PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Estabrook drops U.S. Senate bid (Sabrin's Prime Primary Opponent)

RonPaulFanInGA
03-05-2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.politickernj.com/estabrook-drops-us-senate-bid-17043

Citing health reasons, Anne Evans Estabrook is dropping her bid for the Republican U.S. Senate nomination. That leaves a two-way contest to challenge four-term Democrat Frank Lautenberg between State Sen. Joseph Pennacchio (R-Morris) and Murray Sabrin, a Ramapo College Professor and the leader of Ron Paul's New Jersey campaign.

ItsTime
03-05-2008, 09:01 AM
then there were 2... he can win this thing!

m72mc
03-05-2008, 09:03 AM
one more win. The inches we need are everywhere.

Azprint
03-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Holy shit, great news! Go Murray!

FSP-Rebel
03-05-2008, 10:05 AM
This calls for a bump

Revolution9
03-05-2008, 10:06 AM
All I gotta say is.. heheheheheheh! Croak.

Health reasons == caught in a corruption scandal.

Best
Randy

Indy Vidual
03-05-2008, 10:11 AM
New Jersey had a primary in Feb, why isn't the rep. already decided? :confused:

Cleaner44
03-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Citing health reasons, Anne Evans Estabrook is dropping her bid for the Republican U.S. Senate nomination.

I assume this means she was unable to remove her head from her ass...

NightOwl
03-05-2008, 10:27 AM

The Senate Primary is in early June.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM

That was just their presidential primary. The primary for everything else is later.

manny
03-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Great news!

Anyone see that video of her and Murray being asked to go through their positions? She couldn't remember whether she liked gun control or not and had to search through her notes. She was pitiful, an "establishment" republican if ever there was one.

I really like this Murray. It's enough for me that he is so highly thought of by Ron and was by Rothbard but it's more than that - he seems to be a good politician. I know that's a dirty word to many here, but sometimes you've got to play by their rules to beat them at their own game. Good speech-making and, yes I hate to say it, TV friendly sound-bites can only help the Fredom movement.

You just know that at the Fed and so many other establishment places right now they're thinking "Oh God no, thought we got rid of that Ron Paul with his crazy policy of freedom" - now they're going to have many more guns pointed at them.

CurtisLow
03-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Great news!

Cowlesy
03-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Murray needs to surge to be the known frontrunner and FAST.

tonyr1988
03-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Keep on keepin' on, Murray! We need more people like you everywhere.

Although, I have to admit, it'd be better if that other guy dropped instead, because Estabrrok would've been a breeze to obliterate. :)

The Only Woj
03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't see this as being good. Consider that she was fairly liberal, she wouldn't have taken votes from Murray. Having her in the race would have diluted the vote in Murray's favor.

Ogren
03-05-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't see this as being good. Consider that she was fairly liberal, she wouldn't have taken votes from Murray. Having her in the race would have diluted the vote in Murray's favor.

Most people vote based on labels rather than issues. Republicans would have seen the R next to her name and voted for her, effectively taking votes away from murray. Now that shes gone, murray can use his funds against his opponent and won't have to deal with a spoiler in the race.

bucfish
03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
All the more reason to DOnate to Sabrin for Senate