PDA

View Full Version : The Great 2008 Debate - Paul vs. McCain

Publius Freeman
03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
It's high (noon) time for Ron Paul to challenge McCain to a debate (on neutral ground, like George Mason University...)

This would be nothing less than the political, non-violent equivalent of a DUEL!

Many have said McCain would be afraid to agree to such a challenge. Is this really true?

Who shall be able to stand for the GOP?

Let's make it happen People!!! HQ!!!

RP2008!

phixion
03-05-2008, 01:06 PM
McCain is so scared of Ron Paul it's not even funny.

Pete

jab
03-05-2008, 01:10 PM
There is NO WAY McCain would accept that.. He's a complete fool, neocon puppet, and he knows that everytime he opens his mouth he proves it a little more.

Not only that, but why would the media all of a sudden give RP any airtime for free like that??

NoxTwilight
03-05-2008, 01:13 PM
I agree it's not likely to happen but I sure would love to see it.

freelance
03-05-2008, 01:13 PM
A frontrunner never accepts a debate. That's a rule. :rolleyes:

Publius Freeman
03-05-2008, 01:15 PM
A frontrunner never accepts a debate. That's a rule. :rolleyes:

The challenge still needs to made, publicly. Let McCain speak for himself, for the record...

RP2008!

dbhohio47
03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
A little late in the game....considering the media has already annointed McCain as the nominee. Wow, though. I could just see the look on the RNC peoples' faces if rumor got out that this was being attempted. The smear campaign against RP would go nuclear!

Publius Freeman
03-05-2008, 01:22 PM
A little late in the game....considering the media has already annointed McCain as the nominee. Wow, though. I could just see the look on the RNC peoples' faces if rumor got out that this was being attempted. The smear campaign against RP would go nuclear!

(The game has only just begun, my friend...)

Oust the mountebanks!

RP2008!

Andrew-Austin
03-05-2008, 01:23 PM
He would just say that he had nothing to gain from "winning" a debate with Paul, and is very busy.

ARealConservative
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
If Peden were to challenge Paul to a debate today, should he accept?

What does Paul have to gain by accepting?

Publius Freeman
03-05-2008, 01:31 PM
He would just say that he had nothing to gain from "winning" a debate with Paul, and is very busy.

If enough questions continue to be raised within the GOP, with protest about not voting for a McCain ticket (no matter what), McCain might just have to answer such a challenge...or play the coward, non-responsive to party issues at hand...the people can see right through him, and I think he knows it.

Let's bring it on...and let him decide his fate.

RP2008!

ButchHowdy
03-05-2008, 01:33 PM

At this point, even a smear campaign would be good press!

fourameuphoria
03-05-2008, 01:36 PM

Thank you.

Meekus
03-05-2008, 01:39 PM
McCain would have nothing to gain and everything to lose from a debate with Paul. The MSM has already proclaimed him the winner, so why would he jeopardize that?

Mind you, it would be awesome to see however unlikely. Ron Paul would tear him to shreds. It would be a battle of rhetoric VS logical wisdom.

Publius Freeman
03-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Here's another way to look at this...

If RP doesn't challenge McCain very soon, RP is essentially conceding the race to McCain, by default.

This needn't be the case. Time for proactive action is NOW!

RP2008!

Publius Freeman
03-05-2008, 01:43 PM

It's called free press...

RP is fearless, and would have a field day against Paden, essentially locking him out of any future in politics vs. RP...it would do nothing but bring RP press, and further emphasize his recent victory. Bring it on Chris!

Note: RP has absolutely NOTHING to lose, and everything to gain, in making such a challenge to McCain.
There is little need for "business as usual" in the Ron Paul R3VOLution...at least not until limited, Constitutional government of the People, by the People, and for the People is restored to America.

Freedom, Prosperity, Peace...

RP2008!

Publius Freeman
03-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Or Panamanchurianism?

Anyeong
03-06-2008, 12:08 AM
A debate between McCain and Ron Paul would cripple McCain permanently.

VoteForRonPaul
03-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Come on guys somebody should create for us a Youtube's video about this challenge.

pinkmandy
03-06-2008, 12:12 AM
A debate between McCain and Ron Paul would cripple McCain permanently.

+ 1,000,000,0000

ClockwiseSpark
03-06-2008, 12:21 AM
It's a lovely idea though I think the chances of it happening are zero.

That being said, the grassroots would have to make the challenge. It could be something based on McCain's weak answer in regards to economics. I think that would be the most reasonable approach. Perhaps even frame it as though we are looking for a good reason to support McCain, make him think he has something to gain.

