PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME Huckabee supporters!

coffeewithchess
03-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Well, now that Governor Huckabee has dropped out, I would like to be the first(I didn't see another thread, sorry if there is one) RP supporter to welcome you to RonPaulForums. We have a tough road ahead, but I can't wait to see the looks on the MSMs' faces when John McCain not get the nomination come September! I'm glad you are here and we can use all the help we can get! Welcome aboard!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
03-05-2008, 04:04 AM
Howdy!

speciallyblend
03-05-2008, 06:14 AM
would be nice but huck told his sheep to vote for mccain so they already flocked to mccain since it seems most republicans are sheep bababa, maybe 2% of hucks base might think for themselves;)

WE CAN ONLY HOPE they are not all sheep

allyinoh
03-05-2008, 06:26 AM
I took a look over at hucksarmy and although probably nice people, they are a little delusional.

It's funny just the difference between the two. We are talking about continuing the movement, putting people in office from local level up, etc etc, all they are talking about is keeping Huckabee's name out there and planning for Huck in '12.

If any of them do come here, I welcome them. They, along with a lot others, need to realize that it's not about one person, it's about a message that we all as American's regardless of our backgrounds should follow.

We'll see.

Matt23
03-05-2008, 06:32 AM
I took a look over at hucksarmy and although probably nice people, they are a little delusional.

They would say the same thing about us.

limequat
03-05-2008, 06:43 AM

Actually, no, they don't think that we're nice people.

mcgraw_wv
03-05-2008, 06:49 AM
McCain won the Nomination... there will be no brokered convention... There will be no Huck voters coming here...

TurtleBurger
03-05-2008, 08:27 AM
I don't expect the Huckabee people to jump en masse to Ron Paul, but I do hope they will be willing to engage in dialogue with us. Huckabee supporters should be our natural allies. We both see our country in a mess, are sick of the "mainstream" candidates our 2-party system keeps churning out for us, want an end to corruption in Washington and honest, straight-shooting moral people representing us, and see a return to traditional conservative values as a way to get us moving the right direction again. If we can't find a way to reach the Huckabee people, we won't win, and quite frankly, they will never win without us. To any Huckabee fans reading this, I am not asking for your vote this cycle; for the most part that ship has sailed. But please visit these boards often, discuss issues with us, and let's reach an understanding. There are important issues that divide Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee, and we can work those out. There are many more important issues that we can unite around, and if we work together we can finally let the crazies like McHillObama know that they aren't in permanent control anymore.

jasonuher
03-05-2008, 08:32 AM
http://for um.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11241

Probably not going for McCain either...

Iloved this one:

GOP/RNC:
If this is your candidate, good luck.
You better sit up and take notice of Huckabee, Tancredo and Hunter. Even Paul. You have voters among your ranks that you only want to vote, you don't seem to care about representing them. When we find a candidate that is representative of us, you send treat them like crap. My husband and I cut up our "gold cards" several years ago. McCain was largely responsible.

liberteebell
03-05-2008, 08:37 AM
I don't expect the Huckabee people to jump en masse to Ron Paul, but I do hope they will be willing to engage in dialogue with us. Huckabee supporters should be our natural allies. We both see our country in a mess, are sick of the "mainstream" candidates our 2-party system keeps churning out for us, want an end to corruption in Washington and honest, straight-shooting moral people representing us, and see a return to traditional conservative values as a way to get us moving the right direction again. If we can't find a way to reach the Huckabee people, we won't win, and quite frankly, they will never win without us. To any Huckabee fans reading this, I am not asking for your vote this cycle; for the most part that ship has sailed. But please visit these boards often, discuss issues with us, and let's reach an understanding. There are important issues that divide Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee, and we can work those out. There are many more important issues that we can unite around, and if we work together we can finally let the crazies like McHillObama know that they aren't in permanent control anymore.

QFT.

By the way, I have several friends who support Huck but like Ron Paul 2nd. Of those, the evangelicals were grateful that I sent them Ron Paul's Statement of Faith and his pro-life record. Point is, there are many areas of agreement. I hope the Huck supporters will join us.

Edu
03-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Support Ron Paul for NO INCOME TAX!

Nothing replacing it! He will reduce spending to year 2000 levels.

LESS GOVERNMENT!

What more do you want?

Don't go McInsane!

