PDA

View Full Version : If RPF was a knitting forum

hawks4ronpaul
03-05-2008, 08:57 AM
"I am this knitting forum's biggest supporter BUT..."

"Knitting is unpopular. Nothing will change that."

"Knitting doesn't work, people. It never did. It's time you realized that."

"This shouldn't even be a knitting forum. It should be a candlemaking forum."

"The best way to knit is to learn to cook, because otherwise you'll starve and can't knit when dead, so we need to focus all our money and energy on inventing a new type of stove."

"Our knitting movement is hopeless. I told everyone at the knitting fair that they have to buy my brand of needles but they didn't want to hear it. This proves that the knitting message doesn't work."

"I went to this pottery forum and politely told them how they shouldn't like pottery and how knitting was better and how we're going to take over all the pottery forums. Those jerks started trashing all knitters as spammers and trolls. Face it, we're doomed."

"Gosh, look at all these negative articles that I will post all over the forum in multiple threads with links. Be sure to visit and read about how knitting is stupid."

"Everybody hates knitters so to fight the everybody hates knitters theme I posted this article about why everybody hates knitters all over the internet: 'Why does everyone hate knitters? So many people hate knitters that it seems like knitting has no chance of surviving because of all the hate against knitters...'"

"Wow, I just found this picture of Hitler in the Alps wearing a jaunty knitted top. If this is true, I just can't support knitting anymore."

"HELP! What's going on now? What should we knit? No one knows anything. Without real leadership, what's the point in going on?" [in response to nothing, NO change in a consistent, stable, year-long plan that is only half-way through so far]

"This forum used to have 500 viewers. Now it has 300. What's going on? Everyone's quitting. Why bother knitting? It's over."

"Freemasons control all the yarn anyway."

"You will never finish that sweater."

"I always knew you would never finish that sleeve by today."

"I finally woke up after yesterday's knitting meetup disaster. I'm never knitting again." [deja vu; this person finally wakes up and quits on a regular basis, must have amnesia]

"If you really want to finish that sweater by Christmas, you need to paint my house, clean my house every week, and groundskeep my yard every week, and by doing that, your sweater will have the best chance of being knitted."

"How much money is this knitting forum making behind your back? Wake up! They're using you! I guess this is why knitting forums are in decline."

"Your husband has been secretly undermining your knitting all along. He's also cheating on you. You might as well leave him and quit knitting."

"All you losers knitting in your parent's basement will never accomplish anything."

[After forum members respond to all the negativity] "Boy, everyone including the moderators are attacking me just because I don't agree. Now I see why everyone thinks knitters are rude, angry, delusional, cultish, kool-aid-drinking kooks."

Keep knitting.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

wstrucke
03-05-2008, 08:58 AM
are there really knitting forums out there?

pappy
03-05-2008, 09:02 AM
:D

http://www.knittingforums.com/

mtmedlin
03-05-2008, 09:04 AM
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ernstmul/images/yahoo/18.gif

Revolution9
03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Frigging bloody hilarious!:D Never use fake polyester wool. Only use real wool if yer gonna spend all that time knittiing.

Best
Randy

georgiaboy
03-05-2008, 10:18 AM
now I want a nice cable-knit with "RP" in the stitchwork.

Head down, needles at work.

Dark_Horse_Rider
03-05-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm not quitting knitting

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Knit-free or die! :p

Dark_Horse_Rider
03-05-2008, 10:30 AM
L
O
L

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm not quitting knitting

And I don't care how much I get needled!

Cleaner44
03-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Wake up people, the sweater is not finished! We have knitters all over the country. Sabin will create a whole new argyle pattern that has never been seen. Get your damn needles and knit for freedom!

Cleaner44
03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Let all rally up here:

Old Mill Stitchery
131 S Water St,
Liberty, MO 64068

Dark_Horse_Rider
03-05-2008, 10:40 AM
What's that ? The Knitting Factory ?

Cleaner44
03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/db/9b/3503_1.JPG

Dark_Horse_Rider
03-05-2008, 10:43 AM
nice one

wowabunga
03-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm standing on top of my sewing box... yelling out to my friends & neighbors... OUR COUNTRY NEEDS MENDED ....!