It's a long shot but what do we have to lose.

DFF
03-06-2008, 12:29 AM
McCain would have nothing to gain and everything to lose from a debate with Paul. The MSM has already proclaimed him the winner, so why would he jeopardize that?

Mind you, it would be awesome to see however unlikely. Ron Paul would tear him to shreds. It would be a battle of rhetoric VS logical wisdom.

QFT. Debating Ron mono e mono for an hour straight would prove absolutely disastrous for McCain's presidential aspirations and perhaps even fatal for McCain himself. I could see him going out ala Fred Sanford on stage after Ron lobbed a few hardball economics questions at him.

UnitedWeStand
03-06-2008, 12:29 AM
It's a lovely idea though I think the chances of it happening are zero.

That being said, the grassroots would have to make the challenge. It could be something based on McCain's weak answer in regards to economics. I think that would be the most reasonable approach. Perhaps even frame it as though we are looking for a good reason to support McCain, make him think he has something to gain.

It's a long shot but what do we have to lose.

This is a great idea. They want us to support him, so they should be willing to talk us into it right?

I wish it were possible, but we, them and McCain all know that he is an idiot that can't speak without his handlers. Could Ron debate the handlers?

UnitedWeStand
03-06-2008, 12:31 AM
QFT. Debating Ron mono e mono for an hour straight would prove absolutely disastrous for McCain's presidential aspirations and perhaps even fatal for McCain himself. I could see him going out ala Fred Sanford on stage after Ron lobbed a few hardball economics questions at him.

Although Ive often typed lol, I rarely actually do=) Thank you!

"Lizbeth"

PauliticsPolitics
03-06-2008, 12:51 AM
The sad reality is... outside of this RP forum, the rest of the world has assumed the Repub. primary is over . . . and it basically is since that's what the national consciousness has decided. Maybe we can pull some delegate magic, maybe we can win one of the last few states, but seriously . . . nobody in the rest of the world cares. RP challenging McCain to a duel would be a joke mch like Alan Keyes challenging McCain to a debate.

It's sad but true...

dbhohio47
03-06-2008, 08:28 AM
With our luck, the moderators would STILL refuse to ask RP any questions or give him any response time.

Sarah
03-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Not all ppl think the Rep primary is over. I think if Ron Paul were/or had been seen more there would have been a different outcome.

It would be good if Ron Paul himself would do a TV ad himself challenging McCain to a debate.

If it came right from Ron Paul ppl would take it more seriously and be interested.

I'd love to see this.

I can just see McCain being taken away during the debate saying ..."But- but- but- I was a foot soldier..."

acptulsa
03-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Some of you people are talented with YouTube. Make your own debate. Come up with a list of questions, then find video of speeches and/or previous debates where each candidate answers the question. Polish it and make it as funny as possible--considering McCain, shouldn't be too hard. You could throw in more than one McCain clip for questions where he's flip flopped, and include places where he's stuck his foot in his mouth.

For example, have an avatar moderator, use clips of debate questions, or just use subtitles. Show the question, "Where do you stand on Iran?"

Ron Paul clip where he is describing the problems with interventionism.

Show McCain singing a verse of "Bomb Iran".

Ron Paul clip talking about the Shah.

Another verse of "Bomb Iran".

Insert the strongest argument against nation building you've ever seen Dr. Paul make.

Next question.

Get it really, really right--we can all work together on it--and post it. It's the video age. We can stage a debate ourselves. Feel like a Daughter of the American Revolution yet?

kigol
03-06-2008, 08:42 AM
I agree it's not likely to happen but I sure would love to see it.

kigol
03-06-2008, 08:46 AM
would be nice

Sarah
03-06-2008, 08:51 AM
I honestly think it needs to be done in a serious manor with Ron Paul
actually making the challenge. JMO though.

Maybe I have misunderstood.
Is this something you really want to happen or is it to show McCain is a coward?

acptulsa
03-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I honestly think it needs to be done in a serious manor with Ron Paul
actually making the challenge. JMO though.

Maybe I have misunderstood.
Is this something you really want to happen or is it to show McCain is a coward?

Yes. The second would be the consolation prize, but the MSM would never play it that way (probably wouldn't even mention it). I still say the best we can hope for is to YouTube our own.

Sarah
03-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Is it possible to get the actual words from RP to be used in the YouTube.
It can be passed around by us.

Do we know if Ron Paul is willing to debate McCain at this point?
I would love to see it really happen and thing it would have a very good impact.