PDA

View Full Version : Video - Fox Unspun - Ron Paul Hatchet Job

LibertyOrDie
05-25-2007, 03:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6pj5rASKDw

IrrigatedPancake
05-25-2007, 05:38 AM
My guess is FOX is trying to get RP to say that he does not think that 911 was an inside job so that some of his base will abandon him.

A notable portion of RP supporters and contributors began to loose trust in the government when it became clear that 911 was going to be the ticket to some kind of Middle East campaign. About that time lots of documentaries started appearing on places like Google Video raising questions which were very reasonable questions that no one seemed to be asking from positions capable of answering them. Naturally people started to find their own answers and a community developed around developing theories. A lot of people settled on the idea that it was an inside job done to provide a reason for what the administration had wanted to do since the mid 90's. Naturally members of this community came to believe that the power to do such things and capitalize so effectively, against all logic, was too much power for any small portion of our government and so RP's promises to scale government down and maximize personal liberty, and the fact that he appears uncorrupted makes him very agreeable with them.

My guess is that FOX discovered that a decent portion of his support came from this movement and tried to discredit him with the members. However, I think they underestimate their priorities. From what I've seen, most want a new 911 investigation, believing their suspicions will be verified to some extent, will wake up the people of the US. Their goal is to alert people to the nature of their government and to protect their freedom from any government that may want to restrict it which is exactally what RP is doing.

I doubt the report will dissuade anyone in that community from continuing to support RP.