And yes Cleaner44... the state of Missouri is busy weaving for a better tomorrow. In December we started to plan a march on our state capitol... a two day hemming and mending fest. Remember, FREEDOM is interweaved into all of us by our Creator; we just need to awaken that notion which binds us all.

Paulitical Correctness
03-05-2008, 11:00 AM
They say Ron Paul is a mean 'ole racist that don't like knitters... :(

Cleaner44
03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
http://www.katiyana.com/images/flagpullover.JPG

MikeStanart
03-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Ask not, what your country can knit for you.....

DirtMcGirt
03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Your patterns are wonderfully whimsical, and, I can't wait to begin knitting them for family and friends. Are your all of your sock patterns in individual leaflets, or, have you combined some of your more popular patterns into a book form? And, are your patterns available in retail stores?

yongrel
03-05-2008, 12:19 PM
If more people don't embrace knitting, I'm gonna stab someone with this needle!

New York For Paul
03-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Do the Knitters have a radio station and a blimp?

DirtMcGirt
03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Nearly every knitter has experienced a slump at one time or another. Knitting slumps can be a result of stressful circumstances, over-involvement in other activities, or simply a lack of inspiration for whatever reason.
f you're experiencing knitter's block, the most important thing to remember is that this, too, shall pass. While you're waiting, here are a few techniques that may help you kick-start the knitting process once again.
Pick a quick-knitting project so you can experience the gratification of a finished project. I can't count the number of bulky sweaters that have gotten me out of slumps.

DirtMcGirt
03-05-2008, 05:28 PM
+1

wowabunga
03-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Nearly every knitter has experienced a slump at one time or another. Knitting slumps can be a result of stressful circumstances, over-involvement in other activities, or simply a lack of inspiration for whatever reason.
f you're experiencing knitter's block, the most important thing to remember is that this, too, shall pass. While you're waiting, here are a few techniques that may help you kick-start the knitting process once again.
Pick a quick-knitting project so you can experience the gratification of a finished project. I can't count the number of bulky sweaters that have gotten me out of slumps.

I've been all knotted up all afternoon... thanks for the words of encouragement :)

RPLiberty1
03-05-2008, 05:59 PM
A stitch in time saves nine!

Keep those needles working.

hawks4ronpaul
03-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I added a few to the OP earlier.

hawks4ronpaul
03-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Imagine if we only read the threads that did not fall in one of the OP categories.

DirtMcGirt
03-07-2008, 12:22 AM
love this thread!!!!

torchbearer
03-07-2008, 09:20 AM
This is a very punny thread. (and needle) :) sorry, puns about puns... this one is too easy, maybe has some truth?

Dark_Horse_Rider
03-07-2008, 09:22 AM
A stitch in time saves nine!

Keep those needles working.

L
O
L

acptulsa
03-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I read an article in a crocheting magazine that says no one ever knits any more. Maybe I should stop knitting.

Dark_Horse_Rider
03-07-2008, 09:30 AM
you guys are great

torchbearer
03-07-2008, 09:34 AM
I read an article in a crocheting magazine that says no one ever knits any more. Maybe I should stop knitting.

lmao... funny how things are so apparently stupid when seen in analogies. that's a good one.

torchbearer
03-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Will someone with a popular blog repost this op... add in the additionals throughout the thread... one could even make a short story out of it.

'Puns in Politics' Election edition

acptulsa
03-07-2008, 10:20 AM
I don't think I got it quite right. It's more like,

I read an article in Shamelessly Promoting Crochet magazine that no one knits any more. Maybe we should all quit.

Not me, thanks. You won't hook me!

Cleaner44
03-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Don't ever stop knitting, that's just the man trying to hold you down. We are in the middle of a knitting revolution. We can restore this nation to the beacon knitting that it once was if we keep the faith and work together.

Beware of crocheters, cross-stitchers and quilters. They will try to presuade you to give up knitting but we will defeat them. Knit on my friends, knit on!

Revolution9
03-07-2008, 10:42 AM
There is a new machine out now that imitates knotting but produces thousands of square yards an hour of woven fabric claiming it to be knit. If it ain't loop the loop and is just an insert in and out it ain't the real deal. The nitwits who fabricated it don't have the wit to make it knit.

Randy

familydog
03-07-2008, 11:25 AM
bump for awsomeness

hawks4ronpaul
03-07-2008, 04:13 PM
I knew today would have a surge of threads like the OP describes.

