PDA

View Full Version : What are the Chances? (McCain)

christagious
03-05-2008, 11:50 AM
I"ve seen quite a few people here comment on McCain and if something big will happen before the convention thus allowing Ron Paul to secure the nomination?

I"m not trying to be a troll or anything, and I think it would be great if something worked out in our favor, but realistically what are the chances? And what are some of the possible scenarios?

christagious
03-05-2008, 12:23 PM
somebody please... enlighten me

Cleaner44
03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_76AfGbIzxyg/R87hx62D8BI/AAAAAAAAAA0/Tq72iZI4H0k/s320/Unelectable.png

christagious
03-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, I know that he'll lose against the Dems, but what kinds of things are people talking about that will happen before the convention?

phixion
03-05-2008, 12:57 PM
You all have access to firearms over there in the states. If John McCain is still alive come convention this certainly wasn't a 'revolution' of any sorts, was it.

I don't know what's more crazy - raising $20,000,000 to think Ron Paul could take on the media or putting a slug in McCains fat-head handing the nomination to Ron Paul instantly.

There's probably an equal chance of Ron Paul getting the nomination as there is a crazy (or unhinged realist out for glory with not much to lose except his country) plotting to take McCain out. In other words, neither events are very likely at all. Perhaps zero chance.

Please note I am not advoctating taking him out. I am merely using a scenario to demonstrate how little chance Ron Paul has. :)

Pete

molly_pitcher
03-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Slim to None... and Slim just left town.

pinkmandy
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
McCain isn't young and doesn't look healthy imo. Could his cancer come back? Could he have a stroke? I'd never advocate violence in taking him out but if something natural happened to him I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

clouds
03-05-2008, 01:29 PM
He is financially unstable, apparently permanently, for his loan from the government.

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Either his financial misdealings or a number of other skeletons in his closet could come back to haunt him. The Constitutional requirement that the president be a natural born citizen is not affected by any federal statute and has never been absolutely defined by the Supreme Court, and that could be used by delegates to refuse to nominate him. Any number of things are possible.

What are the odds? What were the odds that any part of this year's race would work out the way it did? What were the odds that the Giants would win the Superbowl? Is freedom worth working a slim chance?