PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul remains a presidential candidate

RonPaulFanInGA
03-05-2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/nation/03/06/0306ronpaul.html

Texas congressman in race 'as long as his supporters wish it,' spokesman says.

By Ken Herman

WASHINGTON BUREAU

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

WASHINGTON — President Bush welcomed John McCain to the White House today and hailed him as "the nominee of the Republican Party."

But while that Rose Garden victory celebration was going on, Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul — who issued a statement Tuesday night saying he will return to the U.S. House next year — continued a presidential race he now seems to be conceding he cannot win.

"There were 11. Now there are two," says a posting on Paul's Web site that shows the crossed-out faces of nine Republican contenders who have dropped out of the presidential race.

In the Tuesday night statement after he won renomination for his U.S. House seat, Paul said, "I have no Democrat opponent in November and will serve another term in Congress where I will continue my battle on behalf of taxpayers."

"I look forward to representing all of the good people of the 14th district of Texas in Congress in the years to come," he said.

Despite the comments, Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said Paul "remains in the (presidential) race and will do so as long as his supporters wish it."

Despite Paul's continued poor showings in primaries — on Tuesday he got 5 percent of the vote in Texas and Ohio, and 7 percent in Rhode Island and Vermont — many of his supporters want the campaign to continue.

"There is a very good chance that John McCain could drop out of the race when enough negative information hits the masses," a Paul backer said in a Wednesday e-mail. "Ron Paul and his supporters are counting on this. Whether this is realistic or not, only time will tell."

"McNut didn't win nothing," said another Paul supporter in complaining about reports indicating that Paul, in his comment about remaining in the U.S. House, was conceding defeat in the presidential race.

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino told reporters today that Bush has called several of the Republican contenders who had dropped out of the race.

But there was no call to Paul.

"I don't believe Ron Paul has dropped out of the race yet," she noted. "But obviously the president and Ron Paul have known each other for many years from their time in Texas and I'm sure they'll speak at some point in the future."

kigol
03-06-2008, 08:30 AM
ugh

Laja
03-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Jeez, the RP supporter they quote sounds like a caveman. I don't know why I keep reading these MSM articles posted on the forum. I already know what they're about...and it's not service to the people who read them.

Banana
03-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Not surprised that Dubya didn't bother calling Paul.

After all, he endorsed Paul's opponent and we all knew how well it came out.

Yes, the choice of quotes are unfortunate. I just wish every supporters would be more cautious in what they tell others, especially MSM reporters...

hawks4ronpaul
03-06-2008, 09:57 AM
In other breaking news, Barack Obama did not drop out, Hillary Clinton is still a Democrat, and today is still Thursday.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Banana
03-06-2008, 10:01 AM
No shit!