PDA

View Full Version : 0448 Precinct Convention - Houston

Wendi
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM
We were forced to meet in the foyer of the auditorium where the democratic meeting was being held. There was one folding table that was already set up from the earlier voting process, and two or three chairs. It was noisy due to the through-traffic of people going into and out of the democratic meeting... we were unable to hear what was being discussed, and requests for the self-appointed chair to speak up were met with condescension and near hostility. I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Mrs. Whitefield for demonstrating so well why there is so little participation in our sham election process. :mad:

molly_pitcher
03-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Wow. I'm really sorry. Looks like there really is a great deal to clean up at the local level. How to get rid of the old bat?

Elwar
03-04-2008, 10:21 PM
next time sign up to be precinct chairman...run a campaign if the old bag won't step down

steph3n
03-04-2008, 11:15 PM
We were forced to meet in the foyer of the auditorium where the democratic meeting was being held. There was one folding table that was already set up from the earlier voting process, and two or three chairs. It was noisy due to the through-traffic of people going into and out of the democratic meeting... we were unable to hear what was being discussed, and requests for the self-appointed chair to speak up were met with condescension and near hostility. I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Mrs. Whitefield for demonstrating so well why there is so little participation in our sham election process. :mad:

what county are you in?? This sounds almost exactly like my convention setting!

nevermind it is in the topic :D

Wendi
03-05-2008, 12:59 PM
There won't be a next time. The only reason I didn't burn my voter's registration card in protest last night is because I am still holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, Ron will change his mind and run independent. If not, he's as much a chickenhearted sham as the rest of them.

MBA2008
03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Elwar is absolutely right.

I have never had any involvement in politics outside of voting, but I showed up early to my PC in Austin, and took it over despite the location being overrun by Democrats.

Our convention was humble, but due to the initiative taken by me and other RP supporters we made it a huge success. (Well at least as big a success as 5 delegates can be.)

Ron Paul is not a chicken. He has been saying the the same things for over 30 years despite ridicule and opposition from his own party, not to mention from other quarters. He is the only one in Congress that has the courage to lift the veil from our tyranny, and he backs up his words with his own actions.

This system has crept into place over the past 90 years. It's not going to be undone over the course of one election cycle. Please recognize that (for now) RP must operate within the Republican Party. If he runs as an Independent, it gives the Republican Party leadership ammunition in ousting RP. This could jeopardize future runs for Congress and the Presidency.

Please be patient. We are laying the foundation of the revolution. We must think long term, and claim victory where we can. Keeping RP in Congress is more important that running an independent presidential campaign that won't win.

Let's be refreshed by our victories and learn form our mistakes, and focus now on converting 2010 and 2012 voters. Let's work to get more RP folks elected to local and state offices. Let's keep getting the message out there. Our work now will pay large dividends down the road.