PDA

View Full Version : Montana Secretary of State

christagious
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I recently emailed the Montana secretary of state supporting his decision to secede if the supreme court takes away our gun rights.
Here's his reply

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding my letter to the editor in the Washington Times about the Supreme Court case DC vs. Heller.

I hope the Supreme Court will resolve this case in the proper way – by ruling that the Second Amendment protects the right of individual Americans to keep and bear arms. If my letter can help that in even the smallest way, that will be more than enough for me.

The right to keep and bear arms is this country’s fundamental freedom – all our other rights are protected by our second amendment rights. As Montana’s chief election official, I often say that our right to vote protects our right to keep and bear arms, and our right to keep and bear arms protects our right to vote.

Thanks again for your vote of confidence. More than anything else, the Second Amendment is protected by the dedicated citizens around the country who value it highly enough to defend it.

Sincerely,

BRAD JOHNSON

Montana Secretary of State

bucfish
03-05-2008, 12:00 PM
I personally do not like guns nor own one. But I do value the right of citizens to keep in bear arms. It is in the Constitution and is the best means of defense for people and their family from criminals and for general protection. Anyone is naive to think that ANY government could not become tyranical or overstep there boundaries. Just look at history ALL governments when left unchecked work for totilatarian rule. It is the nature of Wealth and Power and the toxic blend you get when you combine the two.

tommyzDad
03-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Bump.