PDA

View Full Version : Help BJ Lawson NOW!

DRV45N05
03-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Now that Ron Paul has vanquished his neocon rival in his re-election bid to Congress, it's time to start helping some Ron Paul Republicans who have a chance to win. BJ Lawson is certainly one of those.

We have put together a terrific organization in District 4 in North Carolina. We have scores of volunteers signed up to help us out, and more are coming in every day. Our signs and bumper stickers are popping up like a wildfire. We have gone out canvassing every Saturday for the past month, and we're getting terrific responses. The word is spreading quickly about the campaign. Even well-connected establishment people in NC are starting to get behind our campaign, as they see BJ as a terrific and appealing candidate who has a genuine chance to win in a heavily Democratic district, which is no small feat at all for a Republican. But people throughout the district are starting to wake up to the idea that our problems can only be solved through freedom, not government coercion of the type advocated for two decades by incumbent David Price. There is now a Democrats for BJ Lawson group that has been formed by a well-known Democratic activist in the District. It's even coming to the point where THE major North Carolina Democratic blog, BlueNC, has praised BJ personally, saying "BJ... is engaging, intelligent and respectful. He is the type of candidate who will enrich the discussion and strengthen the electoral process because he is willing to engage and educate."

And Rep. Price has laid a golden egg in our lap. He is fighting hard in Congress to bring NBAF, the National Agro and Bio Defense Facility, to the District. This facility is current at Plum Island in New York, and it is discharging deadly effluent into the water supply there, which is why they are trying to move it. This facility will study hundreds of diseases that currently have no cure, like Foot and Mouth Disease. The bottom line is that this is a corporate weflare gravy train that will do nothing more than line the pockets of mega-huge corporations and send comfortable academic elites in the area on some Caribbean vacations. This facility will put a significant dent in property values, and the government will be shielded from liability if there is an outbreak, providing bureaucrats with little incentive to maximize security. It will also be a massive drain on water resources, which are running low in the area already, and could end up damaging the quality of them. Rep. Price assures us he will make sure that the facility is completely secure, but in light of the Foot and Mouth outbreak in Britain last summer that came directly from a government lab, and the $60 billion corporate welfare boondoggle known as the Department of Homeland Security, one could and should easily be inclined to not trust him and the government bureaucrats very much. As you can imagine, this is angering voters in the District, and it is giving us an opportunity to reach out to members of the community whose interests are in line with ours.

But that's not stopping some people who don't like us and want to shut us out from doing their dirty work. Our primary opponent, Augustus Cho, is running a campaign that is 100% focused on intense personal attacks on BJ. (Or at least, in many cases, what he must view as "attacks" when he says them.) He opened his speech at the Durham County GOP Convention last weekend with the line: "What my primary young opponent did not tell you is that he supports Ron Paul and I do not," as if that is some sort of bad thing (nevermind that it is completely irrelevant to this particular campaign). Time after time, he attacks BJ for being young and "unaccomplished;" nevermind that BJ has a background as an engineer, neurosurgeon, and hugely successful IT entrepreneur who has helped in a huge way to reduce a massive inefficiency in our health care system and improve it. Cho has accused BJ time and again of being a "RINO" and of being a "Libertarian," as if people who believe in liberty can only be in the Libertarian Party and don't belong in the Repulican Party, even though Article III of the NCGOP Platform, titled "Individual Liberty," states: "We embrace the vision for America established by our nation’s founders — the authors of the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the North Carolina Declaration of Rights." His supporters have sent out emails to grassroots Republicans telling people not to support BJ while not really giving any good reasons to support Cho.

This isn't going to stop here. If we win the GOP nomination, you can bet that we will see the full force of the North Carolina Democratic Party and Washington Democratic insider machine coming after us. David Price is one of their icons and prized possessions, and if there's any sign of a threat, they will act promptly to smear his opponent and attempt to take him out. BJ is a real threat, and people are starting to get wind of it.

The bottom line is that we need your help. We have $75,000 in the bank right now, but we're going to need a hell of a lot more. It's going to take over $1 million to win this seat, and we need to start bringing in lots of money very quickly. If you can, please donate, but what will be even more valuable is if you tell everyone in Ron Paul REVOLUTION circles about BJ and get them to donate. WE CAN WIN THIS SEAT! We've got tons of talent and energy behind us, and we have the biggest asset of all: a fantastic candidate. Please give what you can, and do it ASAP. If you would like to help us set up a money bomb and promote it, please get in contact with me as soon as possible. If you live in North Carolina or close to it and want to help out the campaign more concretely, please get in touch with me as soon as possible. Let's score one for the REVOLUTION in the 4th District of North Carolina!

Paige Michael-Shetley
Field Coordinator, Youth Coordinator
Lawson for Congress

sluggo
03-09-2008, 02:06 PM
bump

RP4EVER
03-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Im planning on mailing a donation to BJ as soon as I get my printer hooked up and working

sluggo
03-09-2008, 05:31 PM
The donation page, for anyone who is interested:
https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/

skyorbit
03-11-2008, 01:25 AM
Unfortunitely I have limited Funds.

I already sent $111.11 to Murray Sabrin.

I think a Senator is a much bigger prise and I think we can do it.

Tracy

bucfish
03-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Bump for Liberty so we can say to Ron Dr. Paul your reinforcements have arrived may you never vote alone again in defense of Our Liberties!!!

voytechs
03-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Done!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3106/2324663435_34d298e61d.jpg?v=0