PDA

View Full Version : Did Peden actually win?

devil21
03-05-2008, 04:59 AM
Just a thought, but considering that Peden took away $1,000,000 (one million) from the presidential campaign as well as potential visits to Ohio, Vermont, Rhode Island, and other areas in Texas, did Peden actually win? The quid pro quo of corrupt politics makes me wonder if Peden didn't actually win, if his future in politics means anything to him.

Teflon Master
03-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Ron Paul's seat in congress>whatever you are talking about

polexi
03-05-2008, 06:29 AM
I think he means Peden was there as a distraction for Paul.

Ladred
03-05-2008, 06:33 AM
RP got more national press because of the potential of losing his congessional seat. MSM thought it was possible so spun it in hopes of a RP defeat that they could play off of. It didn't happen that way though, and the revolution continues on. We should thank Peden for getting us a little extra national press, and the leverage of mentioning that over seventy percent of his district supports him over a neotheo republicon.

dbhohio47
03-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Just a thought, but considering that Peden took away $1,000,000 (one million) from the presidential campaign as well as potential visits to Ohio, Vermont, Rhode Island, and other areas in Texas, did Peden actually win? The quid pro quo of corrupt politics makes me wonder if Peden didn't actually win, if his future in politics means anything to him.

That is one way of looking at things. I think a more realistic way is in remembering that RP was a very reluctant presidential candidate in the first place.... he staged a campaign in an effort to spread a message...not to necessarily get elected to a job he didn't want. To the extent that the message was heard by hundreds of thousands of new and loyal followers that demonstrate a willingness to help fund that cause, keep him in congress (where he really belongs), and continue to help to change the national mind-set away from neo-con ideals; I believe that the [presidential] campaign has been a big success. Peden was a very minor bump in the road.

I know it is a big disappointment to the many that had much higher hopes for the presidential campaign, but I believe that the goals for the run were achieved.... if not greatly exceeded. I just hope that the more fervent followers don't go away angry feeling duped by incongruent expectations for what could be accomplished.

No1ButPaul08
03-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't think Peden "derailed" the Presidential campaign, but he certainly didn't help. It definitely took focus away from the presidency to his house seat. However, Ron didn't shift his focus until after 2/5, and at that point it was pretty clear he wasn't going to win the nomination.

Ron should have visited Indiana before 2/22 and Nebraska before 3/3 (the last day to sign up to be a delegate). These are two states where if people just sign up for delegates we would have a good chance at winning. We still have a chance in Indiana, where the grassroots organization is strong. That is not the case in NE.

Melissa
03-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I don't think Peden "derailed" the Presidential campaign, but he certainly didn't help. It definitely took focus away from the presidency to his house seat. However, Ron didn't shift his focus until after 2/5, and at that point it was pretty clear he wasn't going to win the nomination.

Ron should have visited Indiana before 2/22 and Nebraska before 3/3 (the last day to sign up to be a delegate). These are two states where if people just sign up for delegates we would have a good chance at winning. We still have a chance in Indiana, where the grassroots organization is strong. That is not the case in NE.

and yes we are working very hard here in Indiana so thanks but seats can still be filled maybe NE needs to look into other ways to be delegates

morerocklesstalk
03-05-2008, 01:13 PM
It just shows the disdain the Republican party has for Ron Paul. We were in single digits in his own state. I don't see why Dr. Paul feels like he owes the Republican party anything, they have done nothing to help and much to hurt his campaign.

tommyzDad
03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Great. :rolleyes: Penden = McCain: Two GOP tools.
Peden-phile to distract RP, and McShame to lose to the Dems.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Did Peden actually win?

No.

hayeksrevenge
03-05-2008, 02:38 PM

Peden is not a winner. He is a helpless tool just like so many NeoCon boot lickers.

I did notice that RP was awfully quiet during the previous 6 weeks. So, this challenge was a distraction, though I don't believe it damaged RP's efforts overall.

Johncjackson
03-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Ron Paul would have spent a million bucks and spent time there anyway. Keep in mind that is his district and every 2 years he taps his massive nationwide (though of course it grew a lot during this POTUS campaign) fundraising base to keep him in office.

If anything his Congressional race lost money to the Presidential campaign as people who would have donated to that were going for the big one.

I dont think there was any way he was just going to "ignore" his constituents as the race came to a close. That would have made him look like what Peden said he was.

I am sure he never expected to do as well as he did in the presidential race and figured going in he would be done and back home long before the primary.