PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul may drop out if we don't start donating!!

TwiLeXia
03-05-2008, 10:31 AM
It's been at around 6 million for weeks! What are we doing?

HollyforRP
03-05-2008, 10:35 AM
There are other ways to show support. Marching, canvassing, speaking to people. Not everyone here can afford to donate anymore. Alot of people didn't see the money donated towards national tv ads so became discouraged and can't say I blame them although the media has really had a negative impact on his chances of winning.

You can donate all day but if the establishment is against a message, no amount of money will help.

m72mc
03-05-2008, 10:41 AM
many have not listened to Ron Paul or understood his message. They just wanīt a quick fix, which wonīt happen.
At the same time donīt forget he also got 1+ million to his congressional campaign.
My guess is that it will pick up again.

Revolution9
03-05-2008, 10:43 AM
http://www.libertyeditions.com/img/Liberty_Shield_web.jpg

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Why would he drop out? The campaign hasn't even been spending much of the $6 million raised so far this quarter. They didn't run ads in any states outside Texas that I know of, and Ron Paul has been essentially confined to Texas with no visits elsewhere for weeks. The GOP is widely viewed as a dead-end now by most of our supporters, the only way funding will soar again is when an independent run is announced.

jmdrake
03-05-2008, 10:49 AM
It's been at around 6 million for weeks! What are we doing?

Donating to Ron Paul's congressional bid as well as to Murray Sabrin and other senate / congressional candidates. Presidential donations are only one sign of political activity and frankly not the best at this point. Signing up to be a precinct leader is free and yet that's dropped off.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/RonPaul2008/~3/244972982/t-minus-1-day-a.html

People simply aren't going to donate solely to the presidential campaign when there are these other calls for their money that Ron Paul has endorsed and when there isn't a clear strategy on the presidential campaign going forward. Now that his congressional seat is secure if Dr. Paul gives people a solid reason for donating to the presidential campaign (and not to fund some "march on Washington") people will donate.

Regards,

John M. Drake

UnitedWeStand
03-05-2008, 10:51 AM
He still needs money to fly to the states who have yet to vote.

I think a congradulations on the congressional seat money bomb is in order. It's a good idea, but I think that an april 15th press releasable money bomb is a great idea. Not only will it help Ron Paul, but it could draw attention and press to the facts of the income tax and give remaining voters and delegates the chance to realize that Ron Paul is opposed to the income tax and why. It would give people who werent able or didnt want to attend the grannny warrior rally a way to participate. And--we have time to promote it as well.

I've read somewhere that Ron Paul might use the remainders of his presidential coffers to fund the races of other congressional candidates.

When was the last time you heard Ron Paul speak where he didn't mention, As long as the donations keep coming in, Ill stay in the race?

I'm going to go donate $50 right now. I'll "earn" that $50 by not driving very much this week, and therefore not filling up with the $50 of gas.