PDA

View Full Version : utter dissappointment in texas

spudea
03-05-2008, 03:15 PM
RP recieved 37,220 votes for his congressional seat

only 6697 votes for president in his congressional district.

and votes total for president 69,824

highest district was #25 at 16.54%

jblosser
03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
We completely dominated the delegate selection process and when the dust settles may control the entire state.

That is all.

English Mastiff
03-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Gaining delegates is all that matters but even still, it's completely frustrating and baffling that he wouldn't have gotten more votes out of his own state, especially his district. What the hell is wrong w/ these people? What are they not getting?! UGH

Naraku
03-05-2008, 04:21 PM
It's party loyalty and voting with momentum.

amistybleu
03-05-2008, 05:13 PM
It's party loyalty and voting with momentum.

I disagree, it's blatent ignorance.

OptionsTrader
03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
We completely dominated the delegate selection process and when the dust settles may control the entire state.

That is all.

We have a majority of the delegates in our precinct. # 6_6_5

Johnny Crab
03-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Gaining delegates is all that matters+1

but even still, it's completely frustrating and baffling that he wouldn't have gotten more votes out of his own state, especially his district. What the hell is wrong w/ these people? What are they not getting?! UGH+10000
He got 11.32% in Jackson County. Gotta' understand that the other % must be brainwashed or simply believe everything coming out of the brainwashing machine(TV) or are so insecure that they ONLY want to be able to say they voted for a "winner".

Go delegates!!!!

Mordan
03-06-2008, 11:46 AM
RP recieved 37,220 votes for his congressional seat

only 6697 votes for president in his congressional district.

and votes total for president 69,824

highest district was #25 at 16.54%

hey source please. We must start posting with source attached so we get more clout

69 824 = http://enr.sos.state.tx.us/enr/mar04_135_race0.htm?x=0&y=160&id=526
37 220 = http://enr.sos.state.tx.us/enr/mar04_135_state.htm?x=0&y=1345&id=474

where can i find source the two other numbers. I need source for an article. thx

tmosley
03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Maybe they didn't want him to leave their congressional seat for the White House. They like him too much.

INeedATherapist
03-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I think it's the fact that they're uneducated about the people. He's been serving for quite some time down there, so they know his name and figured he's done a good job (it's why incumbents have an easier time). They periodically watch the news on TV, read about it in newspapers and know John McCain has been doing well, so they vote for him because obviously the other people voting have a good reason for voting for him.

That's just my idea of why there was such a big difference. Some also probably think that Ron Paul might not make a good president, but they probably think he's a better Congressman than a Chris Peden who uses a smear campaign to get votes. Smear campaigns usually turn people off to voting for you.

Draco33
03-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Of course it also didn't hurt McCain's that his name was the 1st one on the list and Paul's name was 3rd from the bottom on a list of 12. Paul's name was behind Mittens and even Ghouliani's.

dirknb@hotmail.com
03-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Of course it also didn't hurt McCain's that his name was the 1st one on the list and Paul's name was 3rd from the bottom on a list of 12. Paul's name was behind Mittens and even Ghouliani's.

In San Antonio his name was first on the list.

Ira Aten
03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
It is quite interesting to see how pitifully few votes showed up for Ron Paul while one of the major fucking problems Fox News and CNN and MSNBC et al experienced when conducting text message polls, was Ron Paul winning by atoundingly large figures.

And it wasn't due to being able to vote more than once as Sean "Yur a Grate Umarkin" Hannity tried to convey each and every time Ron Paul drowned his opponents with votes.

You could only vote once from the same number. So everyone had the same amount of chances to vote in the time frame allowed, unless you went to AT & T and bought about 156,000 telephones within a five hour time span.

So how is it that he barely got any votes when it counted? Could it be that the voting was just as rigged as the precinct conventions were?

In Texas, in one certain county, not one single precinct in the county posted the convention notices and locations as required by law. I know, I live in that county.

I am left with only one conclusion. The votes were rigged. Nothing else seems to explain it. I know damn well we didn't stay home, based on the folks trying to discover where the precinct conventions were being secretly held. And the right wingers all voted for Hillary to try to block Obama.

So wonder what gives?

bcreps85
03-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Personally I think it is just who was counting the votes. You can't convince me that less than 1 in 5 people who wanted him as a congressman wanted him as president...some, sure, but not that many.

tmosley
03-11-2008, 11:24 AM
It is quite interesting to see how pitifully few votes showed up for Ron Paul while one of the major fucking problems Fox News and CNN and MSNBC et al experienced when conducting text message polls, was Ron Paul winning by atoundingly large figures.

And it wasn't due to being able to vote more than once as Sean "Yur a Grate Umarkin" Hannity tried to convey each and every time Ron Paul drowned his opponents with votes.

You could only vote once from the same number. So everyone had the same amount of chances to vote in the time frame allowed, unless you went to AT & T and bought about 156,000 telephones within a five hour time span.

So how is it that he barely got any votes when it counted? Could it be that the voting was just as rigged as the precinct conventions were?

In Texas, in one certain county, not one single precinct in the county posted the convention notices and locations as required by law. I know, I live in that county.

I am left with only one conclusion. The votes were rigged. Nothing else seems to explain it. I know damn well we didn't stay home, based on the folks trying to discover where the precinct conventions were being secretly held. And the right wingers all voted for Hillary to try to block Obama.

So wonder what gives?

Not necessarily. He won all the texting polls because we have a devoted base that is spread all over the country. while we may only have 3 or 4 people per precinct, we win out at the national level (especially when you have to pay to vote) because our people are willing to go the extra mile. That kind of devotion is what raises money and gets campaigns rolling. The reason we didn't run away with the election is because we didn't have enough experience. We had to learn as we went. Enthusiasm and devotion are great, but you have to know how to get out the message and sway the populace.

Even if it wasn't enough to take the white house this time, it will be enough to take control of the republican party. Once we are all party insiders, WE will be the ones selecting candidates. WE will be the ones who say whether someone is viable or not. WE will get to choose between liberty and oppression.

We just have to stay focused, and remain committed.

therealjjj77
03-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Chances are great that we can thank Diebold for this disparity. Where would we be without their counting machines telling us the way people should have voted?

All hail to the Federal Reserve as they save our economy: http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080311/fed_credit_crisis.html?.v=6

"See! Capitalism just doesn't work!" My goodness. What a bunch of yahoos.

acroso
03-18-2008, 01:19 AM
What do you mean he dominated the delegate selection process?