PDA

View Full Version : We just WON!

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Not that we won't have to fight for it We will. Neocons will try to get away with violating the Constitution again, just as they have before. Nonetheless, it is ours to lose now! I've been having fun posting this here and there on the web, and will find some more places for it. If you have good ideas for where to put it up, let me know!

What, you thought the G.O.P. delegates were going to nominate McCain in September? Why would they do that? Swearing in a natural-born Panamanian as president would be an unConstitutional act and I really, really don't think John Roberts is anxious to be impeached.

That leaves one eligible candidate for president in the G.O.P. field. Fortunately for us, he's a man of unarguable intelligence, proven integrity and indefatigable respect for the Constitution. This fall, it looks like the candidate offering more than a mere hope for change will have, of all things, an R next to his name. That's R as in return the troops home, remove the bureaucratic morass from Washington and restore our Constitutional liberties.

What a wonderful 229th birthday present the Constitution gave itself--and us--yesterday! I feel like celebrating!

Dig in and get ready for the fight! Get delegates in place! Ron Paul has won by default and all that remains is for us to prevent them from robbing us! We win!

Cleaner44
03-05-2008, 07:33 AM
De-fault! De-fault! De-fault!

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 07:36 AM
De-fault! De-fault! De-fault!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thank God Huckabee's a dumbass!

Andrew-Austin
03-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Romney is still in the running. The way I'm looking at this now, Mccain has only been a temporary distraction whom every Neo-con in Washington knew couldn't get the nomination (due to his out in the open scandals and corruptions left and right). Once the Mccain boat sinks they will simply inflate the Romney balloon and throw a more articulate, slightly-harder to beat candidate at the democrats.

Neo-cons want Hillary to win, their not just going to let Ron Paul waltz in after Mccain fails. Ron Paul could beat the shillary and they know it.

Aratus
03-05-2008, 07:52 AM
huckabee LIKEs john mcCain as a person.
romney just spent 42 million dollars on all this...
the presidential bug never totally goes away!

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Romney is still in the running. The way I'm looking at this now, Mccain has only been a temporary distraction whom every Neo-con in Washington knew couldn't get the nomination (due to his out in the open scandals and corruptions left and right). Once the Mccain boat sinks they will simply inflate the Romney balloon and throw a more articulate, slightly-harder to beat candidate at the democrats.

Neo-cons want Hillary to win, their not just going to let Ron Paul waltz in after Mccain fails. Ron Paul could beat the shillary and they know it.

No doubt. Fortunately for us, rank and file Republicans hate quitters!

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 09:08 AM
romney is out.....

Mitt Romneys sideburns
03-05-2008, 09:12 AM
What does Huckster and Romney being out have to do with anything? They can re-enter at any time. There is no rule saying "If you quit, you cant come back in"

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 09:14 AM
What does Huckster and Romney being out have to do with anything? They can re-enter at any time. There is no rule saying "If you quit, you cant come back in"

show me this rule.....when ur out you are OUT!!!!

acmegeek
03-05-2008, 09:14 AM
we have won... read the other thread I just posted about 7 months of mud.

itsnobody
03-05-2008, 09:23 AM
McCain is most likely the nominee, he already has the delegates, mathematically no other candidate can reach 1191 delegates

EvilNight
03-05-2008, 09:28 AM
This "McCain has the delegates" is a total myth. They aren't committed. He doesn't have 1191 COMMITTED delegates yet, and even if he did, we've got reports from all over where those delegates have flatly stated they will never vote for McCain, rules be damned. McCain is hated by the majority of the party, and the majority of the delegates. He has no chance.

It's ours to lose, now. Good times are coming.

jmdrake
03-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Not that we won't have to fight for it We will. Neocons will try to get away with violating the Constitution again, just as they have before. Nonetheless, it is ours to lose now! I've been having fun posting this here and there on the web, and will find some more places for it. If you have good ideas for where to put it up, let me know!

What, you thought the G.O.P. delegates were going to nominate McCain in September? Why would they do that? Swearing in a natural-born Panamanian as president would be an unConstitutional act and I really, really don't think John Roberts is anxious to be impeached.

That leaves one eligible candidate for president in the G.O.P. field. Fortunately for us, he's a man of unarguable intelligence, proven integrity and indefatigable respect for the Constitution. This fall, it looks like the candidate offering more than a mere hope for change will have, of all things, an R next to his name. That's R as in return the troops home, remove the bureaucratic morass from Washington and restore our Constitutional liberties.

What a wonderful 229th birthday present the Constitution gave itself--and us--yesterday! I feel like celebrating!

Dig in and get ready for the fight! Get delegates in place! Ron Paul has won by default and all that remains is for us to prevent them from robbing us! We win!