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 08:45 AM
would be nice but huck told his sheep to vote for mccain so they already flocked to mccain since it seems most republicans are sheep bababa, maybe 2% of hucks base might think for themselves;)

WE CAN ONLY HOPE they are not all sheep

Please don't let this Pharisee bother you. We welcome you with open arms. It takes all kinds to reclaim a party for the conservatives it once represented, and you are as welcome as can be. It takes all kinds to do a job this big, so try to forgive some of these trogladites as we were taught to do by our Teacher. Thank you for having faith--the Lord is moving us along in His usual mysterious ways. Pity Huckabee lacked faith, but Dr. Paul doesn't and most of us don't, either.

peters
03-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Actually, no, they don't think that we're nice people.

That sounds like an opportunity to go to their forums, and show them we are nice people, and - surprise - reasonable to boot! As others have already pointed out, there are many areas of agreement. Start with them.

speciallyblend
03-05-2008, 08:52 AM

but when people read our forums they will understand it isn't about us or ron paul. It's about the message which includes everyone. Huckabee is about i i i,and they are talking about him ,as only him not local level politics etc . We have a message and real solutions. Huckabee is trying to sell snake oil and bigger intrusive government. once the huckabee supporters see the light they might vote ron paul,if not they will lose in the general election with their mccain vote,when the democrats steam roll the republican party in the general elections. almost like they did last election. many republicans across this country are removing the r from their name in hopes voters wont rememeber they are bush republicans and liberal republicans. r is a dirty word for general america. Ron paul is the only republican that has a chance to win the general election against the democrats,but hey if the gop doesnt figure it out . we will have 4 yrs to produce a NEW REAL REPUBLICAN PARTY or maybe just move on;) if the hillary republicans ignore the republican platform.

RON PAUL 2008

familydog
03-05-2008, 09:02 AM
I'd say most Huckabee supporters that are aware and familiar with this forum will not end up supporting Paul. You don't even have to leave this thread to understand why.

georgiaboy
03-05-2008, 09:07 AM
As a Georgian, my state went for Huckabee on Super Tuesday. As a conservative practicing Christian myself, I completely understand why. Pro-life, pro-family, and a very well-spoken, polished, super nice guy.
I now encourage all Huckabee voters to take a serious look at Ron Paul. Though not quite as well-spoken, his record and his practicing of his Christianity are hard to hold a candle to.
Review these forums, Google search him, review his most popular youtubes.
He is the real deal.
Be prepared to see people continuing to try to marginalize him and his message. I for the life of me do not fully understand why this is happening.
He is the real deal.
I am reminded of other great leaders throughout history who faced much opposition because of their upsetting of the existing status quo. There are many examples - think about the major influencers on your own life and ponder how they were able to be successful in spreading their message. I think Ron Paul fits these examples in many ways.

georgiaboy

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 11:35 AM
His supporters are a rowdy lot, to be sure, and not always as respectful as we should be. Dr. Paul, however, is indeed the real deal. He's Christian, conservative, and compassionate. If you want freedom for your children, he is as good as mere mortals get. Furthermore, he has inspired a movement that is mobilizing to do much more than promote Dr. Paul for president, and which could frankly use your help.

So, ignore the roughnecks, please, and come take the G.O.P. back for the common man with us!

hawks4ronpaul
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
QFT.

By the way, I have several friends who support Huck but like Ron Paul 2nd. Of those, the evangelicals were grateful that I sent them Ron Paul's Statement of Faith and his pro-life record. Point is, there are many areas of agreement. I hope the Huck supporters will join us.

Welcome, Huckabee supporters. I never encountered a problem with a Huckabee supporter.

Ron Paul's Christian foreign policy: http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2008/01/religious-endorse-ron-paul.html

liberteebell
03-05-2008, 11:51 AM
We may be a rowdy lot on the whole but I've met some of the most honest, sincere, intelligent and wonderful people in this movement than I've ever imagined meeting in my lifetime. We are a true microcosm of These Unites States of America.

As for family values, economic, health and educational freedoms are the very core of family values and Ron Paul is the champion of all of those freedoms.

I hope Huck's supporters will join us in our efforts to take our country back to We the People.

JS4Pat
03-05-2008, 11:57 AM
To any Huckabee fans reading this....

Please visit these boards often, discuss issues with us, and let's reach an understanding. There are important issues that divide Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee, and we can work those out. There are many more important issues that we can unite around, and if we work together we can finally let the crazies like McHillObama know that they aren't in permanent control anymore.

+1

fourameuphoria
03-05-2008, 01:45 PM
So we spam all of Huckabee's blogs and gloat about how their fundraising failed in the fall, and then we welcome all Huckabee supporters with open arms?

angelatc
03-05-2008, 01:48 PM
So we spam all of Huckabee's blogs and gloat about how their fundraising failed in the fall, and then we welcome all Huckabee supporters with open arms?

Don't forget that it is important to do this while they're still grieving their losses.

