PDA

View Full Version : We need a big money bomb

Jason726
03-05-2008, 08:42 AM
We need to have a big money bomb to show the msm and RP that we are not giving up. I haven't seen much in regards to a big money bomb coming up, so maybe someone with the know-how can get something going.

It will need the full grassroots support. Thoughts?

ClayTrainor
03-05-2008, 08:46 AM
I think we need a source of motivation before promoting the next money bomb.

If ron paul announced a 3rd party run, i think we'd probably generate over $10m on the next money bomb.

All of our maxed out donors could donate again, as well as all the newbie we have now that we didnt have on Dec 16th.

I really hope continues the movement in a 3rd party run, Screw the GOP!

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-05-2008, 08:48 AM
We need to have a big money bomb to show the msm and RP that we are not giving up. I haven't seen much in regards to a big money bomb coming up, so maybe someone with the know-how can get something going.

It will need the full grassroots support. Thoughts?

For what? Unless he's going independent, I don't see the point. The money would be better directed into a draft effort, or even toward the other Ron Paul Republicans. The campaign is still sitting on the bulk of the $6 million anyway, and by all indications, essentially shut down the last few weeks leading up to March 4th. No ads, no major speeches or rallies for weeks, nothing. They aren't spending the money they have right now.

Jason726
03-05-2008, 08:50 AM
For what? Unless he's going independent, I don't see the point. The money would be better directed into a draft effort, or even toward the other Ron Paul Republicans. The campaign is still sitting on the bulk of the $6 million anyway, and by all indications, essentially shut down the last few weeks leading up to March 4th. No ads, no major speeches or rallies for weeks, nothing. They aren't spending the money they have right now.

If anything, it will help spread the message further. Motivation to donate is a problem that we would have to get around, but with the right approach I think we could pull another big one off.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-05-2008, 08:50 AM
If anything, it will help spread the message further. Motivation to donate is a problem that we would have to get around, but with the right approach I think we could pull another big one off.

It would only spread the message if the campaign will actually spend the money, which they aren't doing right now.

molly_pitcher
03-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I agree, another money bomb is needed, but I also agree with those who have reservations based on Campaign spending. I've donated three times and am only hoping he's holding on to the cash to win these lasts states (mine included). We have our first Caucus on Sat. and our primaries aren't until May. If he needs five states, I hope he's saving the cash to win those 5 late in the race.

Fingers crossed.

mello
03-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I'll be donating the $600 bribe from the government as soon I receive it.

TruthAtLast
03-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I think we need a source of motivation before promoting the next money bomb.

If ron paul announced a 3rd party run, i think we'd probably generate over $10m on the next money bomb.

All of our maxed out donors could donate again, as well as all the newbie we have now that we didnt have on Dec 16th.

I really hope continues the movement in a 3rd party run, Screw the GOP!

The funny thing is that Ron Paul seems to be the only rally point. Why couldn't we raise 10 million and get a dozen or so more Pauliticians elected into Congress? It appears the only Ron Paul has the ability to really rally this base right now.

But if he dropped out, isn't he then allowed to use his money to help other candidates? So should he declare a 3rd party "exploritory committee" to raise $10m on a money bomb, then drop it and use the $10m to support those Congressional candidates that need it? :D

acroso
03-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Sorry not giving anymore money to Paul since the nomination is over. Maybe I'd give to Sabrin or someone else but not anymore to Paul.

smartguy911
03-05-2008, 02:46 PM
what we truly need are dedicated 100,000 supporters who can donate $50 each every month. Deep down inside i still believe Dr. Paul got something up his sleeves and he is gonna shock the hell out of everyone. :-)

RonPaulFanInGA
03-05-2008, 02:50 PM
what we truly need are dedicated 100,000 supporters who can donate $50 each every month. Deep down inside i still believe Dr. Paul got something up his sleeves and he is gonna shock the hell out of everyone. :-)

Ron Paul-Bob Barr 2008!

http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/03/04/ron-paul-and-bob-barr-rumor/

Going to happen? Not likely. But I can dream this ticket emerges and sparks up the movement again.

TruthAtLast
03-05-2008, 04:40 PM

glad to see someone else other than me believes this. Sometimes I feel like I'm posting into the abyss. This could fund a complete revolution.

5% interest compounded annually
100,000 people
$50 per month
40 months

$634.2 million

That is more than all Democrats and Republicans raised combined. Plus, we would STILL have hundreds of millions to fund opposition in every Congressional district in the U.S. In some of these districts, how could the opposition who raises about $50-$100k compete against our grassroots onslaught and 10 times the funding?

Money can do a LOT of things to combat the issue of a MSM blackout. Why not create informational videos that can educate the public and mail out a DVD to every household in America. How much could is possibly cost?

What about buying late night advertising space at pennies on the dollar for "infomercials" on how the banking system works, how the IRS and the FED was created, and more. It is hard to explain these things in a 30-60 second ad but on a 10-15 minute infomercial, it could be done very effectively. Have these things run non-stop for MONTHS.

The Blimp had a great return on investment per dollar spent but it didn't have adequate funding. Imagine if we had 30 of them circling the primary states and all major sporting events, competitor's rallies, etc.?

We keep focusing on these short term "money bombs" that get people excited and may get a little bit of media attention (though they are kind of old hat now) yet it is very difficult to get people to save enough to invest large sums of money all at once. It is much easier for people to spread out continuous donations over the course of a few years and use that money wisely for the greatest impact.

There is a bigger strategy here and it starts with building and organizing the grassroots efforts and creating a sustainable and growing funding source.

colecrowe
03-05-2008, 04:51 PM
What are we supposed to donate for? That would be almost exactly like still donating to Kucinich. He is not going to win the Convention. 75% of the people who will be there would never, ever vote for Paul. They indeed would vote for anybody-but-Paul. He will also most likely not get to speak at the convention, and even if he did, it would make no difference at all, and would be booed and ignored.

However, if he announced an independent run, I would donate 3,000 bucks (the most I'm allowed since I've already given about 1300) and would live on rice cakes for a year.

I know so many people that would do the same thing.

Shaun
03-05-2008, 06:44 PM
What are we supposed to donate for? That would be almost exactly like still donating to Kucinich. He is not going to win the Convention. 75% of the people who will be there would never, ever vote for Paul. They indeed would vote for anybody-but-Paul. He will also most likely not get to speak at the convention, and even if he did, it would make no difference at all, and would be booed and ignored.

However, if he announced an independent run, I would donate 3,000 bucks (the most I'm allowed since I've already given about 1300) and would live on rice cakes for a year.

I know so many people that would do the same thing.

I absolutely agree with every word. Except the 75% figure, it's more like 90%+.
Nobody with any sanity is going to donate again to those clowns at HQ.
They had an historic opportunity and grasped with historic stupidity.