PDA

View Full Version : McCain keeps saying the surge is working?

ScottA
03-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Sorry, but I have to get it out.

I am sooo tired of hearing him say the surge is working.....there are two reason why the surge is "working".

1. The one main group who hates the US in Iraq has called a temporary truce and just announced they will continue for another 6 months. (Sorry I forget what the group is called). This is why the killing is down.

2. The MSM has stopped reporting it so much.

Man it burns me up every time I hear him say it....and that is what will get the general public behind his candidacy....as if he was right or had some great insight. I wish someone in the media would connect the dots as to why the "surge" is working.

Of course our candidate won't get credit about knowing the economic conditions were coming.

Scott

angelatc
03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Yes. If the goal of the surge was to provide a stable Iraq that could maintain a government without our continued presence then it isn't working.

The north and south of Iraq are falling apart. Afghanistan is being rapidly lost too.

Oh, wait - we need to invade Iran.

N13
03-05-2008, 01:53 PM
cease fire > surge

giving Sunnis weapons > surge

ItsTime
03-05-2008, 01:53 PM
It is working because we bombed Somalia. (Im trying to use neo-con logic)

Yes. If the goal of the surge was to provide a stable Iraq that could maintain a government without our continued presence then it isn't working.

The north and south of Iraq are falling apart. Afghanistan is being rapidly lost too.

Oh, wait - we need to invade Iran.

IRO-bot
03-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Sorry, but I have to get it out.

I am sooo tired of hearing him say the surge is working.....there are two reason why the surge is "working".

1. The one main group who hates the US in Iraq has called a temporary truce and just announced they will continue for another 6 months. (Sorry I forget what the group is called). This is why the killing is down.

2. The MSM has stopped reporting it so much.

Man it burns me up every time I hear him say it....and that is what will get the general public behind his candidacy....as if he was right or had some great insight. I wish someone in the media would connect the dots as to why the "surge" is working.

Of course our candidate won't get credit about knowing the economic conditions were coming.

Scott

Want to hear something funny?
In response to you number one, the reason why they called the truce is because we are subsidising them with $800,000 a day, or $10 for every member. LOL, think of all the guns and ammo and bombs those guys can buy with that money and then what happens when they end the truce.

It's sad.

TruthAtLast
03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Want to hear something funny?
In response to you number one, the reason why they called the truce is because we are subsidising them with $800,000 a day, or $10 for every member. LOL, think of all the guns and ammo and bombs those guys can buy with that money and then what happens when they end the truce.

It's sad.

that's exactly right. they are outright bribing them to stop killing. Yep the "surge" IS working, but the surge they should be talking about is the one to our National Debt that we use to bribe the opposition.

IRO-bot
03-05-2008, 02:50 PM
that's exactly right. they are outright bribing them to stop killing. Yep the "surge" IS working, but the surge they should be talking about is the one to our National Debt that we use to bribe the opposition.

I can see the dejavu. Like How did Saddam get his WMD's? Oh, we gave them to him and funded his military.

How did the Shites( or sunnis can't remember) get all these shiny new weapons? Oh we gave them to them.

Will it ever end?