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 01:53 PM

I didn't spam anything and didn't gloat over anything, and I have faith that they understand forgiveness. If we have a common cause, we should work together--and we have a common cause.

RonPaulVolunteer
03-05-2008, 01:55 PM
As a Christian, the thing I have really learnt about Huckabee supporters, is they are pure sheeple... Absolutely brainless. They'll follow anyone that says JESUS(TM) enough times regardless of how f***ed up their life is, how bad they represent Christ, how utterly in opposition to the Scriptures their life is. Pure utter sheeple.

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 01:57 PM
As a Christian, the thing I have really learnt about Huckabee supporters, is they are pure sheeple... Absolutely brainless. They'll follow anyone that says JESUS(TM) enough times regardless of how f***ed up their life is, how bad they represent Christ, how utterly in opposition to the Scriptures their life is. Pure utter sheeple.

Hasn't been my experience. Had a conversation with a Huckabee supporter at my county convention and he was interesting, articulate and, unfortunately, underinformed about Dr. Paul's positions. He was very glad to know them.

I'd hate to chase others like him away from here very much.

RonPaulVolunteer
03-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Hasn't been my experience. Had a conversation with a Huckabee supporter at my county convention and he was interesting, articulate and, unfortunately, underinformed about Dr. Paul's positions. He was very glad to know them.

I'd hate to chase others like him away from here very much.

Umm... if he supports or supported Huckabee, then he IS sheeple...

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 02:02 PM

I don't know that this is automatic. And if it is, then I'd like to introduce him to Dr. Paul in hopes that he'll find the man the best shepherd.

leipo
03-05-2008, 02:05 PM

You sound like a collectivist.

LEK
03-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Please read Ron Paul's Statement of Faith: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/87/statement-of-faith/
(Please note his Pro-Life position - no other candidate has done more for the unborn).

And watch his speech at Liberty University (he gives his testimony in Part 1):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5uzGv1ijk

And read his interview with beliefnet: http://www.beliefnet.com/story/229/story_22909_1.html

Ron Paul has no affiliation with the CFR - please educate yourselves about this organization. It's goal is the globilization of government and economy. The loss of national sovereignty. Mike Huckabee's foreign policy advisor is the president of the CFR. McCain, Clinton, and Obama are members of the CFR.

Vote your conscience.

tpreitzel
03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
I don't know that this is automatic. And if it is, then I'd like to introduce him to Dr. Paul in hopes that he'll find the man the best shepherd.

Personally, I don't believe Huckabee supporters are sheeple more than anyone else. I've always been amazed though at the number of Christians that will follow a candidate that promises to restrain the highest gift of God, the free will, because that candidate promises to pass legislation to control the sinful nature of the people. To reach Christians in mass, one must insist that the people retain their God-given gift of the free will at the federal level, but any restraint imposed on the people to contain their likely misuse of that free will be left to the lowest level of government which is nearest them. Strict adherence to this view isolates the actions of one state or county from another. Ron Paul supports this view.

Primbs
03-05-2008, 09:57 PM

We can't change a thing if we don't get elected. We usually need 50% plus one to win. So Ron Paul supporters need to work with these other republicans. Most Huckabee supporters probably agree with many of Ron Paul's positions except the war.

Out of all the Republican candidates, Ron Paul was near the top for ethics and morals. Most of the other candidates had major problems in those areas. We do need to reach out to other like minded individuals and educate them.

Before last July, I barely knew anything about Ron Paul. Most of the nation is still ignorant.

OptionsTrader
03-05-2008, 11:10 PM
We may be a rowdy lot on the whole but I've met some of the most honest, sincere, intelligent and wonderful people in this movement than I've ever imagined meeting in my lifetime. We are a true microcosm of These Unites States of America.

As for family values, economic, health and educational freedoms are the very core of family values and Ron Paul is the champion of all of those freedoms.

I hope Huck's supporters will join us in our efforts to take our country back to We the People.

I second that.

OptionsTrader
03-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Please read Ron Paul's Statement of Faith: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/87/statement-of-faith/
(Please note his Pro-Life position - no other candidate has done more for the unborn).

And watch his speech at Liberty University (he gives his testimony in Part 1):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5uzGv1ijk

And read his interview with beliefnet: http://www.beliefnet.com/story/229/story_22909_1.html

Ron Paul has no affiliation with the CFR - please educate yourselves about this organization. It's goal is the globilization of government and economy. The loss of national sovereignty. Mike Huckabee's foreign policy advisor is the president of the CFR. McCain, Clinton, and Obama are members of the CFR.

Vote your conscience.

Great links for Huck's folks.

I would add that they should read his issues page on the income tax and the invisible and immoral inflation tax:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/debt-and-taxes/