PDA

View Full Version : Is The Revolution Over? Not By A Long Shot!

pennycat
03-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Last night saw the final example of why Dr. Paul will not be the Republican nominee for president. As Sen. McCain was swept to the nomination with little opposition, we are left to ponder what this means to the Ron Paul rEVOLution that we all work so hard for. Having been a political junkie for most of my 50 year lifespan, I do believe I can offer some perspective.

John McCain offers us a continuation of growing federal bureaucracy, growing intrusion into our private lives, and destruction of our economic principles. Little wonder that he is a bitter pill for many of us to swallow. Yet, I remain hopeful that the Republican party is our best option for effecting political change.

The good news is that McCain is not universally accepted by the Republican Right. Limbaugh, Coulter, etc. have many statements damning McCain's lack of 'conservative' values. We should add our voice to this debate reminding the GOP that peace, prosperity, and freedom is the message that can win elections.

Sure, we could just walk away. Maybe find some friendly third party to hang out with. But the real truth and future is just as Ron Paul described it. The Republican party is the place to work if you want to effect change. I've watched Libertarian party, Constitutional party and others try to make a go of it. Sadly the American people do not appear to be ready to accept anything but R's and D's next to a candidates name.

This is why we must make a choice on where our best hope for success lies. Since the Republican party is in the midst of an identity crisis, I believe it holds the key for us. Democrats have lots of enthusiasm and support. Their house is quite secure. The Republicans are stumbling around watching their supporters lose interest lacking a plan for the future.

It makes no sense for us to try and build a new party structure when the GOP house is so weakly defended. I go to Republican Executive Meetings all over central Florida. I'm struck by the lack of spirit and worn out philosophy. They know the party is almost over. We walk in with vim and vigor ready to roll up our sleeves!

Sure there is lots of work to be done. But it is NOTHING compared to trying to build a whole new house. The analogy of bringing in an architect, pulling permits, starting construction, etc. is perfect for what we face trying to launch a third party. The Democrat and Republican party's are statutory entities. That means they are recognized as part of the government. If we want to have any say in politics, win control of one of the two.

I hope that you will join the many other Ron Paul rEVOLutionary patriots who refuse to take the easy way out. They are ready to bring fresh ideas and a hope for liberty to a struggling party. Our task is not easy by any means. But our choices are few. The future of this great Republic and the lives of our fellow countrymen literally hang in the balance.

RSVP here for Thursday's Orange County Republican Executive Committee meeting. http://ronpaul.meetup.com/184/calendar/7286508/

Nick Egoroff
Orlando Meetup Organizer

Educating Americans in the Art of Revolution
www.ronpaul2008.com/ (Ron Paul 2008 Website)
www.ronpaul.meetup.com/184 (Orlando Ron Paul Group)
OCREC Voting Member Precinct 319

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Of course, building a new house from scratch looks better when you consider that the termites in the G.O.P. house are powerful and militant!

Nonetheless, the G.O.P. has something we need--disenfranchised and disspirited conservatives. And since Panama John is so ineligible that John Roberts would never swear him in for fear of being impeached, I still say the fat lady hasn't sung for us yet!

That doesn't mean we shouldn't work to get Dr. Paul on the ballots of the states with or without the G.O.P. over the summer. Just because we're doing this for the American conservatives doesn't mean we won't have to beat them over the head a little (or, at least, hold a Sword of Damocles over them).

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 08:49 AM
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo roooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
pppppppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

ButchHowdy
03-05-2008, 08:54 AM
I sent Bud Hedinger a 'Not So Fast' email with a link to:

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R-PU.phtml

Denoting that McCain has only 973 delegates, on a good day!

speciallyblend
03-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Last night saw the final example of why Dr. Paul will not be the Republican nominee for president. As Sen. McCain was swept to the nomination with little opposition, we are left to ponder what this means to the Ron Paul rEVOLution that we all work so hard for. Having been a political junkie for most of my 50 year lifespan, I do believe I can offer some perspective.

John McCain offers us a continuation of growing federal bureaucracy, growing intrusion into our private lives, and destruction of our economic principles. Little wonder that he is a bitter pill for many of us to swallow. Yet, I remain hopeful that the Republican party is our best option for effecting political change.

The good news is that McCain is not universally accepted by the Republican Right. Limbaugh, Coulter, etc. have many statements damning McCain's lack of 'conservative' values. We should add our voice to this debate reminding the GOP that peace, prosperity, and freedom is the message that can win elections.

Sure, we could just walk away. Maybe find some friendly third party to hang out with. But the real truth and future is just as Ron Paul described it. The Republican party is the place to work if you want to effect change. I've watched Libertarian party, Constitutional party and others try to make a go of it. Sadly the American people do not appear to be ready to accept anything but R's and D's next to a candidates name.

This is why we must make a choice on where our best hope for success lies. Since the Republican party is in the midst of an identity crisis, I believe it holds the key for us. Democrats have lots of enthusiasm and support. Their house is quite secure. The Republicans are stumbling around watching their supporters lose interest lacking a plan for the future.

It makes no sense for us to try and build a new party structure when the GOP house is so weakly defended. I go to Republican Executive Meetings all over central Florida. I'm struck by the lack of spirit and worn out philosophy. They know the party is almost over. We walk in with vim and vigor ready to roll up our sleeves!

