PDA

View Full Version : Precinct 1A (51 delegates) and another

INeedATherapist
03-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Edit: (Rockwall county)

The precinct convention I attended tonight had about 15 people turn out. I got there a little early with my parents and there was a guy there already who was also a Ron Paul supporter (we found out because he wanted to see the resolutions we brought).

He ended up being the chairman and my mom (I'm only 20, I figured older people would be better in the leadership roles) was the secretary. The chairman decided, to figure out who Ron Paul supporters were, I guess, to vote on resolutions before delegates.

We passed a good amount of resolutions, opposing the REAL ID act, PATRIOT act, TTC, eminent domain for toll roads, resolution for D.C. v. Heller. It was great!

My girlfriend was in a car wreck right before the delegates were going to be chosen, so I didn't get to see exactly what happened, but I do know that I'm a delegate, my mom is a delegate, and surely the chairman was a delegate. And seeing has how my precinct has 51(!) delegates, we should have a good Ron Paul turnout at the county convention just from my precinct alone!

The girl in the wreck also went to her convention (Dallas county) and she said most of the people there were RP supporters. They didn't bring as many resolutions as my precinct, but RP got delegates from her precinct, as well (she's one too)!

(I could be wrong on the 51 delegates for the county convention, but my mom dug up stuff that said our precinct was at the top of the list (I couldn't find that same thing).)

RP4EVER
03-05-2008, 02:48 AM
how many RP supporters?

molly_pitcher
03-05-2008, 12:28 PM
bump

INeedATherapist
03-05-2008, 02:49 PM
9 out of 10 at my girlfriend's precinct were Ron Paul supporters. The 1 is unkown.

At mine I'm unsure, I had to leave early and didn't get to be involved in the delegate discussion. I am thinking at least 7 out of 15. Possibly more. My resolution against the PATRIOT act and military commissions passed 8 to 7, so I don't think there were more than 8 RP supporters there :p

wealeat
03-05-2008, 02:58 PM
According to my calculation, the entire #1 pct. had 36.36 delegates, and 1a had 22.44.

INeedATherapist
03-06-2008, 03:00 AM
Do you mind if I ask where you get that number from? I can't find it anywhere :(

I only said 51 delegates because I heard the chairman say that number and I figured that's what he was talking about. But if not, sorry for stating the wrong number :p

Man... I wish I got the guy's email! I had to leave early and didn't get the chance!