There's one little problem with your whole scenario. It's something called reality. Let's assume that you're right and John McCain is ineligible due to a technicality. (Personally as much as I dislike McCain I would be disgusted at the thought of the child of a U.S. serviceman being disqualified because his parents were outside the country at the request of the U.S. government!) But let's just say you're right. So what? Do you think that the supreme court which illegally gave George W. Bush the presidency in the first place by stopping the Florida recount and ignoring the question of Choicepoint voter disenfranchisement will all of a sudden get a backbone? And impeach? Were you not listening to Nancy Pelosi? Impeachment is off the table. If this spineless congress will not impeach Bush over lying us into war, illegally spying on the American people and torturing suspects who haven't even been charged with anything, what makes you think they'll automagically going to "do the right thing" now?

No. We haven't won. I wish we had. I wish the Huckster had dropped out months ago so that the "conservatives" in the GOP would have been faced with the stark choice of voting for a true conservative that's been against a stupid war and a fake republican that has supported a stupid war, then swallowed their stupid pride and said "You know what? Supporting a stupid war isn't worth destroying our party". But alas that didn't happen. Yes there are still primaries to be fought and yes I hope we win more delegates and yes I'm psyched about our potential congressional gains, but I'm not in the Alice-in-wonderland delusion that somehow the GOP will come to our rescue because they've finally decided to follow the constitution. If they cared about the constitution Ron Paul would be the front runner and Bush and Cheney would be in prison.

Regards,

John M. Drake

jmdrake
03-05-2008, 09:34 AM
This "McCain has the delegates" is a total myth. They aren't committed. He doesn't have 1191 COMMITTED delegates yet, and even if he did, we've got reports from all over where those delegates have flatly stated they will never vote for McCain, rules be damned. McCain is hated by the majority of the party, and the majority of the delegates. He has no chance.

It's ours to lose, now. Good times are coming.

Yes. Our only hope is that these delegates do to McCain what would piss us off to no end if it was done to us. But from my understanding of the rules that's not likely. Uncommitted delegates have to vote the way their district went for at least 1 (maybe 2?) rounds. Then they're free to vote for whoever they want. That was the point of going for a brokered convention. But now that's not going to happen. Not unless you know something about the process that I don't. And that might be possible because this process is confusing as a speech giving by Bush but written by Greenspan.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Banana
03-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Also, even if somehow McCain had 1191+ delegates to vote for him in the first ballot, it's not the end of game. Delegates are free to do anything WRT party's platforms, rules and so forth, so having 1191+ delegates who supports RP automatically gives us the control of the party and we get to make rules, and maybe make it very very hard for McCain to continue campaigning against RP's message and end up endorsing his message.

jacmicwag
03-05-2008, 09:46 AM

Let me know how the victory celebration turns out. Will Ron be speaking to accept the nomination? Be sure to wear your special hat in case the neocon mind benders infiltrate the party. And by the way, can you send me some of that stuff you've been smoking.

ToryNotion
03-05-2008, 09:48 AM
First the Ron Paul (stealth or otherwise) delegates have to get elected at the state level. When I start hearing that that is happening en masse i'll start to get more hopeful.

ladyliberty
03-05-2008, 09:51 AM
First the Ron Paul (stealth or otherwise) delegates have to get elected at the state level. When I start hearing that that is happening en masse i'll start to get more hopeful.

+ 10000000000!

I am still keeping vigilant prayer about this election - it's all in God's hands now!

Shed
03-05-2008, 09:56 AM

That's absurd!

Please demonstrate the existence of the invisible mystery man controlling the other candidates' every move. Then explain how the 'plan' isn't stupid and counter-productive.

1. Romney is the preferred candidate. Make him drop out.
2. Give McCain the nomination.
3. Discredit McCain. Hope he drops out.
4. Bring Romney back.
5. Prevent Ron Paul win because *obviously* this was otherwise inevitable
6. Profit!!

RCA
03-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Mod, please change this thread title, it's misleading.

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Did I say we can afford to stop fighting? Did I say the Supreme Court would back us up or did I say our delegates had a good reason not to vote for McCain in the convention? Should we give up, abandon all the work we've done and fail to show up at the convention, or is our Constitution and our liberty worth seeing the fight through for? Are all the Republican rank and file excited to get McCain in office or are a goodly number of them among the eighty one percent of the populace who have had enough of Dubya and his pseudo-Republican entourage?

I am not at liberty to smoke the sort of things you suggest, thanks for asking. I am even missing some liberties I have had in my lifetime. I see no reason to give up and roll over. I see every reason to give Americans a chance to join us.

TruthAtLast
03-05-2008, 10:16 AM
There's one little problem with your whole scenario. It's something called reality. Let's assume that you're right and John McCain is ineligible due to a technicality. (Personally as much as I dislike McCain I would be disgusted at the thought of the child of a U.S. serviceman being disqualified because his parents were outside the country at the request of the U.S. government!) But let's just say you're right. So what? Do you think that the supreme court which illegally gave George W. Bush the presidency in the first place by stopping the Florida recount and ignoring the question of Choicepoint voter disenfranchisement will all of a sudden get a backbone? And impeach? Were you not listening to Nancy Pelosi? Impeachment is off the table. If this spineless congress will not impeach Bush over lying us into war, illegally spying on the American people and torturing suspects who haven't even been charged with anything, what makes you think they'll automagically going to "do the right thing" now?

