shown on air. I think he 'drove out and picked up the owner' to introduce him to RP. I wonder if it was a set up. It seems bizarre that a journalist would do that to any candidate. That galls me, cause they could have talked about any of his wonderful policies e.g. against the racism that the War on Drugs has in it. The funny thing was that that brothel owner and those prostitutes were so much smarter than many of the journalists I've seen concerning the what is really going on in the world and in politics.

There are plenty of brothel owners and other skullduggery lurking about at other candidate's events. (not that brothel owners are skullduggery, but they are viewed as such by the majority)

These topics to cover when speaking about Ron Paul were specifically chosen to DEFINE what "fringe" is. They never allowed the topic to stray too long, and if it did, they would throw in a "are you gonna run 3rd party" just to keep the "fringe" idea in people's heads.

Tucker truly supports Paul, but knows that the the tools of media are many, and the money men choose what gets highlighted and more coverage. They have the ear of the Editors.

molly_pitcher
03-05-2008, 08:39 PM
every once and awhile I catch the NewsHour with Jim Lehrer on PBS.

He's a CFR supporter ;-;

I watch Craig Ferguson before bed, I catch "That 70's Show" while cookin dinner. That's about it.

ryanmkeisling
03-05-2008, 08:42 PM
I canceled my cable entirely. I even heard them saying on NPR today that John Mccain is the republican nominee!

runderwo
03-05-2008, 08:57 PM
NPR said Ron Paul was returning to Congress today.

Well, technically they aren't wrong, but it's still sleazy. He returns to Congress every day, dolts.

MilitaryDave
03-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I got sick of the propaganda and titilation, so I turned off my tv 6 years ago. I let my kids watch PBS Think TV on Saturday mornings and I watch DVDs on it Friday nights.

I move a lot and every time I take up a new residence, I get flooded with calls from these cable and satellite dish companies. I tell them I don't watch TV and they have no idea how to respond.

sheepledog
03-05-2008, 09:05 PM

Read this Tucker article (his brothel explanation is toward the end):

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=83665295-1de6-4571-af9c-0a90f6d1fde0

Fields
03-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Youtube?

JS4Pat
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Tucker said that Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich have an open invitation to appear EVERY NIGHT on his show because America needs to hear what they have to say.

I say Ron Paul calls his bluff and begins a 5 minute "Liberty Segment" every night on his show!

VRP08
03-05-2008, 10:21 PM
I really did stop watching the news channels.

Primbs
03-05-2008, 10:32 PM
With friends like Tucker, who needs enemies.

Red Dingo
03-05-2008, 11:04 PM
I liked some of the article but not all. It's like a friend who's out to get you in innocent ways. I want to like Tucker and give him the benefit of the doubt, but he keeps referring to Ron Paul supporters as 'fringe'. He helps generate that. In fact, he is more liberal in desrcibing that than any other goebellist almost. This galls me:

"It's hard to think of a presidential candidate who's ever drawn a coalition as broad as Ron Paul's. At any Paul event, you're likely to run into self-described anarcho-capitalists, 9/11-deniers, antiwar lefties, objectivists, paleocons, hemp activists, and geeky high school kids, along with tax resisters, conspiracy nuts, and acolytes of Murray Rothbard." - Tucker.

I mean, how many Paul events has he been to. And, any fair journalist would say, "Paul has some of the most constitutional loving fans who love the ideas the founding fathers fought for. They are a diverse bunch but they are just like you and me. Paul also attracts a lot of more 'fringe' type characters, but that is only because Ron Paul does not judge people. He doesn't want to stand over you with a stick and moralize you. He wants to treat you as an adult and give you the respect to run your own life and make your own choices. You are responsible and you are accountable."

Tucker said something like this earlier in the article which I liked. But he always throws barbs in and bits of sourness, just enough to colour the flavour enough that you don't want to try it again.

Phenom24
03-05-2008, 11:15 PM
I canceled my cable entirely.

Did that on Monday. Save about $80 per month...

Take that, Comcast!

purplechoe
03-06-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm watching C-SPAN right now. Less filtered and less censored. :)

ryanmkeisling
03-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Did that on Monday. Save about $80 per month...

Take that, Comcast!

Nice! Where I live it is Charter media and I was getting cable and internet for about $89 a month (29 for internet, 60 for the cable). When I canceled they said well if you ditch the cable your internet will go up to $59 a month! So I asked to speak with a supervisor and spent the next hour berating their service; most stations go to paid advertisements after 3:00am, there are more commercials than anything else, and they carry the MSM stations which have a biased approach toward what they call journalism. I couldn't help but bring up Ron Paul and the media blackout. I told them cancel both and now I get internet service from my wireless provider for $49, so I am saving somewhat.

smartguy911
03-06-2008, 12:45 AM
well i gave up on news channel but still enjoy discovery, science etc

so any youtube?