PDA

View Full Version : Peden will again run against Ron Paul in 2010

StateofTrance
03-05-2008, 02:02 AM
and again lose.

Though it appeared he would lose the District 14 race for 2008, Peden said he had some work to finish in his profession as an accountant, but after that he would look to the future.

“As soon as the tax season’s over, I’m going to gear up for 2010,” he said. “We will run against Dr. Paul again.” :D:D

idiom
03-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Man the elections are getting earlier every year,

Mitt Romneys sideburns
03-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Hold your horses, Ron Paul has not won his seat yet!!!!! Peden can still pull this one off. Peden has a secret plan thats being backed by 2 guy who are billionaires! Hes gonna sweep up all the delegate positions and convince thousands of people to change from the guy who they are pledged to vote for, over to the guy who lost. And if that doesnt work, he is going to run 3rd party with James Earl Jones.

Airborn
03-05-2008, 02:16 AM
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/847/story/205684.html

BY GABE SEMENZA - VICTORIA ADVOCATE
March 05, 2008 - 1:35 a.m.
An unsuccessful yet colorful bid for president didn’t deter Ron Paul in his race for Texas’ Congressional District 14.

The Republican incumbent won the Victoria County and the 14th district’s primary by defeating challenger Chris Peden by a more than 2-to-1 vote. Results were incomplete early this morning, but the outcome was clear.

Paul did not return phone calls late Tuesday night. His campaign director, Mark Elam, said Tuesday was a successful day for the incumbent congressman.

“We feel great. It was an absolute overwhelming victory for Congressman Paul,”Elam said. “It looks like they’re almost exactly what our polls showed: We lead by about 70 percent.”

In the 10-county District 14 – which includes Victoria, Calhoun, Jackson, Wharton, Matagorda and Aransas counties –the quirky and outspoken representative has a loyal following.

Peden, however, showed that Paul could be challenged.

“Well, we didn’t do as well as I would like. Obviously, we’re disappointed,” Peden said by phone from Friendswood. “But we did a very good job against him.”

Peden is a Friendswood city councilman, accountant and businessman. He said that, in the end, Paul’s hefty campaign fundraising and name recognition tipped the scales.

“We didn’t have the money to match them,” Peden said, adding that he plans to chase Paul again in two years. “It’s not over by a long shot.”

During his campaign, Peden challenged Paul on the incumbent’s effectiveness in Congress.

“I think we needed to get message out there, but we just didn’t do as well as we needed to do,” Peden said, adding that raising funds against an imbedded incumbent proved difficult.

Paul, meanwhile, garnered support through straightforward talk about limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets and a “return” to sound economic policies.

Paul has never voted to raise taxes, for federal restrictions on gun ownership or to increase congressional pay, he has said. He voted against the Iraq war.

The incumbent’s blunt message and unique style won over District 14 voters.

“I think it shows that the voters in District 14 agree with Congressman Paul on the issues, that they support him and he’s an incredibly popular candidate,” Elam said. “I don’t think Peden was even a player in this race. People don’t know him, and those who do don’t agree with him on issues.”

idiom
03-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Oooh that cuts.

Razor burn.