Sure there is lots of work to be done. But it is NOTHING compared to trying to build a whole new house. The analogy of bringing in an architect, pulling permits, starting construction, etc. is perfect for what we face trying to launch a third party. The Democrat and Republican party's are statutory entities. That means they are recognized as part of the government. If we want to have any say in politics, win control of one of the two.

I hope that you will join the many other Ron Paul rEVOLutionary patriots who refuse to take the easy way out. They are ready to bring fresh ideas and a hope for liberty to a struggling party. Our task is not easy by any means. But our choices are few. The future of this great Republic and the lives of our fellow countrymen literally hang in the balance.

RSVP here for Thursday's Orange County Republican Executive Committee meeting. http://ronpaul.meetup.com/184/calendar/7286508/

Nick Egoroff
Orlando Meetup Organizer

Educating Americans in the Art of Revolution
www.ronpaul2008.com/ (Ron Paul 2008 Website)
www.ronpaul.meetup.com/184 (Orlando Ron Paul Group)
OCREC Voting Member Precinct 319

I agree to a point,the way i look at it is. We are giving the republican party a pretty loud and clear message now,if they fail to listen loud and clear then they lose the general election. On that note i give the republican party 4 more years to change there ways. If they fail to do so and i dont see some kinda of headway then in 4 yrs im out of the republican party.

I WILL ONLY VOTE FOR RON PAUL REPUBLICANS OR RON PAUL DEM/INDEPENDENTS;) at local and state level 2008 and in the future.
I WILL ONLY VOTE RON PAUL 2008, the republican party can come with us as REAL REPUBLICANS or they can choose to loose the general election. We treat the gop just like they treated us ron paul republicans ,the gop endorsed this blackout by msm by their actions and inactions. NO MERCY they showed ron paul no mercy <WE SHOW THEM NO MERCY. THE GOP cna enjoy the bed they made;) The GOP is responsible for this media blackout. they sure didnt defned ron paul,IN MY EYES THE GOP IS GUILTY of the same tactics politically that began in germany under you know who. except they havent rounded us all up and killed us yet.

Maybe we need the economy to collapse to wake americans up to Ron Pauls Republican Message ,mccain and the rest are the problem. Both Parties have caused all these economic problems and there solutions are to keep spending and borrowing until we are bankrupt.

They can figure out the rise in gop membership was for Ron Paul,not hillary republicans after the general election if they so choose;)

EvilNight
03-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I used to think an independent run was a good idea. I've changed my mind.

Frankly, we're far from settled on this election until after the national convention. Ron Paul is set right now to do what Abraham Lincoln once did. No, not Goldwater - f'ing Lincoln. Google it. It's all up to the delegates. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise for one second - they are either trolling or uninformed. We couldn't ask for a better 'frontrunner' than McCain since he's universally hated by all of the true conservatives. He'll guarantee controversy at the convention. He'll provide more motivation for a delegate to break the party rules than anyone else.

The LibertyForest idea, and continued money bombs and concentrated grassroots effort to elect Ron Paul Republicans is a better idea than any independent activity. Keep putting the pressure on until the damn breaks. The party is already in total chaos. It's ripe for a new order. It's just going to take a little while before people finally start seeing it.

You should be planning right now to make sure they don't have any phony rules, regulations, free speech zones, etc. set up to prevent all of you from going to the convention. The only way they can sabotage this movement right now is by locking down the convention and gaming the rules in obscene and undemocratic ways. Be prepared for that eventuality.

molly_pitcher
03-05-2008, 12:07 PM
No Indy Run for Paul!

We don't need no stinking Indy Run!

w00t!

joemiller
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I agree to a point,the way i look at it is. We are giving the republican party a pretty loud and clear message now,if they fail to listen loud and clear then they lose the general election. On that note i give the republican party 4 more years to change there ways. If they fail to do so and i dont see some kinda of headway then in 4 yrs im out of the republican party.

I WILL ONLY VOTE FOR RON PAUL REPUBLICANS OR RON PAUL DEM/INDEPENDENTS;) at local and state level 2008 and in the future.
I WILL ONLY VOTE RON PAUL 2008, the republican party can come with us as REAL REPUBLICANS or they can choose to loose the general election. We treat the gop just like they treated us ron paul republicans ,the gop endorsed this blackout by msm by their actions and inactions. NO MERCY they showed ron paul no mercy <WE SHOW THEM NO MERCY. THE GOP cna enjoy the bed they made;) The GOP is responsible for this media blackout. they sure didnt defned ron paul,IN MY EYES THE GOP IS GUILTY of the same tactics politically that began in germany under you know who. except they havent rounded us all up and killed us yet.

Maybe we need the economy to collapse to wake americans up to Ron Pauls Republican Message ,mccain and the rest are the problem. Both Parties have caused all these economic problems and there solutions are to keep spending and borrowing until we are bankrupt.

They can figure out the rise in gop membership was for Ron Paul,not hillary republicans after the general election if they so choose;)

The Republican Party, like any political party, is only as good as good as its members. The tool for forcing the GOP to adopt Ron Paul's message is there for all Ron Paul supporters to pick up and use. All we have to do is learn how to use it.

With a little organization and some networking, Ron Paul supporters can take over the Republican Party itself in time to affect the 2010 off-elections and determine the 2012 presidential elections.

joe

pennycat
03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
We also must look at running 'our' candidates in every single election. And I don't just mean the prestige seats. I'm talking municipal, county, and state elections. That's how the pro's advance to the top tier positions like US Congress, etc. I'm going to write something on this topic shortly.