03-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Felix Montez
For
Minnesota District 59A – House of Representatives

fmontez@gmail.com – www.FelixForHouse.Com

Prepared and paid for by Felix for House Committee

khorbis
03-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Sorry, but your website is woefully inadequate if you expect me to donate to your campaign just on the basis of that one paragraph.

Background?

Issues?

If I see some improvement, I'll donate.

newyearsrevolution08
03-05-2008, 02:11 PM
I still dont get why people dont realize that some of these candidates do not realize how important a website is. However instead of us griping I think we should offer help.

To be taking professionally you need to present yourself in that manner. If you want to get donations and support then make your site and yourself professionally attractive so people can KNOW you do have potential and ability to win and that you are not simply someone on the ron paul excitement and jumping in feet first with no clue as to what you are doing.

I think anyone running for anything should FIRST have a solid website setup with all positions and everything else. Or at least have one of the first goals to be getting a site design done OR have a ron paul supporter who does designs start helping freedom candidates with designs.

Liberté
03-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Felix Montez
For

Tdcci
03-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Websites cost money

What does that mean? You already have the domain name and the hosting down. All you need to do is create more pages telling people who you are, what your positions are on the issues, where your events are, and how to donate to you. If you cannot afford to hire someone to write for you, write it yourself - maybe then you can garner the support of at least this forum.

jmdrake
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Websites cost money, and there are a lot of rules and regulations involved in raising/spending that money. Mailings cost money, posters, stickers, signs, buttons, domain registration... all cost money. Many of us know our sites are not super!

After the GOP endorsement process we will be upgrading to a professional website. As to the lack of context, that will have to remain until AFTER the convention... this is the decision we reached, we do not want to get sidetracked into a core republican vs. moderate republican fight at the convention.

If you want platform, they are available via e-mail.

Ya gotta spend money to make money. ;) Here's my advice. There are some of us sitting around twiddling our thumbs not sure what to do next because frankly the presidential campaign is...well who knows. Some of us are professional programmers. Updating your website to something twice as good wouldn't be hard for some of us provided that you gave the content to work with. I'm not talking anything as extensive as RonPaul2008.com, but something a LITTLE better than "Felix Montez is running for congress and he's signed a liberty pact. Here's a donate button."

Here's an example of a site that's twice as good (at least) but still isn't that complex.

http://www.jimforsythe.com/

He has a home page, a bio page an issues page and a donate page. All you have is a home and donate page. Adding two more pages is trivial provided that you're willing to supply the CONTENT.

Bio Page
Here's a sample bio questionaire.

Tell me about your family.

Tell me about your past political experience. (Even if that's just working in a campaign).

Tell me about your past employment and/or business experience. Even if it's something simple like being a teacher. Did you inspire your students?

Any military experience?

Issues Page

I wouldn't let concerns over "moderate" versus "core" republican factionalism stop you from having an issues page. Just pick a few issues you feel strongly about that cut across all factions. Maybe its fiscal responsibility and cutting the deficit. Maybe its cutting taxes. You don't have to come out and say anything about the Iraq war. (I wouldn't). But put something up. The "liberty compact" is a good start. I'd just flesh it out a bit.

Finally realize this. There's a slate of people asking Ron Paul supporters for money now and people have limited funds. You want to tap into those funds? You've got to have a little more omph in your site. The free market at work. ;)

Regards,

John M. Drake

Liberté
03-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Felix Montez
For

amy31416
03-06-2008, 04:43 AM
We actually do have position papers, and had link pages up last week, but they are down for now, until after the convention. We do not want to get bogged down in the convention process. as I said if anyone wanting to donate/chat sends an e-mail we will be happy to respond with an answer/link. Also, this is a State Rep seat, not a federal seat... things are on a lot smaller scale.

After the convention we will invest money into a professional site, more yard signs, mass mailings, etc...

I know people mean well, but all this negative talk about candidates (and their websites) is silly. it needs to stop, if you see a website you don't like try this (1) offer to program one for the candidate (if you have that skill), (2) contact them and offer to make a donation earmarked to development of a better website.

WWRPD

Boy! That don't make no damn sense.

kevman657
03-10-2008, 11:55 AM
LOL, do you think we have extra money lying all over the place? Might as well just run myself if I'm gonna program the site, pay to have it put up, and then donate more for you to actually campaign.

Start up fees (including filing) might be a couple thousand. If you can't afford to leave your job and pay this then I would not suggest running. If you can, put up a website with a nice, welcoming design...then we'll start helping you raise money.

notcarljung
03-11-2008, 07:53 AM
the website is much better than it was. *applause*.

try and get a list of registered voters. as i recall from the precinct leader thing it has the people who've donated to a campaign in the past. ;)

VaderM5
03-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Nice new site Felix.