PDA

View Full Version : Just one person's story

goat farmer
03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Just something to think about if you are wondering if this effort is "worth it" or not.

First time I've ever voted today.. went all out on it and attended the precinct convention afterwards.

Was able to pass 3 resolutions and become a delegate to the district convention, it was pretty cool, argued a good 40 minutes with this little punk on the TCC.

Resolution on the REAL ID Act

WHEREAS the Republican Party of Texas “oppose any government effort to implement a national ID program, including federalization of driver’s licenses;” and

WHEREAS the REAL ID intrudes upon the Sovereign States’ right to determine their own policies for licensing and identification of its residents; and

WHEREAS the REAL ID puts undue burden of cost on the Sovereign States and on the People and represents an unprecedented invasion of privacy, and the costs of these in dollars and in liberty are greater than its benefits; and

WHEREAS under the tenth amendment the federal government has no authority to force the American people to present any form of identification to perform private transactions; and

WHEREAS the REAL ID Act wrongly coerces states into compliance by threatening to refuse privileges and immunities to states that do not comply;

THEREFORE LET IT BE RESOLVED that the Republican Party of Texas calls on all branches of the government of the State of Texas and these United States to block the implementation of this Act, and to repeal the same, respectively

LET IT BE FURTHER RESOLVED that a copy of this resolution be sent to the Majority leader of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the President of the Texas Senate, and the Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives.

Submitted and Adopted by Precinct #__, _______ County, Texas, Congressional District #__, on March 4, 2008.

Resolution on Border Security

WHEREAS legal immigrants represent a strengthening of our nation; and,

WHEREAS illegal aliens have become a scapegoat for the bad government policies which enable them, and for the bad government policies which introduce the costs and burdens they place on our society; and,

WHEREAS these United States holds a current total debt, including unfunded obligations, of 53 trillion dollars, or approximately $440,000 per household according to the U.S. General Accounting Office, and cannot further afford entitlements to those who enter our county illegally and do not contribute; and

WHEREAS amnesty for illegal aliens is a violation of the rule of law and an affront to those who have worked diligently to legally enter the United States; and

WHEREAS a nation without secure borders is no nation at all;

BE IT RESOLVED that the Republican Party of Texas reaffirms its continued opposition to illegal immigration; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Republican Party of Texas calls upon our State and National Legislatures to implement legislation to effectively stem the tide of illegal aliens into this country, including legislation that will:

• Physically secure our borders and coastlines, via a return of our border patrol agents from overseas, increased patrols, and other measures as necessary to control entry into our country; and
• Enforce visa rules, requiring immigration officials to track visa holders and deport those who overstay their visas or otherwise violate U.S law; and
• Deny amnesty, so that illegal aliens are not rewarded for breaking our laws; and
• Deny welfare and entitlements to illegal aliens, so that taxpayers are not saddled with the financial burden of illegal aliens who use our hospitals, schools, and social services; and
• Clarify that Section 1 of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution does not grant citizenship by birth to those born to illegal aliens present in the United States; and
• Pass immigration reform to create an efficient and fair system for those who are willing to enter our country legally and work for the American dream.

Submitted and Adopted by Precinct #__, _______ County, Texas, Congressional District #__, on March 4, 2008.

Resolution on the Trans-Texas Corridor

WHEREAS, Article 1, section 10, clause 3 of the United States Constitution (dated 17 September, 1787) states: No State shall enter into any Agreement or Compact with a foreign Power;

WHEREAS, the “Bill of Rights” Amendment 5 (ratified 15 December 1791) to the United States Constitution states: … nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation;

WHEREAS, Amendment 14 respective to “Citizen’s Rights” (ratified 9 July 1868) to the United States Constitution states: … nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws;

WHEREAS, the Supreme Court decision in Kelo et al. v. City of New London, Conn., restricted eminent domain to a legal matter of the states respective to private property;

WHEREAS, Texas H.B. 2702 (enrolled) section 203.066 as applies to Toll Projects, deemed by the Texas Dept. Of Transportation to be a “Public-Private” enterprise, pro-vides for the “taking of real properties” for private and corporate gains without due process of law nor just compensation, does thereby violate the above stated United States Constitution and Amendments; and in conjunction with Texas H.B. 3588 (enrolled) section 370.161, 370.033, 361.307 does enter into contract for “private” gain with the State of Mexico, a foreign power; and furthermore, these two (2) stated legislative acts provide for and explicitly authorize the Trans Texas Corridor Highway Projects to be built, regulated, managed, maintained and controlled both by foreign corporations (i.e. Centra/Zachry), and foreign interest (i.e. the states of Mexico and Spain) through the expenditure of both public and private funding subsidized through “Toll” activities on previously non-toll routes of transportation;

THEREFORE LET IT BE RESOLVED to condemn the aforementioned legislative documents as invalid, null and void on the grounds of unconstitutionality, and do as a party demand the Legislative, Executive and Judicial branches of the Governments of the State of Texas and these United States to act upon this matter with extreme prejudice by the will of the people and to without delay pass legislation to revoke these acts and declare publicly their invalidity;

LET IT BE FURTHER RESOLVED that the matters of the Trans-Texas Corridor respective to “Toll” authority should be restricted to new construction and prohibited from the use of "eminent domain", and that any “for public” seizures of properties whereby a private entity or corporation shall benefit directly, a “fair-market value” must be negotiated between the private property owner and the gaining/seizing entity/ies or authority/ies; and that furthermore, said Trans-Texas Corridor matters should be placed as a non-binding referendum on the next possible primary ballot to, finally and truthfully, give the people of Texas the right to vote on the Trans-Texas Corridor.

The coolest part though was having my daughters and wife out there holding up signs and waving at people and getting smiles.. they were proud to stand up for what "Dad" said was a good idea, felt pretty damn good about that, I feel like at 8 years old, my daughter knows first hand what being a patriot means. I'm glad I didn't have to explain to her why Dad believed in one thing, but was voting for someone else or any of that nonsense. I've never been into politics and now that my interest is peaked, I'm still not going to be into "politics" just going to stand up for what I believe is right. I felt like I passed this ideology on to my family tonight and that felt good. I know my daughters will carry on that "tradition" and make a real difference some day. I know of several others who had similar experiences for the first time as well, which is a good sign... and it's not over yet, on to the next level.

Also, I had a best friend who voted for the first time tonight as well, he was able to head his convention and passed 15 or so resolutions including abolishing the IRS, the FED and protesting the nomination of Juan McCain

This is no longer about Ron Paul people, this now comes down to making a difference starting with your neighborhood, your region, your state then the country. This is about making a difference in how your country is run, not just who is running it.

I haven't looked at the Texas numbers yet, but it makes absolutely NO difference what they say, the PEOPLE were victorious tonight, just like they have been in other states... the long process of taking our country back has been initiated, one precinct, a few people at a time!!!

Keep after it, become a delegate, an alternate, help with states that haven't voted yet.. do what you can, this cause will never be "over" no matter what happens!!

hopeforamerica
03-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Very nice!

wowabunga
03-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Yep that's some good stuff... powerful good stuff...

Cinderella
03-05-2008, 01:31 AM
nice thread!!!