Can you spot them?

Can you decline to post in them?

Can you move them to the "Vent" (if you are a moderator)?

torchbearer
03-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I knew today would have a surge of threads like the OP describes.

Can you spot them?

Can you decline to post in them?

Can you move them to the "Vent" (if you are a moderator)?

notice the people who start them too.

torchbearer
03-07-2008, 10:52 PM
bump

thuja
03-07-2008, 10:54 PM
fabulous!

wowabunga
03-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Run - Fight - Knit and Stitch - It's gonna be tough
Now you see me weave now you don't
Break the braids I'm coming out

I'm not a knitter I'm a free man
Live my life where I want to
You'd better scratch me from your black book
Cause' I'll knit rings around you

-IRONING BOARD MAIDEN

hawks4ronpaul
03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Can someone make an Autorantic RPF Troll by combining the OP-type quotes with this?:

http://sean.gleeson.us/2004/11/17/chat_with_the_autorantic_virtual_moonbat

Play with the Autorantic instead of feeding the real trolls.

Thank you.
http://www.hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

kigol
03-10-2008, 05:45 PM
ugh lol

Carole
03-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Knit one, Perl two, RP and freedom-Wahoo! :D

torchbearer
03-10-2008, 10:04 PM
bump

Matthew P.
03-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Thank you for taking the time to craft this excellent simile. It was refreshing. I think I'll stick with knitting for a while. :D

erin moore
03-11-2008, 12:16 AM
you spent $2300 on designer yarn for a sweater no one will ever wear? I'll wear it every day for the rest of my life. thank-you-very-much.

erin moore
03-11-2008, 07:30 PM
"thread" bump

torchbearer
05-11-2008, 09:13 AM
"I am this knitting forum's biggest supporter BUT..."

"Knitting is unpopular. Nothing will change that."

"Knitting doesn't work, people. It never did. It's time you realized that."

"This shouldn't even be a knitting forum. It should be a candlemaking forum."

"The best way to knit is to learn to cook, because otherwise you'll starve and can't knit when dead, so we need to focus all our money and energy on inventing a new type of stove."

"Our knitting movement is hopeless. I told everyone at the knitting fair that they have to buy my brand of needles but they didn't want to hear it. This proves that the knitting message doesn't work."

"I went to this pottery forum and politely told them how they shouldn't like pottery and how knitting was better and how we're going to take over all the pottery forums. Those jerks started trashing all knitters as spammers and trolls. Face it, we're doomed."

"Gosh, look at all these negative articles that I will post all over the forum in multiple threads with links. Be sure to visit and read about how knitting is stupid."

"Everybody hates knitters so to fight the everybody hates knitters theme I posted this article about why everybody hates knitters all over the internet: 'Why does everyone hate knitters? So many people hate knitters that it seems like knitting has no chance of surviving because of all the hate against knitters...'"

"Wow, I just found this picture of Hitler in the Alps wearing a jaunty knitted top. If this is true, I just can't support knitting anymore."

"HELP! What's going on now? What should we knit? No one knows anything. Without real leadership, what's the point in going on?" [in response to nothing, NO change in a consistent, stable, year-long plan that is only half-way through so far]

"This forum used to have 500 viewers. Now it has 300. What's going on? Everyone's quitting. Why bother knitting? It's over."

"Freemasons control all the yarn anyway."

"You will never finish that sweater."

"I always knew you would never finish that sleeve by today."

"I finally woke up after yesterday's knitting meetup disaster. I'm never knitting again." [deja vu; this person finally wakes up and quits on a regular basis, must have amnesia]

"If you really want to finish that sweater by Christmas, you need to paint my house, clean my house every week, and groundskeep my yard every week, and by doing that, your sweater will have the best chance of being knitted."

"How much money is this knitting forum making behind your back? Wake up! They're using you! I guess this is why knitting forums are in decline."

"Your husband has been secretly undermining your knitting all along. He's also cheating on you. You might as well leave him and quit knitting."

"All you losers knitting in your parent's basement will never accomplish anything."

[After forum members respond to all the negativity] "Boy, everyone including the moderators are attacking me just because I don't agree. Now I see why everyone thinks knitters are rude, angry, delusional, cultish, kool-aid-drinking kooks."

Keep knitting.

:D