PDA

View Full Version : OMG 40,000 at risk for HIV and HEP B & C!!!!

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 12:20 AM
i know this probably doesnt belong here but i want people to know this....

they have been using dirty syringes!!!!!! kids elderly youth all exposed to this....are we going to experience our own american genocide?? i know its a little crazy but seriously.....

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=90840

check it out from the jear 2004-present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

humanic
03-05-2008, 12:24 AM
40,000? :eek:

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 12:25 AM
they are saying 40,000 but people are claiming its more!!!!

gerryb
03-05-2008, 12:27 AM
bah, fear mongering.

It says that many are AT RISK.

take this to another forum

mczerone
03-05-2008, 12:35 AM
A clinic double used some tubes with some syringes through daily endocrinology appts.

40,000 people underwent treatment there while they were using this unsanitary procedure, but any cross-contamination could only spread to one or two patients.

So of 40,000 I'd guess about 200 have Hep C, 50 Hep b and 50 HIV. That means about 400 people are at risk of horrible disease because their medical provider was going against standard procedure to save about $10.00 a day.

The Clinic needs to be held over the fire for allowing it, including MDs, RNs, LPNs, and Med Assistants - they should all known better and should be punished with a day of safety video watching on a weekend; and the people/person who ordered the improper behavior should face criminal charges.

Lord Xar
03-05-2008, 12:36 AM
before it is shown and written in stone, I will look at it with some sort of "plan".

I see any fear tactic as a way to ultimately take power away from the individual.

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 12:37 AM
uhhh no theyre not saying many.....theyre saying 40,000 or more....this has been going on since 2004...this is not fear mongering....this is real life!!! this is really happening!!! and these deliberate accidents can happen to u or someone u love

Paulitician
03-05-2008, 12:39 AM
"deliberate accidents"

Isn't that an oxymoron? LOL

BTW, not RP grassroots 1 star

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 12:41 AM
A clinic double used some tubes with some syringes through daily endocrinology appts.

40,000 people underwent treatment there while they were using this unsanitary procedure, but any cross-contamination could only spread to one or two patients.

So of 40,000 I'd guess about 200 have Hep C, 50 Hep b and 50 HIV. That means about 400 people are at risk of horrible disease because their medical provider was going against standard procedure to save about $10.00 a day.

The Clinic needs to be held over the fire for allowing it, including MDs, RNs, LPNs, and Med Assistants - they should all known better and should be punished with a day of safety video watching on a weekend; and the people/person who ordered the improper behavior should face criminal charges.

umm working as a person in the healthcare field one knows that the number one thing u do at work is PATIENT SAFETY!!! they will all be held accountable...nurses lpns MDs maybe not so much medical assistants because they cant give shots or do endoscopys....4 years worth of this malpractice is going to produce more than just 400 infected patients....those that are infected didnt know they had the chance of being infected so if theyre infected imagine who they came into contact with that could have been infected as well??? and in case u didnt kno HIV survives i think its 3 days....so to say only one or 2 persons are at risk for infection is just crazy!! do some research

03-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Wow.

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 01:36 AM
bump for awarness

Ex Post Facto
03-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Terrorists I tell you...

Fortunately it was isolated to one clinic in southern Nevada.

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Terrorists I tell you...

Fortunately it was isolated to one clinic in southern Nevada.

ok but imagine if people are infected....they dont know they were infected for 4 years!!! they may have engaged in activities that will put others who have never been to the clinic at risk as well...so this is bigger than just the clinic....

Sarge
03-05-2008, 08:54 AM
It is much worse. 6th clinic just closed.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/global/story.asp?s=7966180

I can not believe it in this day and age. It is criminal. I wonder if they charged for new supplies?

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 08:59 AM
yes in a hospital u are charged for everything.....i mean down to the last grain of salt....they were doing this to cut spending.....FOUR YEARS PEOPLE!!! i cant believe this....u figure itd be all over the news....but its not

mczerone
03-05-2008, 09:44 AM
umm working as a person in the healthcare field one knows that the number one thing u do at work is PATIENT SAFETY!!! they will all be held accountable...nurses lpns MDs maybe not so much medical assistants because they cant give shots or do endoscopys....4 years worth of this malpractice is going to produce more than just 400 infected patients....those that are infected didnt know they had the chance of being infected so if theyre infected imagine who they came into contact with that could have been infected as well??? and in case u didnt kno HIV survives i think its 3 days....so to say only one or 2 persons are at risk for infection is just crazy!! do some research

It's not about how long HIV can survive outside a host, its about how many patients shared the same syringes/tubes. For each infected person stuck, there would only be the next Couple of patients at risk. 1 or 2 people per infected person are at risk is what I said.

If you ever want to make a serious rational argument, you shouldn't end with "do some research". You should have made your point with your research.

I don't get what you are doing posting this here even - this isn't like any "Big Brother" trying to give us all our "innoculations" or anything - its medical malpractice.

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 09:58 AM
It's not about how long HIV can survive outside a host, its about how many patients shared the same syringes/tubes. For each infected person stuck, there would only be the next Couple of patients at risk. 1 or 2 people per infected person are at risk is what I said.

If you ever want to make a serious rational argument, you shouldn't end with "do some research". You should have made your point with your research.

I don't get what you are doing posting this here even - this isn't like any "Big Brother" trying to give us all our "innoculations" or anything - its medical malpractice.

this is more than medical malpractice....this went on for four years.....osha and jchao do annual and sometimes monthly screenings to make sure hospitals are doing what theyre supposed to do to keep clients safe etc....well those programs are government sponsered....so yes i believe this is an act of big brother