PDA

View Full Version : people that live in state that defy real ID act may need Passport to travel withen US

akalucas
08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
"Americans may need passports to board domestic flights or to picnic in a national park next year if they live in one of the states defying the federal Real ID Act."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/16/real.id/index.html

This is just ridiculus

Kregener
08-16-2007, 06:35 PM
We should make a date- board and everybody gets to pick the exact day the shooting starts!

$10 per guess, winner take all.

inibo
08-16-2007, 06:44 PM
ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Usually that helps, but I don't feel any better

CurtisLow
08-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Again F' in crazy!

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/1277/iwantyouon2.jpg

jonahtrainer
08-16-2007, 07:15 PM
"Americans may need passports to board domestic flights or to picnic in a national park next year if they live in one of the states defying the federal Real ID Act."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/16/real.id/index.html

This is just ridiculus

The Supreme Court will probably strike it down because the right to interstate travel is fundamental and therefore subject to the strict scrutiny test.

But the bottom line is still the same; we as Americans need to step up and get involved in the Government. If we lack role models then we can surely become such; look at Ron Paul.

The longer we wait the heavier the chains and the deeper the blood will be to restore our freedoms. When it would have been easier why didn't you do something about it like Ron Paul? For those whose excuse is 'I wasn't born yet.' you may consider blasting your parents and grandparents. Thank them for ultimately screwing your generation. That may prod their conscience into action.

As Lincoln said "If the American people turn their backs on the political fires then they better be prepared to sit on their blisters." Like the Germans we have no one to blame but ourselves for holding our own Constitution inviolate.

Mesogen
08-16-2007, 07:16 PM
This is totally unconstitutional, of course.

Article IV sec 2:
"The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

So, sorry Michael Jerkoff.

SwooshOU
08-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Gosh, maybe we'll all have to move to the same state and secede or something.

Hook
08-16-2007, 07:17 PM
This is totally unconstitutional, of course.

Article IV sec 2:
"The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

So, sorry Michael Jerkoff.

You've probably noticed that the Bush administration isn't bothered by such technicalities.

Mesogen
08-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Chertoff said there would be repercussions for states choosing not to comply.

"This is not a mandate," Chertoff said. "A state doesn't have to do this, but if the state doesn't have -- at the end of the day, at the end of the deadline -- Real ID-compliant licenses then the state cannot expect that those licenses will be accepted for federal purposes."
Cool! What federal purpose did you have in mind? The income tax maybe? I guess if you can't accept my DL number on my 1040, you won't be accepting my tax filing then. I guess you won't be accepting any of my taxes either. Well, thank you Mike Jerkoff!!

Doh! Just checked. No DL number on 1040 form.

akalucas
08-16-2007, 08:50 PM
If the people dont let their states know they're not going to stand for this they are going to give into this strong-arming of the federal government.

Kregener
08-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Gosh, maybe we'll all have to move to the same state and secede or something.

And they would probably resurrect Abraham Lincoln and let him kill another 600,000+ Americans.

Secession ain't looked upon favorably.

DAZ
08-16-2007, 09:00 PM
We should make a date- board and everybody gets to pick the exact day the shooting starts!

As funny as this is, it's really not funny at all. :(

"This is not a mandate," Chertoff said. "A state doesn't have to do this, but if the state doesn't have -- at the end of the day, at the end of the deadline -- Real ID-compliant licenses then the state cannot expect that those licenses will be accepted for federal purposes."

Of course this is a mandate. It's like holding a gun to someone's head and saying, "You don't HAVE to give me your wallet, but if you don't I'll pull the trigger." Yet one more example of the urgent need to repeal the 17th Amendment and once more give the states a voice in DC through the Senate.

TheEvilDetector
08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
US 4th Reich "Infringing the rights of paper-free citizens since 2008" Enforcement Corps coming near you.

LizF
08-17-2007, 12:22 AM
"State reaction to Real ID has not been all negative. Four states have passed bills or resolutions expressing approval for the program, and 13 states have similar legislation pending (Several states have pending pieces of legislation both applauding and opposing Real ID)."

Which 4 states approve of Real ID? I want to know so I can stay away. :eek:

Edit: So far I've found links about California & NJ being in favor of Real ID
http://www.politechbot.com/2007/02/09/california-officials-like/

WannaBfree
08-17-2007, 12:45 AM

"IT'S TO PROTECT US FROM THE TERRORISTS"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/twogunkitten/americano.jpg

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-17-2007, 12:56 AM