No. We haven't won. I wish we had. I wish the Huckster had dropped out months ago so that the "conservatives" in the GOP would have been faced with the stark choice of voting for a true conservative that's been against a stupid war and a fake republican that has supported a stupid war, then swallowed their stupid pride and said "You know what? Supporting a stupid war isn't worth destroying our party". But alas that didn't happen. Yes there are still primaries to be fought and yes I hope we win more delegates and yes I'm psyched about our potential congressional gains, but I'm not in the Alice-in-wonderland delusion that somehow the GOP will come to our rescue because they've finally decided to follow the constitution. If they cared about the constitution Ron Paul would be the front runner and Bush and Cheney would be in prison.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Nice post Drake. I too think am happy with the successes we've had and will have. I also think we may be able to have enough delegates to at least helkp push the Movement forward, but there is no way I could say that we won.

The funny thing is that people thing that McCain being born in Panama is a breaking story. Everyone KNOWS ALREADY! The media knows. The courts know. The GOP knows. Why would it suddenly be an issue now after months of campaigning and dozens of primaries?

And, let's just say some kind of a fucking miracle happens and the GNC and there is an uprising and McCain gets enough votes to win. Do people understand who we are dealing with? Do they understand what happened to our people in Louisiana? These people will STOP AT NOTHING to hold onto power. You really think they will follow the rules? They'll probably do some kind of recount, or voter fraud, or maybe not even vote at all... they'll just declare him the winner and all of us will be here thinking "wait a second... they can't do that!" They can do whatever the heck they want and most Americans who were brainwashed into voting for the guy in the first place would probably support it. They don't understand how the delegate system works and would probably think that something "shady" is going on and those "Ron Paul crazy people" are trying to steal the nomination.

Ron Paul won't win the nomination..... but unlike many people here, I don't pin all of my hopes on this Presidential race. I never have. I'm in this for life now and I see the progress we've made. I see the support out there and I am much more informed as to how the system works. I also think more people are being educated to the real problems we face, not to mention the fact that young people often support Ron Paul and if that trend continues, it is only a matter of time before the only regime simply dies off.

There is more than one way to take over the country and taking over Congressional seats is a much easier task than winning a Presidential election. It takes less effort, less resources, and most of the time we can fly under the radar and win seat after seat before they really know what happened.

beachmaster
03-05-2008, 10:30 AM
romney is out.....

If he's out, why does the media still show him as having almost 300 delegates?

Last I heard, officially he merely suspended his campaign. All talk about him dropping out is for current public consumption. He'll be back come Sept. if something causes McCain to have to call it quits. If that happens, the McCain delegates will be freed however, and they won't have to vote for Romney. But politics being what it is, I'm sure some kind of Romney deal would be "worked out".

It's shaping up to be a very interesting convention that much is for sure.

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Ron Paul won't win the nomination..... but unlike many people here, I don't pin all of my hopes on this Presidential race. I never have. I'm in this for life now and I see the progress we've made. I see the support out there and I am much more informed as to how the system works. I also think more people are being educated to the real problems we face, not to mention the fact that young people often support Ron Paul and if that trend continues, it is only a matter of time before the only regime simply dies off.

There is more than one way to take over the country and taking over Congressional seats is a much easier task than winning a Presidential election. It takes less effort, less resources, and most of the time we can fly under the radar and win seat after seat before they really know what happened.

Very good post. The big advantage to doing whatever could conceivably be done in the presidential race, however, is that it isn't under the radar. It is the bully pulpit and the attention hog of American politics. There are many things that could stop McCain, and it is possible he won't be stopped. In any case this convention looks like it will actually get some attention from the public, and with good reason. It could be quite entertaining. And I don't see any reason not to make it as entertaining as possible.

After all, entertainment can educate.

jmdrake
03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Also, even if somehow McCain had 1191+ delegates to vote for him in the first ballot, it's not the end of game. Delegates are free to do anything WRT party's platforms, rules and so forth, so having 1191+ delegates who supports RP automatically gives us the control of the party and we get to make rules, and maybe make it very very hard for McCain to continue campaigning against RP's message and end up endorsing his message.

Now this makes sense! I was wondering why people were still so giddy about "unbound delegates" now that the chance for a brokered convention is completely over. Yes we could insert a plank demanding an immediate withdrawal from Iraq and it would make things interesting for McCain. :D However McCain's likely going to find himself running against a LOT of platform planks. Stem cell research. Gun control. Immigration. The list goes on. He's clearly NOT the person to lead the republican party by a long shot.